WTB: Rose-Plastic Extendable Storage Tubes

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Zeildritch
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Musician, trader and collector. Interested in whistles, strings and Uilleann Pipes. Currently living in Europe, Uk and Ireland.

WTB: Rose-Plastic Extendable Storage Tubes

Post by Zeildritch »

I'm sure we've all seem them, or even have some kicking about. The Rose-Plastic brand of extendable storage tubes -

I'm wondering if anyone has one they would like to sell, or maybe has a good idea of solution for whistle storage that isn't in a roll or a pouch.

PM me if you do have one for sale, as the min. order quantity from the vendor is more than I require.
nicx66
Tell us something.: Hi, I have been playing whistle for 3 years. I made my first whistle 2 years ago and my first tin whistle last year in a tinsmithing class.

Re: WTB: Rose-Plastic Extendable Storage Tubes

Post by nicx66 »

I have used a spent paper towel roll (the cardboard part) and crimped in the ends. You could epoxy one if you wanted to make it stronger/more durable.
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Threaded ends on pvc pipe with screw on end caps.
ericgrey

Post by ericgrey »

You could maybe try these folk http://beckettpackaging.co.uk/telescopic-square.html ask for sample?
Or if you buy one of the plastic Dixon whistles you get one free.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

So, you're looking for the Rose QuadroPack, but the vendor, http://www.rose-medipack.com/quadropack-2/ doesn't directly see quantities you can use. here's a product sheet with sizes - box quantities are high:
http://pdf.directindustry.com/pdf/rose- ... 84014.html

Have you asked them who purchases from them, as you might be able to get in smaller quantities from one of their customers? It's a medical supply item. Sometimes I see them on eBay in small batches, but not at the moment.

More expensive, but possibly a hardier, more attractive carry case, are document tubes:
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/document-tube
Angel Shadowsong
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Angel Shadowsong »

Hi,

I bought a couple in the China branch of Rose Plastics.

I bought like 45 pcs only that Fits my Susato M-Series and L Series. They said their minimum is around 300 but I dont need that much. BUT they sold the display items of those sizes.

Maybe you can try.

The contact person speaks English and the mode of payment I chose is via Paypal.
Quote by Zig Ziglar: “Success occurs when opportunity meets preparation”
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

I have seen small quantities of them for sale but can't remember where. Possibly art supply shops, where they were for sale as brush storage containers. Possibly ebay.

Ebay does have some round brush storage tubes:

Brush storage tubes

Extendable wire tubes, like these
or these ones, can work too.

It's a matter of looking at places that may have a use for storage tubes like these, fishing shops also stock similar tubes for feather storage, if you tie your own flies.
My brain hurts

awildman

Post by awildman »

Perhaps you could stop in at your local florist and inquire about purchasing a few (at retail prices).
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

Zeildritch wrote:I'm wondering if anyone has one they would like to sell, or maybe has a good idea of solution for whistle storage that isn't in a roll or a pouch.

PM me if you do have one for sale, as the min. order quantity from the vendor is more than I require.
You're in the UK (profile says so)? I have a few left over from various whistle purchases... four of the standard square push-together type like your photo and one round one that screws shut. Think most came with high Ds and smaller, but long enough for high Cs. I don't use them as regular whistle 'cases', so you're welcome if interested...

PS They're all 20mm width except the round one (also Rose), which is marked 22.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
wizzywig

Post by wizzywig »

All my Chieftain whistles came with this case as standard.

wiz.
Tor

Post by Tor »

The ones in the picture look like those I bought from bigwhistle.co.uk: http://www.bigwhistle.co.uk/index.php?r ... _id=223648
They used to have at least two sizes, now I only see that 'soprano' size.
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

Tor wrote:They used to have at least two sizes, now I only see that 'soprano' size.
That's the size I've got (three posts up), but I wouldn't recommend it for a Bb whistle. Only just long enough to catch with the two halves wobbling and (for example) a Generation Bb mouthpiece will only fit in the 'outside' half.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
oleorezinator
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

Somewhere I've seen a tony dixon whistle
in a case like that. Maybe try him.
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
Tor

Post by Tor »

Peter Duggan wrote:
Tor wrote:They used to have at least two sizes, now I only see that 'soprano' size.
That's the size I've got (three posts up), but I wouldn't recommend it for a Bb whistle. Only just long enough to catch with the two halves wobbling and (for example) a Generation Bb mouthpiece will only fit in the 'outside' half.
Thanks, I was wondering about that - I use the soprano size for C, D,Eb,F, and the larger size (of the two that Bigwhistle offered) for alto G and A. But I don't own a Bb - I suspected that maybe the larger size would be a better fit but I wasn't sure.