Had my Abell stolen this week

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Seth
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Had my Abell stolen this week

Post by Seth »

My beautiful Abell whistle has been stolen and I'm heart-broken. This was a gift to me almost 10 years ago and there's no way I can afford to replace it. Super bummed. That is all
MadmanWithaWhistle
Tell us something.: Instrument maker and researcher exploring new methods of creating traditional instruments with longevity aforethought. Player of the whistle, flute, and continental European border pipes.

Re: Had my Abell stolen this week

Post by MadmanWithaWhistle »

Shoot! I'm sorry to hear that. Where did it get stolen from? Nothing on Craigslist so far...
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

Very sorry to hear that. Stings a bit I'm sure...
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
MadmanWithaWhistle
Tell us something.: Instrument maker and researcher exploring new methods of creating traditional instruments with longevity aforethought. Player of the whistle, flute, and continental European border pipes.

Post by MadmanWithaWhistle »

I should add that I also live in Minneapolis- I'll keep an eye out for anyone who seems to have a new one at the sessions. I'd like to know where this happened- I play in a lot of the pubs here and often leave my bag unattended.
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

I should think losing a quality whistle you've had a relationship with for ten years would be akin to losing a hand. You have my deepest sympathy.
Please also post on the C&F Lost/Stolen Forum.
You should also get word out on every form of social media you can think of: Facebook, Twitter, Pintarest (if you have any pictures), The Session, Trad Connect, etc.

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
Seth

Post by Seth »

Thanks for your interest :)

This was actually in Shakopee at the Renaissance Festival last Saturday. They have a lost and found there but it never turned up
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Don't forget to post the serial # on the head.
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

That's awful. Yes, get your message out everywhere because people know people. You never know.
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

So sorry, Seth. Our band loves to play Celtic festivals, and we played a truly wonderful one, last Saturday. I always worry about what you have experienced. When we finish our set or sets, we always like to wander around the festivals, looking, listening, discovering... Cars are parked far away from the actual festival grounds, usually. One can put instruments in the cars, if one is OK with a long walk carrying heavy instruments - and then leaving said instruments - including wooden ones - in a hot car for a few hours. Right.

We have found that the only way to be 90% safe, is to have all band instruments in a close, shaded area - with one of us shepherding the flock, to make sure none stray. We have a lady we refer to as our 'den mother' who likes to knit and crochet, and she often would rather be there in the shade - watching people, and listening to the music - than walking the usually rather large and crowded festival grounds.

I hope that your Abell returns home.
Best.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979