10 years past, and still a topic of conversation...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Weasel's Daughter
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

10 years past, and still a topic of conversation...

Post by Weasel's Daughter »

Yesterday was the 10 year anniversary of Glenn Schultz's death. Mum, younger brother Cody, and I cussed at his headstone for a few (i jest, we said mostly nice things) and had dinner together, taking some time to talk about the ol' boy. I stumbled by here yesterday and was so gratified to read that You Lovely Folk are not just cherishing but playing his instruments; he'd remind you to keep them oiled, and play them often.

Blessings on yerselves and yer families
Bree
dunnp

Re: 10 years past, and still a topic of conversation...

Post by dunnp »

What a lovely post.
All the best to Glenn's family.
He is still missed.
Thanks,
Patrick
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Yes, a lovely post. As a newbie-ish whistler I've spent countless hours searching the forum and reading thru the threads regarding the Glen Schultz whistles. I've learned so much about whistles and am grateful that the man (your dad) devoted his time to craftsmanship of the finest caliber. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :)
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

Yes we still cherish and play his whistles. That will continue for a long time.

I took a Thin Weasel for walk in the garden yesterday, will likely do the same later today. OK, I'll oil them later today as well, but just because you said so.

All the best to you and yours, Bree.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Much miss the fellow. He answered e mails in poems.
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Bree: Memories... During your dad's lifetime, I read much about his whistles, and heard so many of them - and yet I had never owned one. After his passing, your kindness was shown so much by searching his shop, and picking an A Water Weasel for me - classic grey PVC with red fipple plug. Truly a wonderful instrument from a master maker… Paul Busman found me a high D, and Doc Jones found me a high C. Such a plethora of Water Weasel riches…

Over the last year or so, many issues - including a daughter at university - have caused me to sell the majority of my whistle collection. Among those that remain are my 3 Water Weasels. They stay.

Best to you, Bree. I remember you with fondness. You come from very good stock.
Byll
Last edited by Byll on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
whistlecollector

Post by whistlecollector »

Weasel's Daughter wrote:Yesterday was the 10 year anniversary of Glenn Schultz's death. Mum, younger brother Cody, and I cussed at his headstone for a few (i jest, we said mostly nice things) and had dinner together, taking some time to talk about the ol' boy. I stumbled by here yesterday and was so gratified to read that You Lovely Folk are not just cherishing but playing his instruments; he'd remind you to keep them oiled, and play them often.

Blessings on yerselves and yer families
Bree
:lol: Mostly nice things!

I never met or even knew of Glenn back in the day, though learned soon enough about the very high quality of his instruments. I now have two, a d and a G, and have long been very happy with both -- lovely sounding instruments and terribly beautifully made! You can clearly follow the trail of crumbs right back to Glenn's workshop by looking at the many wooden whistles that are now being made that in one way or another follow from or were inspired by his work.

Here's a (virtual) pint raised in the Weasel maker's honour!
-- A tin whistle a day keeps the racketts at bay.

-- WhOAD Survivor No. 11373
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

It's nice to see you around here, Bree. I have such fresh memories of Glenn. He was one of a kind.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.