Shannon Heaton Tune Of The Month

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Shannon Heaton Tune Of The Month

Post by Loren »

Hey folks, just a heads up to let you know Shannon Heaton has started up her Tune Of The Month instructional podcasts again! Good stuff, check it out, and maybe donate if you find it helpful: http://www.mattandshannonheaton.com/TOTM/
Feadoggie

Re: Shannon Heaton Tune Of The Month

Post by Feadoggie »

Yes, I have enjoyed those and find them useful.

Good players, nice folks.
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

I'm not seeing anything in the archives. Hopefully that will come soon! Good stuff, indeed.
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
JS
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by JS »

Thanks, Loren.
"Furthermore he gave up coffee, and naturally his brain stopped working." -- Orhan Pamuk
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

You're welcome JS.

Charlie, as you may know there have been several iterations of the TOTM podcasts, hosted in several different locations. Unfortunately, I think everything from the first location is gone, but I could be wrong. At a certain point the TOTM was moved to iTunes podcast, and last I checked those episodes were still available. In those podcasts the format was a bit different, having both Matt and Shannon discussing the tune for guitar and flute. I liked those episodes but found them somewhat less useful as a flute player. It appears that Shannon has returned to her original solo flute instruction format, which is how the TOTM started.

At any rate, perhaps the previous episodes which were hosted elsewhere will at some point be added, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Now, if people were donating for current/future episodes and requesting the previous episodes, who knows.....

Also, I would tell folks not to be afraid to email Shannon (via the website) with suggestions/requests for future TOTM lessons/tunes. My experience has been that she is busy, but quite accessible.

And by all means check out their calendar folks: Matt and Shannon are doing a number teaching engagements at camps, not to mention gigs. It's been mentioned a number of times before on the forum, but Shannon is an excellent teacher in person.
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Loren, thank you for posting over on the whistle forum too. There are members who don't follow all of the forums.