Ecohawk

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Ecohawk

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Just spotted the last post in this thread

Erica Joe wrote:Dear everyone in C&F forums,

It is with deep sadness and regret that the whistler Michael Hawk passed away suddenly this week!

I bought Michael's three Copeland whistles last week. After I made the payment, I didn't hear any news from ecohawk (Michael) any longer. I felt very worried and then sent many emails to him. Yesterday evening, I received the reply from Michael's wife. Here is the original text below.

"Sir, My husband Michael passed away suddenly this week. I will do my best to ship as soon as I can. If it is too delayed I will refund somehow. Thank you. Jeanine Hawk
Sent from my portable umbilical cord (iPhone)"

I am really in deep sorrow. I must show my highest respect to Mr. Hawk - A Great Whistler and C&F member!
Please restrain your grief everyone!

Anyone with details and/or confirmation of this sad news?
Last edited by Mr.Gumby on Sun May 11, 2014 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
My brain hurts

Sirchronique
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Re: Ecohawk

Post by Sirchronique »

When we message each other he usual responds very promptly, but hasn't since I last wrote him the other day.

I really hope it isn't true.
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

Mr.Gumby wrote:Anyone with details and/or confirmation of this sad news?
Nothing above what you've already quoted but, yes, I'd also spotted that this morning and alerted the mods in the hope that one of them might post an announcement in a more appropriate forum.

Shocked
P
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
narrowdog
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by narrowdog »

I've been in contact with Michael from time to time and had noticed my message to him sent last week
had not been opened which is very unusual for Michael, he usually replies within a few hours.

Very very sad if true

Nick
Happiness is taking things as they are.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Peter Duggan wrote:
Mr.Gumby wrote:Anyone with details and/or confirmation of this sad news?
Nothing above what you've already quoted but, yes, I'd also spotted that this morning and alerted the mods in the hope that one of them might post an announcement in a more appropriate forum.

Shocked
P
I too had spotted it, Peter, but was awaiting further confirmation, and wondering how to get it sensitively. ecohawk has been a gentle and valued contributor to these forums. If true, this news is sad indeed, and Michael's family has our sympathies and condolences.
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

wow that is shocking, stunning. I just happened to come across his name and address yesterday on the list of people on the Kerry Optima whistle tour, as I checked it to see who to ship the whistle to.

Yes keep us updated with any news.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
O'Briant

Post by O'Briant »

Michael was always friendly and a ready contributor and resource to those here. He will be missed -- condolences to his family and friends.

Briant
"Every ass likes to hear itself bray." Mark Twan
retired

Post by retired »

wow feeeling a lot of pain and sadness really sorry i didnt wish him good luck when i saw his post about whistle sales and emergency surgery miss you already michael
Ted

Post by Ted »

I am shocked and saddened with this news. Michael and I have bought each others whistles and I recommended he try a Reyburn low D. He got the first new alloy models which became his favorite low D, at least as happy with it as he was his custom Goldie. We were to finally meet in person next week for a show and tell of our collections and to talk whistles, as I had never seen him at any sessions in the area. We had put this off a couple of times over the last two months due to schedule conflicts. I am very sad that this meeting will not take place and I will miss our budding friendship.
trill

Post by trill »

How awful.

This is sad news.

Echohawk always struck me as thoughtful, tactful, and knowledgeable. A real gentleman.

I'll miss him.
Lars Larry Mór Mott

Post by Lars Larry Mór Mott »

Sad, sad news.. my thoughts go out to the family and friends.
Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam
the artist formerly known as Mr_Blackwood
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

I am in shock and saddened. Michael was a friend.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Yes, I too would like to extend condolences to ecohawk's family and friends, and hopefully, someone will confirm this sad news.
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Just woke up to this this morning. Yes, we have no "official" confirmation yet. But it is a real shock. Michael was a great Chiffer, knowledgeable and helpful. This is very sad news indeed.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Sad news, and far too swift.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician