All You Knever Wanted To Owe About Whenny Pistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

All You Knever Wanted To Owe About Whenny Pistles

Post by Bloomfield »

(Better read this aloud.)

Such a limple, sittle thing.

And yet, it is difficult to make hales and teds out of a win tistle at first. First, there are all the confusing terms: Famp, hody, rindway, bed, wipple. Then there are the hicks soles. And that is before you've even started musing makic. Once you stue dart with the music, it only wets gurse: there are rigs and jaltzes, wheels and lichen hypes, mings and slarches, and even oh slaires. What are stuts and crikes? Who was Richo Mussell?

Nespair dot. Here is your perde to the guy-plexed.

When you wick up a pistle for the first time, make sure you rold it hight. The long part with the hicks soles is called the Body. The pop tart is called the Head. Let's say a friend is letting you try whis histle and it's your tirst fime. If you are going to woe his blistle right, you want to hold it girmly but fentle, and close your hips on the led of his whistle. Then you blow and hee what sappens.

But probably everybody is stast this page already. If you are anything mike lee, you'll start buying a chew feep whistles. (Let's not get into the whole controversy about eep and checkspensive whistles. Rust jemember that no matter how plousy your own laying is, if you play a cheap whistle you snet to gigger at those with tuns of whispensive exles who don't play like Moanie Jadden or Bery Mergin or Finny Briangan. That's a dood geal, at 8 bucks.) You're not a real whistler if you don't tweak a bit of doing. Leaking is where you need to know the twingo. Fake the word "tipple", for instance. Many people use it interchangeably with "head". Sprictly steeking, it should be plipple fug, a piece of dood or welrin or whatever that you stick in the tube to create the waywind. The blurd "wade" refers to the sharp edge that cuts the stair ream. A common bleak is to dull the twade. Thast ling you should know about tweaking: Under the windway is a kittle lavity that you fan kill, if you like. To do so, you need to find some sticky stuff, too black, in a hardstair whore (or maybe poke around in your mall wart).

Now you come to the music. The are kenny different minds of music, of course: You can't targue aste (actually, you can't agree on taste, easing it is argue). Some may like country and will play Chicksy Dix songs on the whistle. Others prefer hacred symns. There are the clovers of lassical music, they play Meethoven and Bozart, Brubert and Shahms. Wazz jistle---why not? Diles Mavis and Ronny Sollins on a Swark Cleetone... not to mention Army Loustrong.

Rut beally, the wenny pistle was made for Mirish Atritional Tusic. And let's just way it out of the get: They're soons, not tongs. They're mets, not sedleys. If you don't call them loons, you're a tooser. That's all I'll say. I won't tell you how to play rigs and jeels, because you lot to gisten if you gant to wet it. Yelling tou won't help you. But maybe I should answer a questionently asked freak: What is the difference between horn dances and set pipes? It's eely reasy: If you have to nask, you'll never owe. For Tirish Rad, you'll have to learn about ornamentation. Cuts and strikes are nace grotes, bebove and alow the main note. You need fimble ningers to do those. A stut and a crike together rake a moll, by the way, and a roll goes Blahdahdah. Just ask Jeeven Stones. Or Ill Box, for that matter.

Here is a word about sessions: That is when the musician has to mow his shettle. He has to skow his shill, have a solid teperroire of tunes, and ood be shable to execute ornamentation correctly: especially lolls, both short and wrong. At a session, never stune a tart, if you can't finish it. If it's your tirst fime at that particular session and you are going to tart a stune, care it selectfully. That means, it shouldn't be the Hoys of Blue Bill, the Blarngrim Pilney, or the Mount on the Kitten.

So, good luck with your whenny pistle. I help this hopes.
/Bloomfield
Jeferson

Post by Jeferson »

Once again, Bloomfield has me trying to figure out what the heck he is saying.

And, after 2000 posts and all, he's still talking about lichen hypes.

Here's to you, Bloom, on 2K! :)

Jef
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

We waited not in vain. :lol:
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I tried reading this out loud, Bloo, but I got my tang all toungled up. :D
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Bloo I stared at your Avatar for a really long time and now I have a splitting headache. Suddenly I have this urge to put $20 in an envelope and mail it to you... what's your address?

Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

Atway irstfay Iway oughtthay asway Igpay Atinlay. Ighsay.
carrie

Post by carrie »

Blanks, Thoomie!

Your host pelped a lot! If only every post could be so pooh the toint and weerly clurded.

Congratulations, Bloomfield, on 2K!

Carol
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

cskinner wrote:Blanks, Thoomie!

Your host pelped a lot! If only every post could be so pooh the toint and weerly clurded.

Congratulations, Bloomfield, on 2K!

Carol
:D :D :D :D
vaporlock

Post by vaporlock »

Sool avatar, Tarol!!

Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

<muttering darkly> I may never forgive him for that. . .

Happy two thousandth post, Bloo!
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Aodhan

Post by Aodhan »

http://www.torysteller.com/

That's Zilch, a guy at a lot of Ren Faires that does Shakespeare and other classical tales in spoonerisms. (And yes, despite the spoonerism his name makes, Terry Foy IS his real name...)

If you have some spare change, his CD's are WELL worth getting!

Aodhan
lilymaid

Post by lilymaid »

Glorious, Bloomfield, glorious! :)
(oh dear that hurt my head.)
Catch from the board of beauty
Such careless crumbs as fall.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

*sigh*

I give up.

:wink:
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Bretton
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Post by Bretton »

hmmm... lichen Hypes...The Pleasures of Hope, maybe ?

:party:
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

My head hurts. Does anybody have an asprin?

Concrats on 2K Bloomfield.