OT - Just a Joke

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Chiffy Adventure

Post by Walden »

Martin Milner, Bloomfield, Dale, and I were sitting in the C&F Frequent Poster's lounge, eating peanuts and watching a rugby match on ESPN, when the door burst open. The person standing before us was ragged and out of breath, his visage was marred with what appeared to be sorghum mollasses, but I finally made out that it was Vaporlock. All he said before collapsing to the floor was what sounded like "claw glow."

"Help me move him out of here," said Dale, who is always on the ball about such things. "He can lie in here after he has reached a thousand posts."

"I only have 1999 posts," remarked Bloomfield.

"That's true," said the undisputed, "What are you doing in the lounge?"

I said "unless I'm mistaken, you only have to have 1000 posts to get a key to the lounge."

"What is this?!!" Martin exclaimed. "It appears to be a map... a very sticky map. Someone get a damp cloth, and I'll wash it up a bit."

After we got off all that we could of the sorghum, we opened it up and found that it was a map to the holy grail.

"The Chiff and Fipple Holy Grail!
The Chiffy Grail!" said Dale.
"The Copeland prototype for Clarke!
To find it, let's embark!"

"That's what he said," I cried, "Clarke low! It's the fabled prototype low D that Copeland made for Clarke!"

"Well, duh!" replied Dale.

The map showed that the prototype was to be found in the lands of the north. So we headed to Saskatoon. Soon we realized that we should have gone to the western regions of the great northern land, and after a long journey arrived at the home of Elfsongs. We met a nice lady named Sandy, and her mother played us a tune on the banjo, but after partaking of a spot of tea, we headed on our way, as they said that we had our map upside down, and the grail was in the land down under.

We had come this far by car (taking a ferry boat across a couple of places) so we had no choice but to head back down south to get Dale Force One. We came on down the so-called West Coast, where we met The Weekenders and Murphy Stout. We also met Redwolf. Unfortunately the car we were in was Martin Milner's Mini, and it gave out in Salt Lake City. Susnfx came and picked us up and we had a nice dinner with Sunnywindo and her family. Then they took us to the Great Rocky Mountain Session, where we met Brian and Avanutria and Ben, and some other folks I dare not name. Afterward, Avanutria and Ben gave us a ride to Mack Hoover's place, whence we would ski down to the airport and catch a flight to Dale's private airport.

We spent the night with Mr. and Mrs. Hoover, and had a fine breakfast. Mack showed us his shop, and gave us each a whistle that was a reject, as souvenirs (just kidding about the rejects, mine and Dale's were good).

As we started skiing toward the airport, Bloomfield suddenly remembered that he doesn't ski, and I said, "Nonsense, I've seen you ski many a time." And he said, "You have not, Waldo." And I said, "Uh huh." And he was all like "Nuh uh." And I'm like "yes huh." And he was all, "You're such a load of rec***ers." Meanwhile, Dale gave us both a push down the hill, and I was facing backwards, so it was a most unpleasant journey for me.

So we get in the airport and the security screeners demand to see Martin Milner's passport, and it was all fine, but then they demand to see mine. And I say, "I'm a U.S. citizen, I wasn't aware I needed a passport." So they let me on through.

We finally land at Dale's airport, and my ears are competely stopped up from all the altitude change, as I'm used to being in Eastern Oklahoma, without much travel. And I begin to worry that I'm getting an ear infection. So Dale takes me to the doctor. We're sitting in the doctor's office and Dale's cellular phone rings. He says, "I'll have to take this outside. They don't allow you to use cellular phones in the doctor's office." So he goes outside. Meanwhile a lady starts getting sick, and she makes a big mess, so, I run outside, suddenly feeling like my ears are okay after all.

"That was Wombat," says Dale. He says that the Grail is indeed in Australia, and we are welcome to come stay with him. We head out on Dale Force One, making a stop in Oklahoma so I can pick up my passport, and we head on down to Australia. Wombat picks us up, and takes us to a secret lair, where he says that Dr. Syn and the Synners have hidden the Grail.

"But I thought the Syn whistles were a fabulous new design," said Martin Milner. "They are," said Wombat, but Syn knows that once the inexpensive Clarke low D's become available, there will not be much demand for his $30 high-end whistles, as all the lower middle class whistlers will be spending their money on Clarke low whistles.

So Bloomfield, Dale, Wombat, and I began a lively debate on class structure, and whether there should even be such a thing. Meanwhile Martin Milner was sitting by the Land Cruiser snickering. He looks down and spies a venomous reptile and jumps back. "Relaxssssssssssss," said the snake, "itssssssssss your old pal Ssssssssserpent."

"But I thought you lived in Missou..." Milner was interrupted by Serpent who said, "Sssssshhhhh. We don't want to disturb them while they're bickering, and I'm a bit of an Addle adder today."

"I came down to Ausssssstralia to retrieve the grail," said Serp, "Come with me!" And Martin Milner and Serpent took off in the Land Rover.

"What the rec***er?!" cried Dale. "They're getting away! Why did they leave without us?"

About this time Dr. Syn came riding out, in his Scarecrow outfit, and told us to hop on horses and to head for town. He'd explain on the way. As we stopped to water our horses at the halfway point, the Scarecrow explained that Zubivka and Claudine had been doing some investigation, and had found out he'd stolen the grail. They then had called Serpent, who headed down and stole it away from him. In the mean time, while delivering a sermon in his day job as parish vicar, Dr. Syn had realized the errors of his way and repented, but Serpent, Claudine and Zoob didn't know it.

So we headed on into town and caught a train to Europe. We felt like idiots when the train let us off at Adelaide, and we realized that there was no train to Europe from Australia. So we went back and got Daleforce One, and headed for Singapore. In Singapore we had a nice long chat about international law with Eldarion, who is a lawman, and Tuaz, who is a lawyer. They told us that by right of acquisition, we could lay claim on the grail, if we reached England with it before Serpent and Martin Milner did...

Wait... where was I going with this story?

Last edited by Walden on Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reasonable person
Walden
Zubivka
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Zubivka »

OK, who writes the next chapter (or should I say Volume)?
lilymaid

Post by lilymaid »

Lovely story, Walden, even if the ending got a wee bit misplaced. :)
Catch from the board of beauty
Such careless crumbs as fall.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

So I took this friend of mine from back east out hunting. After loading up early in the morning, I decided we would walk a canyon, hoping to spot some elk. I told my friend to walk down the east side of the canyon while I walked the west. We'd meet under the huge dead juniper tree at the head of the canyon around lunch time.

"What do I do if I get lost or hurt?" asked my friend, who had never been alone in the wilderness before.

"If something bad happens, just stay calm, sit down and take a rest. If you can't find a way out, shoot three times in the air, wait a few minutes, and do it again. I'll hear your distress signal and come find you."

So, we headed out. There were no elk to be seen in the canyon, and around lunch time I arrived at our meeting place. My friend was not there, so I sat down, ate, and played a couple tunes on my trusty Hoover camoflage hunting whistle. Soon it was starting to get dark and my friend still hadn't showed up. Worried, I went off looking for him.

I finally found him around 10 p.m., curled up under a tree, terrified, shivering and sobbing. After building a fire and getting a bit of food and water into him, I asked him what happened.

"Well, I got turned around and couldn't remember which way to go. It started getting dark and I got so scared I shot three times in the air like you said."

"And then?" I asked, puzzled.

"Well, after a few minutes no one came so I shot again like you said."

"Then?"

"Well, you still didn't come so I shot three times again. But then I was out of arrows!!!"

pa dum PUM
momerath

Post by momerath »

Larry drives a bus for the Sesame Street bus lines. Through one of life’s little ironies, he also plays a Busman in rosewood, but that is a story for another time. As Larry was driving one day, he beheld at his first stop two women of large girth. “Top ‘o the mornin’, ladies,” he said, “and what might your names be?”

“I’m Patty,” said the one. “My name is Patty as well,” said the other. “We were just discussing how remarkable it was that we had the same name.”

“It is indeed remarkable,” said Larry, “and I’ll need you each to sit on opposite sides of the bus so as to balance things out, so to speak."

They moved to the back and sat on opposite sides. Larry drove on. At his next stop embarked a young man who marched onto the bus and announced, “My name is Ross, and I’m special!”

Larry was somewhat taken aback, but merely replied, “Well, Ross, since you’re so special, why don’t you sit right here behind me?”

“Okay,” he replied, and he did. Larry continued with his journey through the town. The next stop produced an older gentleman dressed in slightly shabby clothes. “Good morning, sir. I’m Larry and I’ll be your bus driver today,” Larry greeted him.

“Name’s Sneed, Lester Sneed,” replied the man. Larry invited him to sit wherever he wanted and drove off after he took a seat about halfway back.

Well, it was a long way to the next stop and after a while Lester removed one of his shoes and proceeded to pick at a most prodigious bunion. He apparently eschewed washing his feet, and the odor soon permeated the entire bus. It was so bad that Larry failed to notice a sharp red Corvette that darted out from a side street. His bus slammed into the side of it and pushed it halfway down the block. There happened to be a policeman directing traffic at the next light. He ran up to Larry’s window and asked, “What in the world happened?”

Larry slowly shook his head and replied, “Two obese Patties, special Ross, Lester Sneed picking bunions on a Sesame Street bus.”

Sorry. :roll:
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Pleeeze, can someone decipher or translate the punchline to a totally lost frog? :boggle:
Maybe I'll even--poof--become a beatiful Prince...

OK-thanks, Steven!
But... BEAR IS THE WHIFF?
Last edited by Zubivka on Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Zubivka wrote:Image

Pleeeze, can someone decipher or translate the punchline to a totally lost frog? :boggle:
Maybe I'll even--poof--become a beatiful Prince...
Old McDonald's commercial for Big Macs -- "two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onion on a sesame seed bun" (all delivered in a rhythmic patter).
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Re: Chiffy Adventure

Post by Walden »

Walden wrote:Wait... where was I going with this story?
Oh, yeah.

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... 6&start=15
Reasonable person
Walden
hank123

Post by hank123 »

Wombat stole the only clean joke I used to know (page 1- the outrunning bears one). But now I know another. This one is for the professional philosophers on the board:
A whistling logician is sitting at a bar having a drink. A guy sits down next to him and asks what he does for a living.
"I'm a philosopher, a logician."
Other guy asks, "What's that?"
"I study logic, some informal stuff, but mostly deduction."
Other guy asks "What's deduction"
"Well, let me give you an example. Do you have an aquarium?"
"Well, yeah, I do have an aquarium."
"So I can conclude you like fish and water."
"Yeah, I do like fish and water."
"And if you like fish and water, then you like the ocean."
"Yeah, I just love the ocean."
"And if you love the ocean, then you love the beach."
"Right again there, this is amazing!"
"And if you love the beach, then you love taking walks on the beach with your girlfriend."
"Wow, you are right again."
"And if you have a girlfriend, then you are not a homosexual."
"Yup, you're right again. That's pretty impressive."
Philosopher leaves the bar. Another guy comes in and sits down next to the impressed guy. Asks what's new. Impressed guy says "you see that guy who just left, he was a logician."
"A logician, what's that?"
"Well, he studies logic. Let me give you an example. Do you have an aquarium?"
"No, I don't have an aquarium."
"Then you're a homosexual."
"when I spoke last I was standing in the cleft of your navel, but it is a bad country and I am there no longer..."
hank123

Post by hank123 »

Another, this one semi clean. I will use my own name for the punchline due to the fact that I have nobody else, but when telling the joke insert the full name of the MALE you are telling the joke to (doesn't work on females as you will find):

Three leprechauns are sitting in a pub in Dublin. One says, "Ah'm sick and tarred of being a nobody, I'm gonna be somebody."
"Well how r'ya gonna go and do that there Paddy, you're just a wee leprechaun?"
"Paddy says, "Well I been thenking- I'm a wee guy, and I got just about the wee smallest hands you ever done gone seen. I'm a goonna go down thar to those Guiness folk and get me hands registered as the wee smallest hands in the world ind be in that thar Guiness book."
His friends reply, "Och aye, that thar be a fine idea lad, lets have ourselves another cup o poteen and celebrate."
After a few minutes the second leprechaun says, "Well I'm tired of being a nobody meself. I wanna be in the book."
Paddy says, "Well how you gonna go and do that Sean? I already got the wee smallest hands."
Sean says, "I realize that Paddy, but see, I got the wee smallest feet."
They all agree that it's a grand idea and celebrate with another round.
Third leprechaun eventually says, "Well, if everyboody else is goonna do et, I wanna be in thar too. I know you already got the wee smallest hands and the wee smallest feet, but you know I got meself the wee smallest little pecker you know, I can be in that book too." To which Paddy and Sean both agree, "Yeah Seamus, you do got yerself a wee little pecker there." They have a few more drinks, then a few more.
Later that day they are walking back home and they come across the Guiness World record office. Paddy gets his courage and goes in. He's gone for about 15 minutes, the comes out grinning "It's official boys, I'm now in the book as having the wee smallest hands in creation." Sean goes in, comes back out after 15 minutes in jubilation, "I'm in too Paddy, I got the wee smallest feet." Seamus goes in but doesn't come back out after 15 minutes. Another half hour goes by. The leprechauns are starting to worry about him. Eventually he comes out looking downtrodden and disgusted.
"Who the feck is this Hank123!"

edited to take out a few dialecticized f words; left the last one in as it is somewhat necessary for effect, sorry if it offends anyone pristine eyes/ears.
"when I spoke last I was standing in the cleft of your navel, but it is a bad country and I am there no longer..."
Jeferson

Post by Jeferson »

Why is it that you can tune a piano, you can tune many whistles, but you can't tuna fish?

Jef

PS I thought it was time to bring this thread up to the top. This contribution isn't quite up to snuff, though. I'll leave it up to the rest of you to raise the bar. :)
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Jeferson wrote:Why is it that you can tune a piano, you can tune many whistles, but you can't tuna fish?

Jef

PS I thought it was time to bring this thread up to the top. This contribution isn't quite up to snuff, though. I'll leave it up to the rest of you to raise the bar. :)
Feh. Totally incorrect, too.

I never salmon so many inaccuracies in such a short sentence.

Fish are actually wind instruments - haven't you ever heard of Blowfish? And your ignorance is no fluke, since you floundered on to clam that you can't tuna fish; totally incorrect, since it's possible to play extended scales on almost every variety.

Now, granted, octopus and squid aren't quite as musical as true fish - they're members of the bagpipe family. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jeferson

Post by Jeferson »

DCrom wrote:I never salmon so many inaccuracies in such a short sentence.
Ah, humour on another scale.

Jef
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

DaleWisely wrote:Stop me if you've heard this one.

A guy is sitting in his house playing the whistle.
OK, so STOP already!!!! :o
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
fancypiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

My favorite Limerick:

There was once a whistler from back in the sticks
Who wanted to learn to write Limericks, for kicks
But he failed at the sport
'Cause he wrote 'em too short

A bodhrán player was strolling down the river enjoying the scenery when he spied someone playing a Generation whistle on the other side. Thinking he would like to jam with the whistler since he had just bought his nice new bodhrán and wanted to learn how to play it.

"Hey Generation player," he shouted, "How do you get to the other side of the river?"

The whistle player shouted back, "Duh! You are on the other side of the river!"

Q. What do whistle players use for birth control?
A. Their personality!