Tell us why you're happy! :)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
atarango
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by atarango »

Despite the ice storm going on (I mean its april and more snow is expected on monday!) I am happy because I have a clean room (I spent the day really cleaning it) and two new whistles to play with ( hoover whitecap and elfsong D)!
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

What comes to mind is:

"Happiness runs in a circular motion ... ."

There are times when I'm definitely not happy.

However, whatever is the source of my unhappiness ALWAYS eventually gets processed and incorporated into the fabric of the happiness that I experience when I'm at the top of the cycle.

For me, the whole package of joy and sorrow, gain and loss, pleasure and pain somehow fits together into something like one of the kinds of happiness I posted about further up this thread.

Specifically, it fits together in such a way that my life has MEANING that is soul satisfying.

And that makes me very happy.

Best wishes,
Jerry

P.S. And thanks, Adeiladwr, for this thread.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Jerry, I have a good friend, an older fellow, (he's about 69) who is a well-known fine artist by trade and an incredibly brilliant guy. He and his wife have had cancer for years and they keep beating it. If you saw them you would never know. Anyway, he has shared some of his knowledge with me over the years. One of the discussions we had was about human beings seeking spirituality. He says that we are in fact spiritual beings who are in the midst of having a human experience. He says that many of us spend our lives looking for spirituality when we should be simply being human. He says that the gift of human life is not to last forever and that we should spend our time living. He is not part of any church, but he is very religious and credits God for making him bring his paintings to the world. What made me think of it was when I read your post there about the entirety of your life experience fitting together, having meaning, and therefore being soul satisfying.

-Paul
Last edited by Paul on Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

I`m happy today because of the avatar that Zoob made for me. Isn`t it cool.

Tom

We are that which we seek.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Amen, Blackbeer.
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

:roll: Can you be happy and sad at the same time? :D :sniffle:

I am happy because I have been having a great time learning Pachebel's Canon in D on my dulcimer today. :D

I am sad at the same time because I have to quit playing to go to the barn to milk the cows now. :sniffle:

I am always cheerful though, wheither I am happy or sad. I must be a closet optimist :o

Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Hey Kathy I don`t know about you but my animals save my sanity. I have been living in such a deep dark hole for the last few weeks and then today first Zoob sends me this Avatar and it brought a smile to my heart, then I went out and threw a sadle on Molly Morgan and grabbed my dog Hank and we rode off to the mountains for the day and a huge weight was lifted from my very soul. I still can`t handle what is going on but I am refreshed and ready to deal with my feeling again. I find happiness comes and goes for me but when it comes it comes from my animals and from unexpected thoughtfulness from the people I have met right here. When I was working with draft horses I had 27 of the big magic guys that made my life worth living. And for 3 years I lived in a different world. Thanks again to the animals that I loved and trusted. You are so lucky. I wish you all the best.

Tom

We are that which we seek
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Tom,
Your right about animals lifting your spirit. But, I always complain about milking. I guess it's because we milk 2 times a day 7 days a week and for the most part, 365 days a year. This time of year we are birthing the calves and right now we have about 40 babies on milk so I have to mix up all of the milk and milk replacer and go into pens with 15 little buugs(That's what I call them) all trying to get to the buckets. It's really comical because my hubby carries the 5 gallon buckets into the pen and we both race to the huge barrel that we have hooked up with 15 nipples all the way around it and dump the milk in and then we have to pry the sucking little babies off our pantlegs and whatever else they have decided was anything near nipple looking and stick their nose near the nipples and then they go wild until they have the barrel empty. It is absolutely hysterical to watch. Sometimes I get hysterical too because they are each about 70 to 100lbs and they knock you all over the place trying to get to the milk. You'd think they were starving but they are the cutest, fattest little buugs you will ever see! We usually have 3 or 4 pens full of these by the time the calving is over. Last year we raised 67 heifer calves.

So I guess, I would say, I don't enjoy the responsibility that farming takes but I do have an affinity for the animals. We milk 120 Jersey cows.

Ha Ha, :lol: I love horses too, I use to have one about 29 years ago, but I have always had very bad luck with them. I won't get into all that right now but I can say it has always been a "GROUNDING" experience for me. :roll:

OOps, Sorry, I am showing my chattie again.

Cheers,
Kathy
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

:boggle: Been there done that Kathy but it was 40 years ago and I hadn`t thought about it in years. Thanks for stering up some great memories. I remember my toes took a beating.

Tom
Paul

Post by Paul »

I'm happy because of all the things I said in my original post to this thread.
:)
I'm sad because my wife (Cindy) is in San Fransisco right now and I'm here in Atlanta. :sniffle:

I'm happy because Cindy is taking a great sewing class from a renowned teacher there. (in San Fransisco) :)

I'm sad because I miss Cindy. :cry:

I'm happy because I'm going to san Fransisco on Thursday Nite! :) :D :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I guess I'm living a normal life! :D
Paul

Post by Paul »

chattiekathy wrote:Tom,
Your right about animals lifting your spirit. But, I always complain about milking. I guess it's because we milk 2 times a day 7 days a week and for the most part, 365 days a year. This time of year we are birthing the calves and right now we have about 40 babies on milk so I have to mix up all of the milk and milk replacer and go into pens with 15 little buugs(That's what I call them) all trying to get to the buckets. It's really comical because my hubby carries the 5 gallon buckets into the pen and we both race to the huge barrel that we have hooked up with 15 nipples all the way around it and dump the milk in and then we have to pry the sucking little babies off our pantlegs and whatever else they have decided was anything near nipple looking and stick their nose near the nipples and then they go wild until they have the barrel empty. It is absolutely hysterical to watch. Sometimes I get hysterical too because they are each about 70 to 100lbs and they knock you all over the place trying to get to the milk. You'd think they were starving but they are the cutest, fattest little buugs you will ever see! We usually have 3 or 4 pens full of these by the time the calving is over. Last year we raised 67 heifer calves.

So I guess, I would say, I don't enjoy the responsibility that farming takes but I do have an affinity for the animals. We milk 120 Jersey cows.

Ha Ha, :lol: I love horses too, I use to have one about 29 years ago, but I have always had very bad luck with them. I won't get into all that right now but I can say it has always been a "GROUNDING" experience for me. :roll:

OOps, Sorry, I am showing my chattie again.

Cheers,
Kathy
Oh my...

I thought we had our hands full with a couple of cats. :)
serpent

Happiness is...

Post by serpent »

An Alba low D when you want to play "On Castle Rock"
A Busman ebony high D when you want to play "The Kesh Jig"
An Elfsong Coppertone high D when you want to play " Bonny Doon"
An Alba SE high D when you want to play some Kwela!
A Serpent in any key, any size, anytime, any tune!
( is that five already? ) :D
serpent
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

I`m happy today because I wheeled my old BSA Victor out of winter storage and cleaned her up and she started on the first kick without breaking my leg or sending me into orbit. Gota love those old thumpers
:D

Tom
brianormond

Post by brianormond »

Glad your torquey Victor kicked over so easy, Blackbeer. I'm happy my sister was driving instead of me when we were pulled over by the Arizona State Patrol last week. She faces a fine and record points, or a defensive driving course and fine without points.
She's newly retired, and must have let that liberated feeling transmit right through to the gas pedal. Whoosh! Look out for Sis! She's going with the force.
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I'm happy because as of the 20th of last month, I no longer live in a ghetto. Yeeeeessssssssss!!!!!!!!