Tell us why you're happy! :)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
adeiladwr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

My 5 for the day

Post by adeiladwr »

Peanut butter toast, hot and melty made with 12-grain bread and Smucker's Natural, Chunk Style

Hot spiced cider for breakfast drink

My kitty with cancer found her way back in after running out into the woods on the coldest night this month

My big feral male (fixed) decided to sleep outside last night instead of at the foot of the bed, clawing my legs every time he turned over.

I made it all the way through "The Kesh" jig without screwing it up!

Life is good! :)
ad
rbm

Post by rbm »

Happy ? ....... everyday is just a joy! When I wake as the cat lauches itself across the room to land on you in bed, the children running around like mad things (where do they get all the energy from?) the young lambs jumping about like they have springs on there feet. The Drive to work through the national park, past tarns through woods and under mountains.

You just have to be happy, oh yes my new alba just arrived and Paul tells me my coocobolo Busman's nearly finished, what more could I wish for? Happieness is just away of looking at things and it helps to blank over the chemo' , rad treatment and the other thinks that could spoil your day and drag you down into the dumps.

Even better it's a session in the Cavendish Arms tonight.
"It's at times like this I wish I'd listened to what my mother said."
"Why? what did she say?"
"Don't know - I didn't listen!"
Snuh

Post by Snuh »

I'm almost done my first year of university and I don't think I'm going to fail anything. ;)

I have an appartment for next year with my two best friends.

On Sunday I finally got to see Ashley MacIsaac live! What a great show that was! (He's a fiddle player from Cape Breton in case anyone didn't know).

I finally managed to find a Sweetone at a local music shop (which, incidentally, is right around the corner from my appartment next year).

Most importantly of all, a short while ago a 5-foot-nothing, green eyed lass walked in to my life and refused to leave. :) We've been together for one month today.

A.J.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Why am I happy?

I can play music.

I live in the country on a farm.

The cow that was out of her field and in the road this a.m
calmly walked back through the gate so I was not late to work.

I have one daughter who is now a great adult.

I have another daughter who is still counted as an addict in recovery.

She and her husband will be presenting me with my first grandchild within the next few weeks.

I have this community.

I have dogs and one is a Skye.

I have a wonderful husband .

I still have my mother with me.

I can play the organ at church.

I have the love of my Lord.

:D
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

One hen.

Two ducks.

Three squawking geese.

Four limerick oysters.

Five corpulent porpoises.

Six pairs of Don Alveezo's Tweezers.

Seven thousand Macedonian warriors in full battle array.

Eight brass monkeys from the ancient, sacred crypts of Egypt.

Nine apathetic, sympathetic, diabetic old men on roller skates with a marked propensity towards procrastination and sloth.

Ten lyrical, spherical, diabolical denizens of the deep who all hold stall around the corner of the quiver of the quay all at the same time.
madfifer9

Post by madfifer9 »

Hey Martin,

How was that Vanilla Coke? Inquiring minds want to know if you liked it after all the hype and expectation.

Er, to keep it on topic, was it a thing that made you happy?

madfifer9
When whistles are outlawed, only outlaws will have whistles!
lilymaid

Post by lilymaid »

Grace.

The sun always sets and rises just the same no matter what else happens.

Life is endlessly interesting and I’m always running into things I didn’t know.

Everything is also endlessly gorgeous.

I have all sorts of beautiful things, just because they're beautiful. Pretty shawls with lots of fringe, brightly coloured skirts, beautifully coloured thread for embroidering, glass beads, paints, brushes, antique books, bits of pretty cloth, music, and whistles, of course. :) In a world where many people don't have necessary things, the luxury of having things for the sheer joy of beauty is amazing. I think we tend to forget that.
Catch from the board of beauty
Such careless crumbs as fall.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Removed the side wheels from Sacha's bicycle, and he caught the trick and balanced at once.

He's happy. And why shouldn't I be ?

Just maker a higher fence to the garden
duck-tape the Warty Vee
so I won't see nor count
the Riders of the Apocalypse

Forget the Crusade,
the plague from China,
the righteous bigots,
the cultural decadence,
and world famine organization

And I don't think we're back in Middle Ages

and be a Happy April Fool :D
rbm

Post by rbm »

Sat in work this morning and rembered something from a couple of years back that made me smile ....... so here it is.

you have to picture yourself in the right place....

a very hot day sat on the pure white sand (ok greyish grit) of a beach on the greek island of samos, the sun is high in the sky and beating down on your head, but it's ok you've got a bush hat on.

anyway I was sat on that beach playing some nice slow relaxing airs on a homemade copperpipe low D, as I sat at the end of the beach with my back against a large rock watching the small blue and white fishing boats just off shore, I began to pick up the pace, breaking out in to a sweat as I passed through the reels and into the jigs. Finally collapsing in a resounding crash of wrong notes to a warm round of applause from behind me.

I turn behold an astounding.... NAY.... shocking sight of about 15 naked people of various ages clapping!!!!!

It turned out that the next cove was a naturists beach!

A deffinate eye opener :D
Richard.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I just found out that my Grinter, which was with Michael for repair, is on its way back to me. 8)

It's supposed to be 75F (25C) today -- the Orioles game was postponed due to snow two days ago.

Crocuses are in full bloom, daffs and hyacinths are getting ready.

See .sig.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Springtime in Wyoming. The sun is hitting the snowcaps at 5:45. The grass is trying really hard (and not quite succeeding, yet) to green up. I am awakened every morning by a meadowlark.

Ahhhh. Isn't life grand?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Mubu stopped coughing up hairballs and her yearly spring skin allergy is clearing up. She's looking less mangy now; cute, even. And I successfully exorcised the Snuggle demon from my pile of undone laundry. It was starting to move about... :o
Paul

Post by Paul »

My lovely wife always makes me happy. She is building a home-based sewing design/teaching business. I am very proud of her.

WhOA is temporarily sated due to recent arrival of a Hoover Narrow D (thanks, Mack!) :)

Buisiness is pretty good lately

Our cats make me happy They are really great to have around.

My dad is getting better after a 5 month ordeal (2 surgeries) He'll have a full recovery :)

-Paul
Last edited by Paul on Fri May 09, 2003 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Paul,

I love that picture. It makes me think back to Skye puppies years ago.

Remember that unless you really know dogs, you do not want the puppy that holds back , is not friendly, acts pitiful or fearful..... they can be fear biters and problem dogs unless the owner knows how to handle such a pup.

and, you don't want the puppy that is too rowdy, very pushy and rude..... they are usually very smart and definately will rule the house unless the owner is smarter and more dominate than such a pup.

the average dog owner needs a pup that is somewhere in between these extremes.

A good test of temperment is to pick up a pup and roll it on it's back, cradling it in your arms like a baby. A puppy that puts up a bit of struggle and then relaxes is great for the average owner. One that fights it tooth and nail...... needs an owner that knows dogs.

Also, I hope the puppy will be at least 8 wks old before you get it. They need time to learn mom's lessons about being a dog. Also remember that pups are most impressionable up until 12-16 weeks. Things that happen then greatly affect their outlook on life and the world. Be sure they are exposed to everything you can think of , take the puppy out into the world and be sure it has positive experiences. That way they learn to handle new things in a calm inquisitive manner.

There use to be an excellent book named "Superpuppy" that was a great tool for new puppy people. If you can find this little paperback you will be getting good advice.

Sorry for the lesson in pups if you are already dogwise. It's just that the more prospective owners can do in the formative years that are positive increases the odds that the new puppy will be a well balanced and behaved member of the family.

And, congratulations, a new puppy :( I miss puppies.....the puppy cries, puppy breath, heck even puppy poop!
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Paul

Post by Paul »

-paul
Last edited by Paul on Fri May 09, 2003 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.