Patrick Olwell documentary finished!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Patrick Olwell documentary finished!

Post by Steampacket »

Can't wait to see this documentary - I'm deep into vintage Les Paul guitars just now but shall order this evening - seems like the film is a success :thumbsup:
Marvelle
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I enjoy traditional folk music and try to play it. I have a number of whistles, and also a Warbl for quiet practice.

Post by Marvelle »

Just watched this marvelous film. What a joy! I'm so glad I ordered the DVD - I'm sure I'll watch it many times more. Congrats to all involved.
jemmoore

Post by jemmoore »

thanks again for the kind words, the response to the film has been amazing all around and it's been quite exciting. We're having our last 'all-in' screening tonight in Charlottesville, VA at the C'Ville coffeehouse at 7pm, with myself, Blayne, Patrick and Aaron all there to answer questions and play tunes afterwards. It's been quite the journey all around, and hopefully not ending here. We've submitted the film to over a dozen film festivals so far, and we're hoping it will make it in somewhere out there. Stay tuned for more news, including the launch of the website for the film, www.thekeymastermovie.com, where there will be featured all the BTS videos, purchase options, and maybe some cool extras like full clips of your favourite flute players from the movie playing awesome tunes.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

If yesterday's showing wasn't well attended, I can tell you why. The venue had the showing as happening on Tuesday the 12th. Having received Jem's email saying the 16th, and being in Charlottesville yesterday, I was hoping the 12th was a mistake, so I called. They said the only thing going on there yesterday was "Irish dinner." I asked, no movie? No. No music? No. So I didn't go, and now I'm totally cheesed off.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
monkeymonk

Post by monkeymonk »

Oddly, your documentary arrived around the same time as my flute from Patric's shop. I thought that was funny so i did a comparison:

Wait time:
Although i did get on Patrick's waiting list about a year ago his flute did arrive about 1 week before your DVD did. That's just an observation.

Playability:
Even with everything that i have heard and experienced from Patrick's flutes as far as playability goes i have to admit that your DVD is easier to play than the flute. However, playing Patrick's flute makes me look cool and playing your DVD makes you look cool so I'm gonna have to vote for the flute on playability.

Really, a great documentary Jem. I'll play it again and again but not as many times as the flute.

Bob
Blayne Chastain

Post by Blayne Chastain »

Ah Charlie!!! So sorry to hear!!!

We did have a great turnout though and nice tunes afterwards. Thanks to all that were able to make it.
jemmoore

Post by jemmoore »

Well, we did it, premiered in Colorado and Virginia to packed houses and rave reviews. Now we have a new website for ordering DVDs and Blu-Rays and HD Downloads, as well as a hub to check out all the BTS videos, trailers, and special features we've put together for the film. You can see all of it at:

http://www.thekeymastermovie.com

And then drop by our Facebook page, give us a like, and find out the latest news. We'll be posting a short video from the premiers soon, so stay tuned!

https://www.facebook.com/TheKeymasterPa ... wellsStory
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

you need to do out-takes and bloopers on the websites, Jem. ;)
(and I say this at great personal risk!)
jemmoore

Post by jemmoore »

Okay, I'll put bloopers and outtakes up, just remember you asked for it :)
Kirk B
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Kirk B »

[Thread revival - Mod]

Digging up an old thread here but I just purchased this film from a site called Videolla which told me I was purchasing a HD download version of the movie. Has anyone successfully downloaded the film from this site, and if so how? After purchasing through Paypal, I'm given the option to watch it on the Videolla site but there's no download link anywhere that I can see.

I want to put the video file on my external hard drive so I can watch it on my HDTV.

TIA for any advice,

Kirk
csoroz
Tell us something.: Inventory:
Pat Olwell Pratten keyless in D blackwood
Eamonn Cotter 6-key in D blackwood
M&E 6-key in D ebonite
Gilles Lehart keyless in Bb blackwood
Sam Murray keyless in D blackwood (2016)

Post by csoroz »

When you login to Videolla you have a button that allows to download:
Kirk B
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Kirk B »

I was afraid that would be the case. I bought the video before I became a member. Then when I couldn't download it, I became a member to see if that would let me download it. The site doesn't appear to be smart enough to know that I already bought it so that button isn't showing up for me.

I've emailed the support folks at Videolla so hopefully I'l get this resolved soon.

Thanks,

Kirk
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

I just watched the trailer....it looks like Patrick is playing the flute for that demo....judging by the end shot...if that is him playing, he's one hell of a flute player! Sounds like Seamus Egan to me....Anyone know who the flute player is? Thanks!
csoroz
Tell us something.: Inventory:
Pat Olwell Pratten keyless in D blackwood
Eamonn Cotter 6-key in D blackwood
M&E 6-key in D ebonite
Gilles Lehart keyless in Bb blackwood
Sam Murray keyless in D blackwood (2016)

Post by csoroz »

whistle1000 wrote:I just watched the trailer....it looks like Patrick is playing the flute for that demo....judging by the end shot...if that is him playing, he's one hell of a flute player! Sounds like Seamus Egan to me....Anyone know who the flute player is? Thanks!
I suppose you are referring to this teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nwyTbD_Pn8 (http://vimeo.com/58361380)
The background flute music in this video is Seamus Egan's playing.

You can hear Patrick himself in the last 40" of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJXA35qadek
And maybe at the beginning of this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPOpiGsJ_G4
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

Thank you csoroz! Yes, I was referring to the first video. I was pretty sure that was Seamus Egan. Pretty few players play like that. Jeez, he can handle the flute. Everything else for that matter! Thanks for the other links as well!