So, what does your screen name mean?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
hillfolk22
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by hillfolk22 »

I like folk music and I live on top of a hill.

Laura
Blessed be the one who retains a childlike heart, for they shall stay young forever.
chattiekathy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Well, I'm sorry to do this to all of you but you asked for it. It means just what it says, when I was in grade school, that Chatty Kathy doll came out and the teachers would call me that because I would always gab and giggle during class and then it just kind of stuck and well, I guess I kind of deserved it because I would talk and talk and talk and just go on and on and on and even when I didn't have anything to say I would think and think and think until I could find something to add to any conversation and when I am somewhere that I don't know the people, I will talk to them and by the time I leave, I know their life story and they know mine. Well, enough said I guess you all get what I mean and one other thing, I usually have the last word too, even if it is to say goodbye 2 times just to get the last word in. :roll: Oh there was this one time when I emailed a person on this forum, and she replied, "my, you are chatty aren't you?". :D So see, I deserve the title. But there must be alot of other Kathy's that are chatty because I had to add the number 150 to my email name and spell the chatty wrong just to get my moniker. Jeeze, what a girl has to go through just to say something! OK, now I will shut up and say good bye again! See 2 times! I just don't know what it is. My goodbyes are always a long drawn out thing. Sorry, Goodbye. Oh not again! :o

chattiekathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Oh and I forgot to say what a great thread this is. I wondered where some people had gotten their names from. Great stuff!!! :D

Yack, Yack, Yack,Yack, gab, gab, gab, gab, blaa, blaa, blaa, etc. etc. etc........... Goodbye, Goodbye, :boggle:

Cheers,
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

:lol:
fatveg

Post by fatveg »

I'm a vegetarian and overweight.

(hoping this one doesn't get modded)
<i>"Music is more like water than a rinoceros. It doesn't chase madly down one path. It runs away in every direction" - E. Costello</i>
Aodhan

Post by Aodhan »

Bagfed wrote:I take my lunch to work in a paper sack..... :roll:
Huh. And here I thought it was a clever takeoff on the notes in a scale (Well, missing the 'C', anyway).

Dunno if I've posted mine yet or not...

Aodhan Cathair de Briona is my faire characters name. If I remember right... Aodhan is Battle Lord, Cathair is 'Son of Fire', so it loosely translates as 'Fiery Battle Lord from/of Briona'.

Aodhan
bywater_whistler

Post by bywater_whistler »

"Bywater" is a place in Hobbiton (It's a Lord of the Rings thing) and "Whistler" Well duh. Wallah!
LimuHead
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

How's it pronounced?

Post by LimuHead »

Aodhan wrote:
Aodhan Cathair de Briona is my faire characters name. If I remember right... Aodhan is Battle Lord, Cathair is 'Son of Fire', so it loosely translates as 'Fiery Battle Lord from/of Briona'.

Aodhan

Hey Aodhan,

How do you pronounce your screen name?

Just curious... :roll:
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

chattiekathy wrote:Well, I'm sorry to do this to all of you but you asked for it. It means just what it says, when I was in grade school, that Chatty Kathy doll came out and the teachers would call me that because I would always gab and giggle during class and then it just kind of stuck and well, I guess I kind of deserved it because I would talk and talk and talk and just go on and on and on and even when I didn't have anything to say I would think and think and think until I could find something to add to any conversation and when I am somewhere that I don't know the people, I will talk to them and by the time I leave, I know their life story and they know mine. Well, enough said I guess you all get what I mean and one other thing, I usually have the last word too, even if it is to say goodbye 2 times just to get the last word in. :roll: Oh there was this one time when I emailed a person on this forum, and she replied, "my, you are chatty aren't you?". :D So see, I deserve the title. But there must be alot of other Kathy's that are chatty because I had to add the number 150 to my email name and spell the chatty wrong just to get my moniker. Jeeze, what a girl has to go through just to say something! OK, now I will shut up and say good bye again! See 2 times! I just don't know what it is. My goodbyes are always a long drawn out thing. Sorry, Goodbye. Oh not again! :o

ROFL! :lol:
/Bloomfield
Elerossë

Post by Elerossë »

Little John
I also love your avatar. I seriously considered using the same pic and photoshopping my Low D into his hands.

You should do that! It would be interesting to see! "You have my sword." "And my axe." "And my whistle!"

Isilwen

Very cool, Elerossë. How did you translate it?

My new siggy has the first two lines from the Namárië ballad:
Isilwen, I found a website with Lord of the Rings poems that were translated into both forms of Elvish. Another good place to get things translated is at [url=http://www.tolkienonline.com/url]
in the language forums.

Kaitlin
I Râd ui-renia lim a lim
dad od annon ial heriant.
Si palan-'wenniel nâ Râd,
a boe anim bo den padad,
aphadol den na-dail verai,
na-den ten ertha râd annaer
ias raith a lynd lim gevedir.
A na-man hi? Ú-bedithon.
Aodhan

Re: How's it pronounced?

Post by Aodhan »

LimuHead wrote:
Aodhan wrote:

Aodhan

Hey Aodhan,

How do you pronounce your screen name?

Just curious... :roll:
I used to think it was pronounced Ay oh dawn, but someone who knows the language tells me it's Ayahn (Kind of like Ian, but the first is pronounced AY instead of I). The second is pronounced Kay Heer.

Aodhan
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

burnsbyrne wrote: My screen name comes from my grandparents. Maternal grandmother's family name was Byrne. Paternal grandfather's was also Byrne but he changed it to Burns after he emmigrated, I don't know why. Don't worry, I'm not inbred, my grandmother's Byrnes arrived in Ontario from Sligo in mid 1800s. Grandfater came from Dublin in 1910s.
Mike
Hey Mike,
That sounds very familiar. My paternal grandmother's maiden name was Johnson. When she married my grandfather and took his name, she became a Johnston. When my father was born, they wanted to honor her maiden name so they gave my father a middle name of Johnson to go with his last name of Johnston. :roll:

Since my parents named me Mike (well Michael) and my last name is Johnston, it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where my user name came from. :)