Cape Breton tune site

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
gonzo914
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Cape Breton tune site

Post by gonzo914 »

I was rooting around in the basement of the internet last night, trying to find a free copy of a tune in the Skye Collection, and I found this site with about 250 Cape Breton tunes. I don't think it has been posted here.

http://www4.ncsu.edu/unity/users/p/pfackler/www/Music/

It has both a text file with abc notation and a whacking huge .pdf file with all 250 plus tunes. The .pdf file was taking forever forever over a crappy dial-up connection, so I gave up on it and just found what I was looking for in the abc file and pasted it into the Concertina.net ABC Convert-A-Matic to get jpeg and midi files.

There are a lot of Natalie and Buddy MacMaster tunes transcribed from their recordings.

If this has been posted before, please accept my apologies for the tedious repetition, but I did a search and am pretty sure it hasn't been.
AaronMalcomb
antispam: No

Post by AaronMalcomb »

That is awesome! Thanks for posting it. A lot of crossovers for me from playing GHB.
Cheers,
Aaron
DaveAuty
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play the whistle, I used to play flute but have Dupuytren's contracture so can only play whistle now which is fine. Mostly play sessions around Canterbury Kent area.

Post by DaveAuty »

Brilliant!! I love this music, thanks.
:party:
Dave.
rbm

Post by rbm »

Thanks for posting it's a great link.
the pdf file is A1 worth the wait.

Richard.
Heather21

Post by Heather21 »

Thanks a lot! I've been searching all over the net for a page like this!! You've just made my day!!!

Take Care!
Heather
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Wow. Paul Fackler comes to the Twin Cities on and off, and he's a great fiddler to have at a session. Bright 'n' bouncy style, clean, w/ a great personality to boot. This man is all about the music. :thumbsup:

I shouldn't have been surprised that he'd have a website as his particular love of Cape Breton music is no secret.
carrie

Post by carrie »

Great site! Thanks! I enjoyed reading through Fackler's original tunes as well.

Carol