COPELAND LOW 'D' s ARE GO!!!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
kevin m.
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

COPELAND LOW 'D' s ARE GO!!!

Post by kevin m. »

My Copeland Low D which I've been waiting for with bated breath(yes I'm turning blue!) since Dec. 15th 2002 (so who's counting?) FINALLY ARRIVED TODAY!! :party: :party: :party: What a beautiful,shiney thing it is :D ! I've so far just been running a few scales- straight from that lovely rich,'flutey' bottom D to top B ,checking the tuning and playing a few snatches of tunes,trying to get acquainted.First impressions suggest that this is certainly a real 'professional' instrument with lots and lots of potential which I have yet to uncover.Well worth waiting for-delivery time is spot on the 3 month estimate,bar a slight delay caused by the British postal service.I'm certainly WELL PLEASED with my latest acquisition!(YEAH!! :D ). :party: :party: :party: I think you get the picture by now!
"I blame it on those Lead Fipples y'know."
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

The best low Ds in the solar system, IMHO.
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Agreed 100%!

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

jim stone wrote:The best low Ds in the solar system, IMHO.
*cough*

;)
/Bloomfield
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Try playing it in the bathroom. It will practically take your breath away when it starts reverberating back at you.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

jim stone wrote:The best low Ds in the solar system, IMHO.
Mine too.
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

I deg to biffer.
/Bloomfield
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I have an Overton low D that I love, and a Burke...but the best I have ever played, and I'm still kicking myself for selling it to Doc who sold it to Avanutria, was the Copeland.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

I sent an e-mail last night to Rachel Rementer,to say that the whistle had arrived in one piece and how thrilled I was to finally own a Copeland.I've had a further practice session just now,and I'm impressed! I must admit that in my impatience,I didn't allow the whistle to warm up and I had a bit of clogging initially(mind you I was drooling a bit!- is it a fullmoon tonight? :lol: ).After the whistle was warmed through,we were away.The tone is very rich,but what is very impressive is the 'balance' between the octaves- Richard MacEachain mentioned this to me in an e-mail,and he's absolutely correct.This instrument really is a superb bit of work and Michael Copeland deserves to be congratulated for producing it. :D
MacEachain

Post by MacEachain »

:oops: Hi Kevin,
Like I said, it's very hard to describe but when you play it you know!!
You may find that Cn is a bit funny untill the whistle warms up, I can sort of get around it by playing oxx xoo untill its warmed up.

Cheers, Mac
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

Hiya Mac, Yeah-I thought I had problems with Cn last night,but I tried it against a tuner and adjusted the slide slightly and it was fine. :)
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

After awhile you can play it
really fast. By the way, susato thumb
rests work, the smaller ones, I believe,
in case you find that useful.
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

blackhawk wrote:I have an Overton low D that I love, and a Burke...but the best I have ever played, and I'm still kicking myself for selling it to Doc who sold it to Avanutria, was the Copeland.
So THAT's the history of Beth's Copeland! Got to try it out when she was here. Sweet whistle! I want to save up and buy one of my own now someday. Course, I have yet to try an Overton....

Copeland=One Incredible Whistle

:)
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Sunnywindo wrote: So THAT's the history of Beth's Copeland! Got to try it out when she was here. Sweet whistle! I want to save up and buy one of my own now someday. Course, I have yet to try an Overton....

Copeland=One Incredible Whistle[/color]

:)
Every home needs one of each. But if you have to choose, choose Copeland. Not in any other key I've tried though, although they are still good whistles. But those low Ds are just magical. For other low whistle keys: Overton, Burke and Grinter
rossmpfc13

Post by rossmpfc13 »

Bloomfield wrote:I deg to biffer.
dude it's all about your personal preferance.

...I got to play Seamus Egan's...I'll bet no one here has done that!
-Ross