So, what does your screen name mean?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Chuck_Clark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Gee, I'm not sure. I guess you could ask my folks....
ihc_ssii

Post by ihc_ssii »

Okay, if the truth must be told, my screen name comes from the greatest motor vehicle ever created....the International Scout II. IHC stands for International Harverster Corporation (they make schoolbuses and big rigs under the name of Navistar now), and the SSII stands for Super Scout II, which is a modified version of the Scout II. I'll try to insert a pic...[/img]
carrie

Post by carrie »

Well....

c stands for the note that I use a thumb hole for on my whistles

ski is of course-ski the suffix Weekenders adds to everything-ski

nn stands for the Nucleon-Nucleon Interaction, reflecting my little hobby in nuclear physics

--and--

er is the symbol for my favorite element, erbium.

Carol Skinner
WyoBadger
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

ihc_ssii wrote:Okay, if the truth must be told, my screen name comes from the greatest motor vehicle ever created....the International Scout II. IHC stands for International Harverster Corporation (they make schoolbuses and big rigs under the name of Navistar now), and the SSII stands for Super Scout II, which is a modified version of the Scout II. I'll try to insert a pic...[/img]
Scouts! What a great vehicle--could climb trees in four low, and nigh indestructable as I remember. It had style, too. Almost as cool as the old Toyota land cruisers (before they went big time and became transport for eco-yuppies).

I grew up riding around the badlands and mountains beside my dad, first in a landcruiser, and then in a Scout--that thing could go just about anywhere! Death on wheels to find parts for, though...

T
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

My first post was at a time when I was having some major clogging problems with my whistles. Need I say more?

Robin
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

My first name is Babooska but Tony just sounds better...
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

cskinner wrote:Well....

c stands for the note that I use a thumb hole for on my whistles

ski is of course-ski the suffix Weekenders adds to everything-ski

nn stands for the Nucleon-Nucleon Interaction, reflecting my little hobby in nuclear physics

--and--

er is the symbol for my favorite element, erbium.

Carol Skinner
LOL! :D

The short version is that I got my nick from Jenny Mayweather. Nobody wants to hear the long version again...
/Bloomfield
Paul

Post by Paul »

My screen name is my father's name.

Cheers,
Paul, Jr. :D
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Well, every time I went to visit Mr. Roarke this little guy in a white suit would start hopping around screaming "Boss! De Crom, de Crom!!!" . . .

:wink:

Dana
lilymaid

Post by lilymaid »

I adore Arthurian legend, and I’ve always had an affinity for Elaine of Astolat, since I read “The Lady of Shallot” as a child.
Catch from the board of beauty
Such careless crumbs as fall.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

Robin Williamson wrote of the ancient Irish, "Their word for it was feadan (modern Gaelic feadog) and feadanaigh, or whistle players are mentioned in the earliest Irish laws as being amongst those who played at fairs, games and gatherings". Feadan was also a brand of whistle made in Ireland many years ago.

Cheers,
David de la Barre
Jack

Post by Jack »

edit
Last edited by Jack on Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Speaking as one for whom God created calculators, I can't pretend to any meaning in my moniker; it came to me while letting a screen-name composer engine do the work --nice, with usually surreal results, but somehow unsatisfying. Then: Eureka! From the swampy murk of my wetware it arose, and its absurdity was just the ticket.

I envisioned some kind of hypospatial geometry...a nanohedron being a bombastic term for a point, as it were. And the point? There is none, but in theory. 8)

BTW, is anyone noticing a substantial slowdown on ths page, or is it just me and my neolithic dialup connection?

N
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

I wanted another one, so Cranberry was the obvious choice, because, it just was.
And I thought it meant you were from Cape Cod too.... :lol:

Cheers,
David :wink:
Celtoid

Post by Celtoid »

Well, let's see...Celtoid would represent someone who is Celtic in the way that a spheroid approaches being a circle. Nearly half my genes are Bretton French via Canada, and many Irish, Scots and Welsh got mixed up with the English on my mother's side...so Celtoid (sound better than Heinz 57 variety) :)