OT : Spring has Sprung!!!!!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
madguy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

OT : Spring has Sprung!!!!!

Post by madguy »

Lost in all that's been happening the past 30 plus hours, Spring finally arrived at 8:00 o'clock last night. After the dreadful winter many of us suffered through, nature's rebirth is certainly a welcome thing. Makes me want to kick up my heels and sing..... if only I could carry a tune. :lol:

~Larry
aderyn_du
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by aderyn_du »

And at 8:04 the kids and I balanced an egg on its end with no support! :) I love Spring!!

Best,
Andrea

(Please don't take away the wonder of the egg-balancing by going into the whole naysaying thing... I prefer to live in a world of magic. :-D)
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Thanks be to God.

What a winter indeed. But all's well again. I walked out this morning after several warm days and a night of rain, looked around and thought, "I've gotten taller!" (Nay, lad. 'Twas the snow had gotten shorter.)

Best wishes,
Jerry
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

aderyn wrote: (Please don't take away the wonder of the egg-balancing by going into the whole naysaying thing... I prefer to live in a world of magic. :-D)
Well, you know what Einstein said, "There are only two ways to live life, one as though nothing is a miracle, the other as though everything is a miracle."

I saw crocuses for the first time this past weekend. (The first sign of spring -- we have robins year 'round.) The leaves of the daffodils are just popping through -- this is 1-2 months late, but that makes it that much sweeter.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

I have a pair of robins nesting in my garden, about twenty feet from the kitchen window - nearly got a wren too, but I think it went next door.

Every spring a host of golden daffodils pop up round the base of my apple tree - I never planted, they just keep coming back every year for the last ten years, feeding on the bodies of my deceased hamsters.

We've just had the hottest day of the year so far at 16 celsius in London - bliss to feel the warmth of the sun on my bones again! :party:
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Re: OT : Spring has Sprung!!!!!

Post by Walden »

madguy wrote:Lost in all that's been happening the past 30 plus hours, Spring finally arrived at 8:00 o'clock last night.
Yep, at least in the temperate regions of the Northern Hemisphere. Soon enough we can quit worrying about icy weather, and begin thinking about tornadoes, flooding, and hail. I hope there're no tornadoes, flooding, or hail.
Reasonable person
Walden
Steven

Post by Steven »

I saw the first proper sign of spring earlier this week. I was driving home from work and turned onto my street (a dead end, so very little traffic), and there were two little kids from the neighborhood out riding their bikes in the street!

:-)
Steven
french

Post by french »

we're in for a lovely weekend on the dutch/german border. i plan to get out and clean up the garden with temperatures around 15-17° C.

- tom
claudine
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

It has been a lovely day indeed. Let us be merry and sing a song of joy.
markv

Re: OT : Spring has Sprung!!!!!

Post by markv »

Walden wrote:
madguy wrote:Lost in all that's been happening the past 30 plus hours, Spring finally arrived at 8:00 o'clock last night.
Yep, at least in the temperate regions of the Northern Hemisphere. Soon enough we can quit worrying about icy weather, and begin thinking about tornadoes, flooding, and hail. I hope there're no tornadoes, flooding, or hail.
Ahh tornado season. Better start cleaning up the basement. They did a 25? year study on where tornados are the most common in "tornado alley" and the hot spot was about 80 miles from my house! I would have thought it would have been down in your neck of the woods Walden.

Oh and thanks Claudine. We really need that in every thread.

Mark V.
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

While the good folks of Denver would no doubt dispute the onset of Spring, I gotta admit that the last week has been downright heavenly after the last three months. Twelve days ago we were staring at frozen snowdrifts - now there's robins everywhere and everything's sudden;y green.
jim_mc
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

I saw my lawn today!

And it did seem like a miracle...
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
livethe question

Post by livethe question »

claudine

might we identify pieces of this thread as both perspective and hope?
Peace

Namasté

jim
french

Post by french »

Chuck_Clark wrote:While the good folks of Denver would no doubt dispute the onset of Spring, I gotta admit that the last week has been downright heavenly after the last three months. Twelve days ago we were staring at frozen snowdrifts - now there's robins everywhere and everything's sudden;y green.
my dad (at 84) lives in boulder (not far from denver) and plays golf 2-3 times a week 49-51 weeks a year.

from what i hear, the good folks of denver now welcome any snow they can get as the offset of drought, so to speak. it will get hot and dry there soon enough.

cheers!

- tom

- tom
lilymaid

Post by lilymaid »

french wrote:from what i hear, the good folks of denver now welcome any snow they can get as the offset of drought, so to speak. it will get hot and dry there soon enough.
Nonetheless, being snowed into your house three days is not fun for anyone. :)
Catch from the board of beauty
Such careless crumbs as fall.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay