OT My Appologies...and the fights that ensued.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

Have you had enough?

Yes, let's all lick our wounds.
17%
No, this is a constructive debate.
17%
I was just getting started.
13%
I'm ashamed of you people.
38%
It seems so insignificant now.
17%

Total votes: 24

Bagfed
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Bagfed »

Azalin,
If you want to talk issues, let's have it, I'd like to trounce you again. 8)
Life is good. Hard, but good.
Azalin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

Well, talking issues with you is the last thing I'd do, because while the lives of many innocent people will soon be taken, all you're doin' is having fun at the French, french language, or anything that your limited mind just can't comprehend.

Bottom of the Lake eh? We'd be fortunate if you were.
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

Azalin wrote:Bottom of the Lake eh? We'd be fortunate if you were.
Control yourself, Az. I hope that you'll consider apologizing for this truly evil statement.
Bagfed wrote:Jerk.
Bagfed, live up to your calling. See Matthew 5 if you don't know what I mean.

Feeling like a cop,
Erik
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Wow Az, are all you pacifict types so vicious and mean spirited?
claudine
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

tinuviel wrote: Having sent 6 million Jews to the ovens (apologies to any holocaust deniers out there), the Euros seem to think they have no responsibility for the mess in Israel/Palestine ...
So that's your simplified vision of the holocaust. Now I would like to read your explanation of the heroic deeds of the "Amis": the genocide of the Native Americans and the suppression/slavery of the Africans.
And then you can also explain the actual genocide that the Israeli army is committing on the palestinian nation.
claudine
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

Bagfed wrote: No, I don't speak any other language besides English, but then I don't have to do I ?
No, of course you don't have to learn another language. It must have been hard enough for you to learn reading.

N.B.: in Europe someone who speaks only one language is usually considered a complete idiot. The average adult in my country speaks 3-4 languages.
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Bagfed wrote:THIS JUST IN!

France has just announced that when Iraq begins using the weapons of mass destruction (which they don't have), French forces will IMMEDIATELY join the COALITION of 30 plus nations in the armed inspection process that is about to commence in T-20 hrs.

GLORY! GLORY!
1) The president of France did announce that France would send troops if Iraq was to use WMD's.
2) You're unable to quote anyone correctly. Typical propaganda beahaviour, btw... Chirac did not say he'd "join a coalition in an armed inspection process". You're the only one I heard so far talking in such ridiculous terms of the three days of large-scale bombing which will open your "process". Or do you say this like in "processed food", i.e. what American cuisine brought to the world?.
3) 30 plus nation coalition? Chirac talked of joining the field where I see:
200 000 American troops (funny I don't see you, you armchair warrior...)
50 000 British troops
2 000 Australians :D (Gallipoli isn't far, hope Anglo-Americans will put them to lesser waste...)
200 Polish :lol: (probably this only if Europe can lend it some money to pay their charter to the Persian Gulf.)

Glory? Yes, I guess Junior is fighting for Glory. One always fights for what one doesn't have.
Jens_Hoppe

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

Control yourself, Az. I hope that you'll consider apologizing for this truly evil statement.
That's an evil statement? I thought Azalin was being rather even tempered, bagfed's idiotic provocations taken into account.

Me, if I want evil statements, I will listen again to Dubya's latest talk to the nation...
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

claudine wrote: N.B.: in Europe someone who speaks only one language is usually considered a complete idiot. The average adult in my country speaks 3-4 languages.
Not a cultural elitist, are you?
blackhawk wrote:Wow Az, are all you pacifict types so vicious and mean spirited?
And some of them would like our head of state to choke to death. http://www.bretzelforbush.com
Reasonable person
Walden
Jens_Hoppe

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

Walden wrote:And some of them would like our head of state to choke to death. http://www.bretzelforbush.com
And a large percentage of Americans would like innocent Iraqis bombed to death (otherwise why would they support the war so eagerly, knowing this to be a consequence of it?). Which wish is more evil?
Jack

Post by Jack »

edit
Last edited by Jack on Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

This seems like an excellent thread to stay out of.

It's a sign of the times that a thread which started out with a sincere apology degenerated into name-calling.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
Turner

Post by Turner »

This subject could go on forever :cry: Its not possible to change people opinions about certain matters, and it seems that some people are getting aggressive in an effort to get accross their point. :roll:

Miss Cranberry, Herr Hoppe and Herr Weiss iam sorry that you didnt get my metaphorical statement about the dog. Instead of jumping stright on it however u should have taken a minute to read and let it sink in but never mind :roll:

Iam simply trying to state that violence is the way of the world. Human nature, it would be nice to live in a world without it, but in the real world violence rears its ugly head at every corner.

Look how many wars there have been since the Great War, "the war to end all wars" Need we say more?

Tinuviel you need keep yourself and your stupid comments in check son. The "Europeans" had NOTHING to do with the holocaust, the only country involved was Nazi Germany. The only people that knew it was happening were the Nazis...NOT the German people, and certainly not the Euros. Nazi idealism is not a reflection on the people of Germany. And statements like yours over 50 years later are not welcome :moreevil:

Claudine Someone who speaks 3 languages is very talented, sombody that doesnt isnt Stupid :roll: I speak (Obviously) English, German, and Some Serbo Croat.

As English is an international language many English speaking people choose not to learn more languages, call it ignorant, call it what you want. But the fact is if you can speak English, then you can communicate all over the world!

I speak German as it would be ignorant of me not to speak German, when I live here!

For you American guys I have visted many Euro countries, and allot of people do not speak 3 languages, many people often do not speak English (why should they?) so dont go away thinking that we are all multi lingual over here in Euro!!! :D

I have to note that many pacafists on here are getting quite aggresive when people do not share their point of view! is that just the Human nature creeping in??

Bagfed Come on mate, leave Zub alone for a while, obviously he is going to take all of this badly, most of it is aimed at his country, and he is a patriot, like most French men, and very proud of his culture and country, he has nothing to be ashamed of!

For the record, Iam not a big fan of this war, I can understand why we are doing it, but it still doesnt seem right, as many of you are aware, I will be going in April out to the Gulf, so whatever seems right or wrong will go out of the window, as I do what I have been trained for. as they say: "Mine is not to reason why...only but to do and die"
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Bagfed wrote:I can call myself what ever I want, they all apply if I say they do. and I do.

I love trying to decipher your broken English, It is the best brain teaser, and it's like I have a daily subscription for free.

No, I don't speak any other language besides English, but then I don't have to do I ?

Picture Bagfed, laughing hystericly, chasing Zubivka around the yard, poking him with a stick.
Dear dweller of the pits of Michigan, I’m going to have my turn of fun.

My English certainly is broken. It's only the third of a handful of languages I use; I pretend to really speak fluently only two of them, rather one and a half.

I knew already my English is limited; so is yours, but you don’t know it. It did surprise me on a few occasions but who would I be to correct you? The really literate around needed not my limited help, though they kept polite enough not to mention your shortcomings in this field more than mine.

You mention you don’t have to speak any other language besides English, don’t you? I guess not, except you’ve been bragging about Scottish origins, so a bit of Gaelic would not harm your pretenses on European cultural roots.

However, the core of your problem is you don’t speak any language correctly, be it English:

- the first of your sentences I quoted above defies syntax

- your punctuation reveals to everyone your degree of education; now I see why you sympathize with Prez Junior
2/5

- as for your spelling, only technology can help you: try a spelling checker (so could I but I don’t have the budget for the English and American extensions of mine).
Picture Bagfed, laughing hystericly, chasing Zubivka around the yard, poking him with a stick.
Shuuure.

You would if you could,
You lean, mean, bragging machine
Armchair lake marine
Turner

Post by Turner »

Zubivka mate, let me try and remember some French from school:

Ignorez nos amis americains ,ils ont une maniere differente de communiquer .Ne descendez pas sur le meme niveau.Je sais que vous etes un homme de dignite.

Hope you get what iam trying to say :D