New whistle pitchers included

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Jleo Fipple
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

New whistle pitchers included

Post by Jleo Fipple »

Initial impressions a very different sound/timbre from my Clarke Sweetone (D) and T Dixon Trad (D) Today I practiced cuts and was having difficulty getting the cut to sound on the Dixon I popped the Susato into my bake and I got the required results immediately. Even when I got the cut working on the Dixon I was getting a more pronounced/louder cut response from the Susato. I'm very glad I bought the Susato a very nice and different whistle addition to my existing instruments.

Susato Kildare SB (D)

Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: New whistle pitchers included

Post by Nanohedron »

Small bore - nice choice. I'm not a fan of all the Susato line, but among those that I like, the small bore D is one of them. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Mr Ed
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mr Ed »

Nice! Enjoy it. :thumbsup:
maki

Post by maki »

My favorite pitcher(even if he don't whistle) :D -
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

We wanna pitcher, not a glass of water.
We wanna pitcher, not a belly itcher.

I love baseball trash talk.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Angel Shadowsong

Post by Angel Shadowsong »

It is my favorite whistle. Hands down, very good intonation and articulation responsiveness.

I love their S-Series. You might want to add the Bb-B-C-Db and Eb in your set.

After having the Susato, I can not find a metal whistle that has a competitive volume, and that has a very good intonation.

The crucial spot i find is the High E to High B sudden shift, there is a large chiff burst on that transition (on any of my breath combination that I have tried). Nevertheless tonguing can help. O-ring tweak will also help on that.

It is a good bullying whistle. You can bully any instrument with that.

My only complain was the last 3 notes of the second octave can be piercing. So avoid playing in close areas.

It is water proof :P. Practicing it while your on a bath tub can be done. :lol:

It also has the best microphone consistency among the whistles I have tested.

https://www.box.com/s/ae6c94fb92948961bab6

On this image I had above, 4 instrument were tested.

1st wave is a Recorder
2nd is Susato
3rd is an aluminum whistle
4th is a nickel

Susato has less wave scatter (normalized as the software termed it, Leveling in some software). Tone when executed gives a direct throw. How can I describe it ? There is a proper term for that direct throw.
Quote by Zig Ziglar: “Success occurs when opportunity meets preparation”
Lars Larry Mór Mott
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Lars Larry Mór Mott »

Nanohedron wrote:Small bore - nice choice. I'm not a fan of all the Susato line, but among those that I like, the small bore D is one of them. :)
I have never liked Susatos to be honest.. i have a D i bought in Dublin way back in 1995, i have no idea what model it is, but it sounds like a obnoxious plastic recorder and brings tears to your eyes from high G and upwards.. I will give it that it's in very good tune both with itself and the rest of the A440-world though :)
Angel Shadowsong:I guess you haven't looked very long or hard? :p Try a Harper, Chieftain or Overton if you wish to dominate sessions. ;)
the artist formerly known as Mr_Blackwood
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Mr_Blackwood wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:Small bore - nice choice. I'm not a fan of all the Susato line, but among those that I like, the small bore D is one of them. :)
I have never liked Susatos to be honest.. i have a D i bought in Dublin way back in 1995, i have no idea what model it is, but it sounds like a obnoxious plastic recorder and brings tears to your eyes from high G and upwards.. I will give it that it's in very good tune both with itself and the rest of the A440-world though :)
Angel Shadowsong:I guess you haven't looked very long or hard? :p Try a Harper, Chieftain or Overton if you wish to dominate sessions. ;)
BTW, I just realised I might actually have meant liking the VSB, not SB, line for soprano D. I do have a Susato B that pleases me very much. Don't recall any details about the bore, though. Had (or have?) a narrow bore Susato A, but found it difficult to play and love.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Angel Shadowsong

Post by Angel Shadowsong »

Mr_Blackwood wrote:Angel Shadowsong[/b]:I guess you haven't looked very long or hard? :p Try a Harper, Chieftain or Overton if you wish to dominate sessions. ;)
I forgot to mention another quality. Something within my budget. :lol:
Quote by Zig Ziglar: “Success occurs when opportunity meets preparation”