Need Sympathy!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
ChrisCracknell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Need Sympathy!

Post by ChrisCracknell »

Just had (Friday) one of the more painful experiences of my life...

With a face blown up like a small melon on one side (me, not the dentist), the Dentist decided to lance an abcess (about the size of a large pea he said...) on my second top incisor and then guddle around in the hole a bit! :o

However, thanks to Penicillin and iodine, my face is now almost back to normal and I even sort of managed to play in a session on Sunday night. The tooth is a goner, but I have high hopes that fluting will be back to normal soon. :)
jim stone

Re: Need Sympathy!

Post by jim stone »

Much sympathy!
eilam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eilam »

ditto on what jim said !!!
speedy recovery.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

On the positive side, you had dental care. Lots of folks don't. Every time I have some misfortune in my life, I say, "I am still living better than 99% of the people who have ever lived on this planet." I don't know if that percentage is true but it can't be that far off.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
maki
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by maki »

Much sympathy ineed!
Worst pain I can recall was dental pain.
weedie

Post by weedie »

If it makes you feel any better Chris..
During the last month I've been diagnosed with High blood pressure,Cholesterol at 7.2,Tinnitis,a bung knee,had to get one of my front teeth pulled out, put my back out on Monday and have spent the last 4 days in bed with the pain which has caused severe vertigo and I feel a flu coming on....apart from that,I'm quite well :thumbsup: ...
Things are on the up though...I've given up the grog,'erb and Chocolate :( and am starting to feel a bit better..
Last edited by weedie on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
" Quiet is quite nice " ..... weedie .....
ChrisCracknell

Post by ChrisCracknell »

Thanks Weedie,

that does makes me feel much better. :) I hope you get better soon too.
ChrisCracknell

Post by ChrisCracknell »

And I think, doing a quick sum; without dental care I'd probably be completely toothless by now. Although a couple of my lower incisors have never felt the drill and might have survived.

I am grateful that I have it so good, but it still hurts.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Hang in there, guy.
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

ChrisCracknell wrote:Just had (Friday) one of the more painful experiences of my life...

With a face blown up like a small melon on one side (me, not the dentist), the Dentist decided to lance an abcess (about the size of a large pea he said...) on my second top incisor and then guddle around in the hole a bit! :o

However, thanks to Penicillin and iodine, my face is now almost back to normal and I even sort of managed to play in a session on Sunday night. The tooth is a goner, but I have high hopes that fluting will be back to normal soon. :)
Sorry to hear this Chris, and I can relate to dental problems. Most of mine are yet to come, from a lack of affordable dental care and bad teeth, but I've been there too. No abcess' yet, though I can't imagine why not. Hope you heal quickly, and are playing again soon!
weedie wrote:If it makes you feel any better Chris..
During the last month I've been diagnosed with High blood pressure,Cholesterol at 7.2,Tinnitis,a bung knee,had to get one of my front teeth pulled out, put my back out on Monday and have spent the last 4 days in bed with the pain which has caused severe vertigo and I feel a flu coming on....apart from that,I'm quite well :thumbsup: ...
Things are on the up though...I've given up the grog,'erb and Chocolate :( and am starting to feel a bit better..
Weedie, dear fellow, you're just having a real bad month, for sure! Hope you're back on the road to recovery very quickly as well, and don't give up on the things you've given up, it's possible to recover well enough to reconsider!!! :lol:
maki wrote:Much sympathy ineed! Much sympathy ineed!
Worst pain I can recall was dental pain.
Well, dental pain isn't anything good, but if you want real pain, try a tortioned testicle (congenital condition)! Not something you really want to do, unless you're into pain, big time! A fading but vivid memory I still have and will until I part this earth! I told them to do whatever they needed to do, but please just stop the pain~!!!

Let's put these things behing us, and just play some music! :)
~~~~
Barry
weedie

Post by weedie »

Well said Barry..thanks mate.
Pain is a terrible thing that we have to bear...and for sure, there's lots of people going through life dealing with much more than you,or I,or Chris have had to deal with....and thats not even including mental pain....sometimes I just wish I was my Labrador :) .
" Quiet is quite nice " ..... weedie .....
Denny

Post by Denny »

woof!
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
Toon

Post by Toon »

Much sympathie for you all with medical 'thingies'.
Hopefully flute playing will not suffer.

I totally agree with Mutepoint. Compared to al lot of people in the world (most people) we're not that bad off, even if we suffer from medical issues that make our lives a misery for a while.
Hang in there.
woodfluter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by woodfluter »

Sorry for your travails, Chris!

I can sympathize, have been there with pain that required stronger prescription painkillers, then stronger, and finally the really nasty addictive kind that allowed me to curl up on the sofa and moan for most of the day without being too much of a nuisance. Root canal was an absolute blessing, but the tooth went a few years later anyway.

It sounds like you're well on the way to recovery. Do take care of those eye teeth...you need them for fluting. But wonderful that you can get almost anything replaced these days...for a price.

All the best to ya,
- Bill
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Had my front tooth cracked when I was young. By the time the root canal was done, there wasn't much above the gums to attach a fake tooth. Eventually the remainder cracked and I ended up getting a bit of metal screwed into my bone. It was a real pain at the time, but has been something I rarely think about these days. Hope all goes well.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."