Used Casey Burns Irish Flute for sale on eBay, 8.8.12

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
greylarsen
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Used Casey Burns Irish Flute for sale on eBay, 8.8.12

Post by greylarsen »

I am selling a used Casey Burns Irish flute for on behalf of a good friend of mine. It will go active on eBay tonight, August 8, 2012, at 8:30 EST at this URL:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 1096398961

You can view photos at the eBay auction site. The auction will last seven days, ending on August 15th. The starting bid is $200 and the "buy it now" price is $350.

It is used and is in excellent condition. There are no cracks or damage to the flute of any kind. My friend purchased it at a shop in Ireland several years ago. It comes with an excellent velvet-lined hard-shell case, a case originally made for a modern flute, which formerly had some sort of internal blocks designed to hold in place the pieces of a modern flute. Those blocks have been removed.

This flute features Casey Burns' small-handed finger hole spacing, making it an excellent choice for players with smaller hands. However, players with normal sized hands (such as myself) can also play it perfectly well.

It is in the standard key of D and plays at the standard pitch of A = 440. The flute plays beautifully. To hear a recording of me playing this flute, please go to http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4803463/Flute.mp3 and download an MP3 file.

The flute is made of African blackwood. Casey Burns calls this particular flute one of his "factory seconds" because it has the body of one of his Standard Flute models with the headjoint of one of his Folk Flute models. Also, as you will see in the photos, there is a lighter colored patch in the wood on the headjoint, near the end cap. This is natural variation in the wood and is purely a cosmetic feature that has no negative impact whatsoever on the flute itself. In fact, I find it has quite a distinctive look.

The headjoint has a turned wood end cap, a feature not included in Casey Burns' present budget-line Folk Flute model. This flute also has a separate foot joint which allows for some independent fine tuning of the D note.

When the tuning joints are fully pushed in, the flute measures 23 and 3/8 inches long. It is very light weight, about 11 ounces.

I am happy to answer any questions about the flute. Please email me at grey@greylarsen.com.

It is used and is in excellent condition. There are no cracks or damage to the flute of any kind. My friend purchased it at a shop in Ireland several years ago. It comes with an excellent velvet-lined hard-shell case, a case originally made for a modern flute, which formerly had some sort of internal blocks designed to hold in place the pieces of a modern flute. Those blocks have been removed.

This flute features Casey Burns' small-handed finger hole spacing, making it an excellent choice for players with smaller hands. However, players with normal sized hands (such as myself) can also play it perfectly well.

It is in the standard key of D and plays at the standard pitch of A = 440. The flute plays beautifully. To hear a recording of me (Grey Larsen) playing this flute, please contact me at grey@greylarsen.com and I will send you a link an MP3 file you may download.

The flute is made of African blackwood. Casey Burns calls this particular flute one of his "factory seconds" because it has the body of one of his Standard Flute models with the headjoint of one of his Folk Flute models. Also, as you will see in the photos, there is a lighter colored patch in the wood on the headjoint, near the end cap. This is natural variation in the wood and is purely a cosmetic feature that has no negative impact whatsoever on the flute itself. In fact, I find it has quite a distinctive look.

The headjoint has a lovely turned wood end cap, a feature not included in Casey Burns' budget-line Folk Flute. This flute also has a separate foot joint which allows for independent fine tuning of the D note.

When the tuning joints are fully pushed in, the flute measures 23 and 3/8 inches long. It is very light weight, about 11 ounces.

I am happy to answer any questions about the flute.

[ Fixed eBay link. - Mod ]
skyspirit
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Used Casey Burns Irish Flute for sale on eBay, 8.8.12

Post by skyspirit »

I get error message in what appears to be in German.
Learning how to learn....my music teacher
skyspirit
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by skyspirit »

Appears to be working now.
Learning how to learn....my music teacher
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

I'm getting German....
plunk111
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Love playing trumpet and modern flute at church as well as Irish trad flute in a band. Been playing Irish trad and 18th century period music for about 15 years.

Post by plunk111 »

Just type "Casey Burns" in the search box - it's the first thing that comes up. I think the link is incomplete in Grey's original post.

Pat
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV
Denny

Post by Denny »

problem when you cut from the display instead of the edit box :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Casey-Burns-Iri ... 1096398961

[ Shortened the link here, too. :-) - Mod ]
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.