Rudall & Rose 2000 series on Ebay

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Rudall & Rose 2000 series on Ebay

Post by Steampacket »

There's a nice looking Rudall & Rose on E-bay just now, Buy-it-now price 5.5995 USD
Serial# 2xxx. No.15, Piazza, Covent Garden, London
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rudall-Rose-Coc ... item3a7564
Item number: 251077613058
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Rudall & Rose 2000 series on Ebay

Post by MTGuru »

This flute is listed here on the Chiffboard by the seller.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=88438
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
LorenzoFlute

Post by LorenzoFlute »

Ah, large hole Rudall, if the keys are silver it's my dream flute. One day, one day...
Antique 6 key French flute for sale: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102436

youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/LorenzoFlute
dunnp

Post by dunnp »

I was just thinking the same thing, what lovely large holes you have, Rudall.
Sillydill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Sillydill »

I've got a splendid idea! :tomato:

We should start a Flute Lottery!

Each person could buy a ticket for $100 and the lucky one wins the R&R.

We could do this each time a delectable R&R turns up.

Just send your money to me and I'll let you know when I (I mean whoever wins). :lol:
Keep on Tootin!

Jordan
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

i tried that once....or at least suggested it.....and got lambasted (the lottery, that is....not keeping the funds as you whimsically suggest)

frankly, as a seller in this economic climate, i think it's a fine idea.....but woes to the rest.

:tomato:
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

the photo is kind enough to show it as 2883 (why not just *say* it in the listing or online? quit with the 2xxx series nonsense -- and truth be told, there's an enormous difference between the 2100 and the 2900 flutes.)

also shows 2 offers......and if indications of previous "offers" on other available flutes are true, they're likely for the ridiculous prices of $3,000 or some stupidity. If the man wants $6k for this Rudall, then that's the price.

people.....get real! A bad economy means you don't have the money to even make an offer.
Bad economy doesn't mean the price goes down....unless the seller is hard up for cash.
And even then, quit taking advantage! Pay the fair price. Quit watching American Pickers or Pawn Stars!

Car sales went down, but I don't recall that the prices plummeted.
They did for houses, but of course they were overvalued.

When my keyed Olwell showed up, I don't recall being able to say to Pat: "hey, the economy sucks, so cut the price." Yeah, right.

You want a bargain? hit the streets and look for it yourself. How do you think the rest of us locate them?
LorenzoFlute

Post by LorenzoFlute »

Will you show me the streets you're talking about David? :D

kmag
Tell us something.: I try my best to play the flute and pipes. I have been coming here for years and now are required to fill this out for an address change.

Post by kmag »

I agree with David on this. A slight decrease for a quick sale is a far cry from half price. I feel it wrong to try and take advantage of another person's bad situation if it is a forced sale and wrong to drive down the price just because we are in bad times. I think it degrades the flute as well as the people involved to make ridiculous offers. Please don't talk to me about market forces, we are not talking about commodities here and to try to get something for nothing is greedy in my mind.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

I've got one very like that one. And you're not having it. :D
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

Othannen wrote:Will you show me the streets you're talking about David? :D
Sure....happy to give up my own 20 years of research and work for nothing. :thumbsup:

Take the time, do the work, and you'll locate the very same "streets" others such as myself, Tony Bingham (who probably invented them), Patsy Maloney, David Levine, even David Ogden, to mention just a few, have found.

Not without risk, though. Many a flute came my way that outright stunk and was junk....and I paid the price for the knowledge. No risk, no reward.

Not too many good souls around (I know of none) who would locate and purchase a playable or restorable Rudall (Pratten, whatever) for $1,000 and then offer it to whomever for the same price.....and repeat the process over and again.

If the going price on a playable Rudall is $3500-$6000+ .... what does it matter what the other guy got it for? Is his profit margin somehow to be tempered by the mathematics of his gain? Yeah, right.

I've made as little as $250 from the investment in a Rudall.....and 10times that.

But the price, ultimately, is the price.....unless there's a huge deluge of Rudalls all of sudden on the market.

With demand low right now, owners simply hold onto the flute until the market turns again.

Pretty simple.

But there's the rub to the "Streets." You have to be willing to tie up some of your cash in holding it.....and that can be for a period of years.

:shock:
LorenzoFlute

Post by LorenzoFlute »

This is getting more and more mysterious...

popsnorkle
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by popsnorkle »

But who's to say that the selling price is what a flute like this one goes for? Why is this one worth $5,495.00 and the Jon C. is selling worth $2400?
Denny

Post by Denny »

That would be Winded/im4home2 and Jon, wouldn't it.
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

popsnorkle wrote:But who's to say that the selling price is what a flute like this one goes for? Why is this one worth $5,495.00 and the Jon C. is selling worth $2400?
Well, all Rudall's are not the same. The above Rudall, was made in the "Golden Age of R&R. They made these flutes in house, even some of them have the keys stamped RR, I would imagine these keys were also made in house. My RRC on the other hand was sub contracted out, probably by Wylde's shop, the keys are nickel, not silver. I would like to call my flute an "entry level Rudall"!
This is the flute I meant to recommend, it has a certain magic in it, I have not figured out what causes the Rudall magic, but this flute has it!
Now back to the shallow babbling of the C&F riff-Raff... :poke:
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon