Who has stuff on youtube?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Peter Duggan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Re: Who has stuff on youtube?

Post by Peter Duggan »

Mod wrote:[This thread is for vids of one's own whistle stuff.]
Despite the OP saying...
Nomi wrote:Will you put them up anyway? Doesn't have to be whistling. I did ask for 'stuff'.
?
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Oh good grief. I feel like I'm back in a graduate seminar in postmodern deconstructionism. :o

Each of the main instrument forums has a user-initiated thread devoted to posting links to video clips of the respective instrument. The focus is primarily, if not exclusively, on drawing attention to noteworthy examples of other people's playing scoured from the internet, though some have posted clips of their own playing as well. These threads have been given "official" sanction by being made sticky.

Here in the Whistle Forum, the thread in question is titled "No whistle Youtube thread? Well then!" up at the top.

The Flute Forum also has a sticky thread dedicated specifically to posting clips of one's own playing. Mostly audio clips at first, but video as well. There's no corresponding thread in the Uilleann Forum, and there was none here in Whistles.

Given that lack, the Mods welcomed this thread as an alternate place to post your own whistle playing, and for that purpose - though ideally we'd prefer it not be restricted to video or YouTube. As the OP wrote in her initial thread post:
Nomi wrote:The youtube sticky of this forum seems to focus on people posting really cool videos of other people. I would like to see what people on this site have done, be it fabulous or dreadful.
Her perception of the other thread is correct, and she posted a video clip of her own whistle playing to seed this new thread with an example.

So far we're perfectly happy to let this thread (and the other sticky) run its lighthearted and interesting course on its own, bottom up, without slicing and dicing it. We always encourage people to share their playing, and this seems like a good place to do that here in the Whistle Forum.

If your post is not your whistle playing, then common sense should prevail. If your clip is personal and whistle-related, or ITM-related, or at least music-related, the Mods will probably keep on snoozing. Especially if you're a regular forum poster, then leeway will apply. If your clip is about rebuilding carburetors or hunting squirrels or mixing martinis, it's probably Off-Topic and belongs in The Pub or somewhere else. Because this is, you know, a Whistle Forum.

So to answer Hoopy's query again ... Strictly speaking, neither this nor the other thread accommodates your audio clip of cornet + chorus. But in the absence for now of a standing thread for non-whistle non-video in this forum, and apart from posting it separately, this thread will do, and I can't imagine any objections. Though it would be nice to hear a clip of your whistle playing sometime, too. :wink:

OK, carry on. Now where did I leave my copy of Derrida? ...
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

I'm pleased to see you've mentioned it here, as there were some things I wanted to discuss with the board members about postmodern deconstructionism.

Give me a little while to compose my comments, and I'll be back with something to post so we can get started. I assume we can continue with this here, since you've raised the subject. (Or does it have to be postmodern deconstructionism on YouTube to qualify? You weren't clear about that.)

Best wishes,
Jerry
You can purchase my whistles on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/freemanwhistle ... pg=&_from=

or directly from me:

email jerry ("at") freemanwhistles ("dot") com or send a PM.
hoopy mike
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by hoopy mike »

MTGuru wrote:So to answer Hoopy's query again ... Strictly speaking, neither this nor the other thread accommodates your audio clip of cornet + chorus. But in the absence for now of a standing thread for non-whistle non-video in this forum, and apart from posting it separately, this thread will do, and I can't imagine any objections. Though it would be nice to hear a clip of your whistle playing sometime, too. :wink:
Well, if you insist... This is quite an old clip on a homemade low F
https://www.box.com/shared/8dlu5p7mix
edited with new link
Last edited by hoopy mike on Sun May 06, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Jerry Freeman wrote:(Or does it have to be postmodern deconstructionism on YouTube to qualify? You weren't clear about that.)
Pub material, Jerry; Pub material. Well, unless you can work whistle playing (yours, preferably, and on YouTube even better) thematically into the topic. Personally, I throw up my hands, shake my head, and make a mumbling excuse-filled exit.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

hoopy mike wrote:Well, if you insist... This is quite an old clip on a homemade low F
https://www.box.com/files/0/f/0/1/f_215 ... _343849876
Oops, that's not a shared link, Mike.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
hoopy mike

Post by hoopy mike »

MTGuru wrote:
hoopy mike wrote:Well, if you insist... This is quite an old clip on a homemade low F
https://www.box.com/files/0/f/0/1/f_215 ... _343849876
Oops, that's not a shared link, Mike.
oops - link should be: https://www.box.com/shared/8dlu5p7mix
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Nanohedron wrote:
Jerry Freeman wrote:(Or does it have to be postmodern deconstructionism on YouTube to qualify? You weren't clear about that.)
Pub material, Jerry; Pub material. Well, unless you can work whistle playing (yours, preferably, and on YouTube even better) thematically into the topic. Personally, I throw up my hands, shake my head, and make a mumbling excuse-filled exit.
OK, then.

This may take some time to create. The beginning keeps disappearing as I get into the middle of it, and I keep having to go back and reconstruct it. I'm working on a composition for whistle, cornet and choir called "The Postmodern Deconstructionism Hornpipe." And of course the whistles being played will be mine (the cornet and choir will be someone else's; I'm hoping Mike will participate).

Best wishes,
Jerry
You can purchase my whistles on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/freemanwhistle ... pg=&_from=

or directly from me:

email jerry ("at") freemanwhistles ("dot") com or send a PM.
cboody

Post by cboody »

Jerry Freeman wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
OK, then.

This may take some time to create. The beginning keeps disappearing as I get into the middle of it, and I keep having to go back and reconstruct it. I'm working on a composition for whistle, cornet and choir called "The Postmodern Deconstructionism Hornpipe." And of course the whistles being played will be mine (the cornet and choir will be someone else's; I'm hoping Mike will participate).

Best wishes,
Jerry

Ah! But will you deconstruct your whistles in the performance? Or perhaps in the future since it is "postmodern deconstrustionism?"
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Jerry Freeman wrote:I'm working on a composition...called "The Postmodern Deconstructionism Hornpipe."
Already also known as "The Humours of Foucault". :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
BigDavy

Post by BigDavy »

Hi Nanohedron

Does it have a nice swing to it?

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

BigDavy wrote:Does it have a nice swing to it?
Pretty much, but like everything else in this business I'd expect it to vary depending on where it's played.
Denny

Post by Denny »

yeah, well...Minneapolis swing...ah :wink:
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

We got loads of it all over the place. Take your pick:

ImageImage
ImageImage
optakeover

Post by optakeover »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... cejm6cEYws

Me with my friends on stage.

Generation.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75721&start=30

"However to me, above all it's not about the whistles. I love all my whistles, but I love the music more."