I Hate Change!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
rich
i see what you did there
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by rich »

Tony wrote:Rich,
I'm using Netscape Communicator 4.51 and images collide with text.
I really can't do anything about browsers that old -- 4.51 is five years old now, and there have been significant changes to the way browsers work since then. The forum will be usable without modern CSS support, but they won't be pretty.

Any modern browser -- Netscape 6 or 7, Mozilla 1.x, Internet Explorer 5 or 6, Opera, Safari, Omniweb -- should work. (I've tested in most of those.)

--Rich
rich
i see what you did there

Email notification

Post by rich »

The Weekenders wrote:Well, I love looking at Cutie-Pie Nightshaydes mug but another thing that occurs to me is that the Watch Topic seems to be automatic. Thus I had three emails this morning telling me that a reply had been posted to the threads I contributed. That I really don't like.

This would've been fixed much sooner, except everyone posted to the forums about it, and no-one sent me mail or a private message -- I've been checking the latter from work all day, but haven't had time to read all the posts to the forums.

<a href="http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?p=104988">This announcement</a> explains how email notifications have been fixed.

Cheers,<ul>-Rich</ul>
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

I really like how it takes you to your post and not the start of the thread after you post a reply to a multi-page thread. About time, I say. Thanks, Rich.
/Bloomfield
madguy

Post by madguy »

The only complaint I have is that the fonts are so small these 50 year old eyes are straining to read the posts!!!

~Larry
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

as far as I can tell, one has to be smart enough to hit the style features, like bold and italic, before typing anything, lest that info comes only after what you have already typed? Right? otherwise you have to erase everything and start over. Highlighting or inserting by cursor does not work, as far as I can tell. I keep trying.

And I still cannot get the text to be colored.
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

New browsers
Higher resolution
Bolder text
background color concerns
Emoticons
Faster connections
Bigger hard drives
Upgrades, upgrades, upgrades...

Don't you just hate it when your local restaurant
prints up new menus and suddenly your favorite
meal disapears??

;-)
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

The Weekenders wrote:And I still cannot get the text to be colored.
There's a drop-down box above--Font colour Defalut. Click on the arrow and choose a color. Same with Font size--Normal.

Good Luck!
madguy

Post by madguy »

Lorenzo, not being computer literate I'll need some luck. I thought I clicked on the whatever to enlarge the font size, but it's still teeny! HELP!!!!!

~Larry
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Take your cursor and drag it across the word first to "blue" it in, then select Colour. Blue it in again to change Font. Each time you do it you'll see the brackets enclose it like bookends, automatically. Same with Bold or "B" italics, or the URL from the properties pasted here..blue it in first and click "img" above.

Oh...one thing more. The way it looks when you hit "preview" is the way it will look here.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

trying again

Hm. Style changes still come at the END of what I type, I have to cut and paste commands to achieve above. And I now realize that I have to type in between the two color commands. Highlighting does NOT work still. maybe its the combo of browser and OS and some preferences I don't know about.

but at least I can put in color now.

no biggie. Just extra work.
madguy

Post by madguy »

[img][/img] I know I can be a slow learner when it comes to tekkie stuff, but is there any way I can get the size of the fonts to be larger when I'm reading everybody else's messages??? :-?

~Larry
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

jim stone wrote:Change sucks!
Constant change is here to stay. :grin:
jim_mc
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Well, I've gotten over the new format and even posted my avatar, so I guess I'm over myself now. This change wasn't so bad after all.
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Change sucks!
Constant change is a suckosaurus!

Sorry, I have a personal beef with transience.
Like Jim, I'm getting to like the new format, I confess.
scottielvr

Holy Trifocals!

Post by scottielvr »

madguy wrote:[img][/img] I know I can be a slow learner when it comes to tekkie stuff, but is there any way I can get the size of the fonts to be larger when I'm reading everybody else's messages??? :-?

~Larry
You can make the message text larger in your browser by selecting "View - text" in Netscape or "View, Text size" in, uh, that other browser. Tried it with Netscape and it worked beautifully... No warranties, express or implied, about IE. Hope this helps.