Kudos for Nick Whitmer

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
ImNotIrish
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Kudos for Nick Whitmer

Post by ImNotIrish »

I met Nick at the NE Tionol last year and had an opportunity to play the Taylor set he restored. I fell in love and have since ordered a 3/4 set in the Taylor style from Nick. Recently I have started to get email updates and photos on the progress he is making on my set. I am thankful for the opportunity to have a glimpse into the process. I get more excited with every new update and photo. I want to thank Nick publicly for taking the time to share his work with me. I don't want to rush you Nick, but I can hardly wait to strap that baby on!
Arbo Doughty
Marcelo Muttis
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Kudos for Nick Whitmer

Post by Marcelo Muttis »

You tell all of us that you have pics of the process and you don´t show them? Please Arbo :D
Thanks God for the opposite thumb.
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Kudos indeed. Nick's a gentleman to deal with and he turns out first-rate work.
PJ
ImNotIrish

Post by ImNotIrish »

Marcelo Muttis wrote:You tell all of us that you have pics of the process and you don´t show them? Please Arbo :D
Marcelo....

I will set up a link at box.net for the photos. Nice to know someone is interested.
Arbo

Edit: Okay, here's the link to the photos. The drones and regs are from a set that Nick restored. I am having my set copied from that particular set, and have opted to go with the aluminum mounts for the drones/ regs. I couldn't find the photo of the
roughly turned chanter, which Nick sent to me ages ago and was leaving to sit for a while. The various parts are nickel silver ferrules and the popping valve, along with the stock sleeve.
Arbo

http://www.box.com/s/fffad711b0497af745ac
Last edited by ImNotIrish on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
deisman
Tell us something.: I'm a traveling man, made a lot of stops. All over this world. And in every port, I own the heart of a cute little girl. Woah, I'm a travel'n man. Yes, I'm a travel'n maa-an. Woah, I'm a travel'n man.

Post by deisman »

congratulations Arbo - how exciting. those parts look massive. hope you're working out. ; ) Post some more when you get them.

Best,

Deisman
I'm on it...
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Huzzah for Nick! :-)
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
tommykleen
Tell us something.: I am interested in the uilleann pipes and their typical -and broader- use. I have been composing and arranging for the instrument lately. I enjoy unusual harmonic combinations on the pipes. I use the pipes to play music of other cultures.

Post by tommykleen »

Yup: Nick's a swell bloke and no mistake. He let me take that Taylor-style set for a spin at the NE tionol. Fun!
Tommykleen
Well, don't forget to make music.
WannabePiper

Post by WannabePiper »

Aluminum mounts - neat-o. Can't wait to see the finished product!
ImNotIrish

Post by ImNotIrish »

ImNotIrish wrote:
Marcelo Muttis wrote:You tell all of us that you have pics of the process and you don´t show them? Please Arbo :D
Marcelo....

I will set up a link at box.net for the photos. Nice to know someone is interested.
Arbo

Edit: Okay, here's the link to the photos. The drones and regs are from a set that Nick restored. I am having my set copied from that particular set, and have opted to go with the aluminum mounts for the drones/ regs. I couldn't find the photo of the
roughly turned chanter, which Nick sent to me ages ago and was leaving to sit for a while. The various parts are nickel silver ferrules and the popping valve, along with the stock sleeve.
Arbo

Note: A couple of new pictures added: The mainstock and cup; various boxwood pieces... for drones and regs.
uillmann
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by uillmann »

Those parts look beautiful! Nick's a true gentleman. I ordered a part from him two weeks ago and he already told me it was in the mail. Now, that's a really fast turnaround for a pipemaker!
ImNotIrish

Post by ImNotIrish »

Another set of photos of the Taylor set Nick is making for me. These are of the drones and regs, and the drilled out mainstock.
Arbo