Time/Space Lapse

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Time/Space Lapse

Post by mutepointe »

Is anyone else having problems reconciling these two?
Someone has to do something about him.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Time/Space Lapse

Post by benhall.1 »

It's Kirk, mutie, but not as we know him.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Very few of us are the same people we were when we were twenty-five or thirty. :puppyeyes:
Get a picture of yourself at that age and put it by your bathroom mirror, and see how long you can stand it.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
emmline

Post by emmline »

I'm going to have to agree with IB on this one. Yes, I can reconcile them, because I have lovely daughters in their 20s, and then I have...me. My husband with PCA cannot always do it, which is why he looks at me funny sometimes.
dwest

Post by dwest »

emmline

Post by emmline »

Not fair dwest.

How about this instead:
I stand stubbornly by the conviction that we don't all have to turn into Queen Elizabeth. (though we do have to turn.)
dwest

Post by dwest »

mutepointe wrote:Is anyone else having problems reconciling these two?
Someone has to do something about him.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

OMG, did McGill give him an honorary degree???
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
dwest

Post by dwest »

chas wrote:OMG, did McGill give him an honorary degree???
Do you mean Dr. Shatner?
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Very few of us are the same people we were when we were twenty-five or thirty. :puppyeyes:
Get a picture of yourself at that age and put it by your bathroom mirror, and see how long you can stand it.
It's not his physical appearance that bothers me. I know folks get old. It's that he acts like a damn fool and there is no telling where he's going to turn up on TV next. As my Aunt Maggie would say, "He's like horse@#$%, all over the place."
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
dwest

Post by dwest »

mutepointe wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote:Very few of us are the same people we were when we were twenty-five or thirty. :puppyeyes:
It's not his physical appearance that bothers me. I know folks get old. It's that he acts like a damn fool and there is no telling where he's going to turn up on TV next. As my Aunt Maggie would say, "He's like horse@#$%, all over the place."
That's why it's called a Ph.D, Piled higher and Deeper.
Whistling Pops

Post by Whistling Pops »

dwest wrote:
mutepointe wrote:
That's why it's called a Ph.D, Piled higher and Deeper.
The only place I see him now is sometimes on the Tonight Show. Actually, I find him to be kind of entertaining, more so than when he played the robotic Captain Kirk. :tomato:
A flock of crows can bring an eagle down...but it doesn't make the eagle any less.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

mutepointe wrote:
You think that's bad? We have Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson! (The man with the common touch... :really: )

Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

chas wrote:OMG, did McGill give him an honorary degree???
They named the student union building after him. Or tried to. He went to high school with my ex almost mother in law.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Roderick [Rod] Sprague IV

Post by Roderick [Rod] Sprague IV »

He is as big a self parody as Adam West. It is as if he stopped being an actor about the time he gave the Get a Life speech on Saturday Night Live. I was a science fiction nerd. The science fiction subculture let me be my self long enough to develop social skills. His insisting that it is simple to go get a life when you have been a social outcast for finding your own culture a bunch of arbitrary rules that do not make a lot of sense was on the face of it cruel. "Excuse me, Walmart associate, where are the lives?" "Isle 12, next to the Happily Ever Afters." I have heard that Patrick Stewart had to sit him down and explain to him his responsibility to the fans. I hope that was not too much of a diatribe.