Anyone "e-talk" to Colin Goldie lately (here we go again)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
srleslie
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Anyone "e-talk" to Colin Goldie lately (here we go again)

Post by srleslie »

Couple years ago I emailed Colin Goldie via his web site to inquire about his Bass A and Bass G whistles (of course I'd rather order from Michael Burke, but he doesn't make them in those megalow keys...no yet, anyway. Near as I can tell, nobody else does either.) Never a response. Tried again a few days ago, same result. Has anyone had more luck, and if so, what's your secret?

Update: what a great forum this is! Within hours of posting I got my email answered by one Brigitte with an apology and a full (and cogent) explanation for the delay (seems there was an item on the web site all along about how Colin Goldie is moving--I'm now eligible for a dope slap). Goldie won't be making "specials," including Bass whistles, until summer. Now I know and merci to all.
Leslie Richelle __________________________________________________________________
Viking of Kiev
Tell us something.: The nick is outdated, I'd been living in Kiev for 13 years but now I am located in St.Petersburg, Russia.

Re: Anyone "e-talk" to Colin Goldie lately (here we go again)

Post by Viking of Kiev »

My friend has a bass G-low by Colin Goldie which is a nice whistle. He got it a couple, I suppose, years ago.
As far as I know there were no problems in ordering it.
Denny

Post by Denny »

you could try PM and the email on his profile page Image
although I'd think that his site form should be a good choice.

or ask Brigitte Image
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
AvienMael
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by AvienMael »

Yeah... one of them will definitely get back to you. Brigitte watches this forum when she has the time, and both of them have always been good about answering any inquiries of mine... it just takes a little time at times... they have had a lot going on with their move and renovations, and before that, all the legal nonsense that forced them into it. If you're still interested, I would certainly give it another shot... Colin's whistles come highly recommended for very good reason...
Playing, not paying.
srleslie

Post by srleslie »

AvienMael wrote:If you're still interested, I would certainly give it another shot... Colin's whistles come highly recommended for very good reason...
Thanks. I'm absolutely interested, but sounds like summer at the earliest. But then, may make sense to get an order in earlier, stimulate the process...
Leslie Richelle __________________________________________________________________
Narsoron
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Narsoron »

[quote="srleslie"]Couple years ago I emailed Colin Goldie via his web site to inquire about his Bass A and Bass G whistles (of course I'd rather order from Michael Burke, but he doesn't make them in those megalow keys...no yet, anyway. Near as I can tell, nobody else does either.) Never a response. Tried again a few days ago, same result. Has anyone had more luck, and if so, what's your secret?

I know that this feed is a little old, but I also wanted to throw out there that I ended up having a phone conversation with Colin in about mid-February. That poor man says that he's been working 12-15 hour days for the last year or so, and has barely had any time off. And with the move and all (which can all be found on their site) it's no wonder that their schedules are slightly hectic.
Basically, good job with finally getting in contact with them, persistence is a virtue. Colin is eager to do everything that he possibly can for the customer, the half hour I spent on the phone with him was a real joy. Brigitte also was very thorough, detailed, and helpful with her emails. Best of luck to you!
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door; you step onto the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." -J.R.R. Tolkien

Abell Soprano D/C Whistle
Colin Goldie Low D
Generation D/Eb/F
Susato Mezzo A/Low F
firnatine
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by firnatine »

Funny how this is my first post on this forum. I just registered yesterday but have been following along for some time now. I was going to start a new topic on recommendations for a Low F but decided to take my instructors advice and go for a Goldie. I sent an e-mail yesterday to Colin about ordering either a low F or the alto F. I'm hoping I will get a response this week.

Frank
Hotblack

Post by Hotblack »

You should get a response pretty quickly. I've found no trouble in getting in touch with Colin and Brigitte. Brigitte is also a member here at C&F so if you haven't heard in a few days try messaging her.
Cheers

David

I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

firnatine wrote:I sent an e-mail yesterday to Colin about ordering either a low F or the alto F.
Think you'll find they're the same thing!
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
maki

Post by maki »

firnatine wrote:Funny how this is my first post on this forum. I just registered yesterday but have been following along for some time now. I was going to start a new topic on recommendations for a Low F but decided to take my instructors advice and go for a Goldie. I sent an e-mail yesterday to Colin about ordering either a low F or the alto F. I'm hoping I will get a response this week.

Frank
Welcome to the forum Frank, have you played much whistle?