Posting clips

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
ImNotIrish
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Posting clips

Post by ImNotIrish »

Just found this in and among the collection.... Don't have a name for it.
Arbo

http://www.box.com/s/ofu3qfqtnmjiic30ve2z
Last edited by ImNotIrish on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcelvogue
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mcelvogue »

Here's a clip that was passed to me by my good friend and great musician, Ivan Miletitch. It was recorded in his kitchen about twenty years ago a number of days after we had both got new instruments - I had just got my Prattens F flute and he had just got his Tobin bouzouki. Happy days....

http://soundcloud.com/mcelvogue/sets/old-irish-stuff/

Tom McElvogue (Prattens F Flute)
Ivan Miletitch (Tobin Bouzouki)

Reels: Trip to Durrow/Tarboltan

Hope you enjoy.

Tom McElvogue
AbraXas

Post by AbraXas »

mcelvogue wrote:Here's a clip that was passed to me by my good friend and great musician, Ivan Miletitch. It was recorded in his kitchen about twenty years ago a number of days after we had both got new instruments - I had just got my Prattens F flute and he had just got his Tobin bouzouki. Happy days....

Tom McElvogue (Prattens F Flute)
Ivan Miletitch (Tobin Bouzouki)

Reels: Trip to Durrow/Tarboltan

Hope you enjoy.

Tom McElvogue

Great stuff, Tom. If you have more old (or new) recordings up your sleeve, please do not hesitate to post them.
mcelvogue

Post by mcelvogue »

Hi AbraXas, working through a backlog of old tapes I've just found and converting them to 2011 format. I'll have to wait for approval from the co-contributors first. Thankfully Ivan didn't mind this clip going up. It's really weird but I found some stuff which was recorded on an old Amstrad Studio 100 which used both sides of the tape to record 4 tracks on a standard audio tape using both sides of the stereo tracks at once. The problem now is, the Amstrad Studio 100 is long since dead and I have to transfer one side to digital and then transfer the other side of the tape (which plays 2 of the tracks backwards), I then have to flip the audio and match both sides up (synching them). I'm not sure how successful this is all going to be but I'm curious about what's on the tapes so as soon as I get something worth posting up I'll chip in again with an updated link.

Tom
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Lovely, Tom - thanks very much for putting it out for us!
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
mcelvogue

Post by mcelvogue »

Hi all,
more stuff added to the soundcloud.

The first batch of myself and Ian Carr were taken from rehearsal recordings for my first album which never happened way back in the late eighties/early nineties. I think many pints of guinness got in the way. Thanks to Ian for being a good sport and allowing me to share these and also to Norman Holmes for keeping them safe!

01-Tom McElvogue & Ian Carr
Reels: Hand Me Down the Tackle/Mick Finns/The Miser's Purse

02-Tom McElvogue & Ian Carr
Waltz/Jigs: Tom McElvogue's Waltz/Tom McElvogue's Jig in Am 07/Tom McElvogue's Jig in E Min 02

03-Tom McElvogue & Ian Carr
Hornpipes: The Marquis of Lorne/Kitty's Wedding

04-Tom McElvogue & Ian Carr
Reels: Gan Ainm/Gan Ainm

These last two were recorded for a "Folk on 2" recording for BBC radio 2 hosted by Kathryn Tickell. My sister also features on these with the piano Accordion.

05-Tom McElvogue, Sheena McElvogue and Ian Carr
Jigs: The Gallowglass(Ian Solo first)/The Kinnegad Slashers/McCallum's(The Chapel Bell)/Calliope House (Dave Richardson)

06-Tom McElvogue, Sheena McElvogue and Ian Carr
Jig/Slip Jig: Out on the Ocean(Ian Solo first)/Untitled

Hope you enjoy them! Still working through more music and will post again once I get some more tracks prepared.

Regards and happy fluting!

Tom McElvogue
AbraXas

Post by AbraXas »

mcelvogue wrote:Hi all,
more stuff added to the soundcloud.

The first batch of myself and Ian Carr were taken from rehearsal recordings for my first album which never happened way back in the late eighties/early nineties. I think many pints of guinness got in the way. Thanks to Ian for being a good sport and allowing me to share these and also to Norman Holmes for keeping them safe!

01-Tom McElvogue & Ian Carr
Reels: Hand Me Down the Tackle/Mick Finns/The Miser's Purse

02-Tom McElvogue & Ian Carr
Waltz/Jigs: Tom McElvogue's Waltz/Tom McElvogue's Jig in Am 07/Tom McElvogue's Jig in E Min 02

03-Tom McElvogue & Ian Carr
Hornpipes: The Marquis of Lorne/Kitty's Wedding

04-Tom McElvogue & Ian Carr
Reels: Gan Ainm/Gan Ainm

These last two were recorded for a "Folk on 2" recording for BBC radio 2 hosted by Kathryn Tickell. My sister also features on these with the piano Accordion.

05-Tom McElvogue, Sheena McElvogue and Ian Carr
Jigs: The Gallowglass(Ian Solo first)/The Kinnegad Slashers/McCallum's(The Chapel Bell)/Calliope House (Dave Richardson)

06-Tom McElvogue, Sheena McElvogue and Ian Carr
Jig/Slip Jig: Out on the Ocean(Ian Solo first)/Untitled

Hope you enjoy them! Still working through more music and will post again once I get some more tracks prepared.

Regards and happy fluting!

Tom McElvogue

Lovely stuff, Tom. Is the 07 set your own compositions? If so, do you have names for the tunes?
PS: Have you considered making a follow-up album some time in the future?
mcelvogue

Post by mcelvogue »

Hi AbraXas,
the 07 set is comprised of the following tunes. I think the sheet music is on my website for all of them. As for the follow up album, it's in the planning stages at the moment and as soon as I have anything definite I'll post a message up on the C&F forums.

07-Tom McElvogue
Jigs and Reels: Tom McElvogue's Jig in DMin 05/Tom McElvogue's Jig in Amin 07/Tom McElvogue's Reel in Amin 06/Tom McElvogue's Reel in AMin 02 (middle part missing)

Recorded at Elsdon Studios for a Kathryn Tickell edition of "Folk on 2" for BBC Radio 2 in 1992 (I think).

Tom McElvogue (F Prattens Flute)

Best Regards,
Tom
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

Video clips of two attempts at a Quebecois (I believe) waltz - thanks to Pamela Carr for the dots of her transcription from the playing of Chris Norman.... see the notes with the clips on Facebook for more info and comments:

La Have River Waltz (1st attempt)

La Have River Waltz (2nd attempt)

Feedback welcome, of course.... (apart from the obvious; why put clips out when I haven't practiced enough......? :tomato: :waah: )
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
tomo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by tomo »

Hello, Jem. It's a lovely tune! But it's very difficult for me to play on the flute... :cry:

I recorded a set dance with my wife. It's one of my favorite set dances.

The Three Sea Captains

My wife played a 38-key C/G Jeffries concertina and I played a 6-keyed Grinter flute in D.

Thank you for listening!

Tomoyuki
ImNotIrish

Post by ImNotIrish »

From an earlier, more aggressive time....
two reels. Don't recall which flute I played these tunes on....
Arbo

http://www.box.com/s/ikqahhit5h33bvtxunbl
Kirk B
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Kirk B »

Akiba
Tell us something.: I am an Irish flute player and whistler. I have been a member since 2007? This has been one of the most informative sites on Irish flute I have found.

Post by Akiba »

jemtheflute wrote:Video clips of two attempts at a Quebecois (I believe) waltz - thanks to Pamela Carr for the dots of her transcription from the playing of Chris Norman.... see the notes with the clips on Facebook for more info and comments:

La Have River Waltz (1st attempt)

La Have River Waltz (2nd attempt)

Feedback welcome, of course.... (apart from the obvious; why put clips out when I haven't practiced enough......? :tomato: :waah: )
Excellent playing, Jem. Great to hear the old gal put through her paces, using the full range of the flute. More of a classical/trad sound, which I like. I could hear the flatness at the bottom of the flute (low D of course), but really really close. Everything else seemed spot on. Enjoyed the twiddly bits (crans?) thrown in. Lovely.
Trip-

Post by Trip- »

Thought I'd record something just for the fun as usual...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy6niBaCTcM

2 reels, forgot both of their names ;/ shame on me.