chris coe

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
allan moller
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

chris coe

Post by allan moller »

hiya pipers,i have owned quite a few chanters,flat and concert over the years but have only found two of them to be great.one was a mid period o,briain which i played for around twenty years until i was forced to sell it(dont ask).the other is the chanter i am playing now and have no reason to want to change it,its a honey.it is made by chris coe from chester,great britain and is the equal of the o,briain if not better.chris has been developing his bore etc for several years with jim carroll from nottinghamshire.jim is also a fine maker and piper,guitarist and singer.the chanter is so easy to reed up,when you get a great one in it you want nothing better but even a mediocre lashed up reed will be session serviceable.the tuning is spot on,it plays itself(only pipers will get this)the craftmanship is of the highest order.now does this sound a bit effusive so far?.this is not spam,i am not being paid by chris or jim{they will only stand you a beer if you beg)i feel that there is so much dross out there masquerading as uilleann pipes and potentially good pipers are put because they are fobbed off with the excuse from unscrupulous or simply inadequte makers that they give up.you buy sets from chris you get the business.trust me im a piper.allan. ps.i have been teaching chris to make reeds for about three years,he is now a reedmaker.he is under the illusion that he is better than me,he is not.buy your pipes from him and your reeds from me.yeehaa.
Podge
antispam: No

Re: chris coe

Post by Podge »

Pictures and sound/video clips please.
MichaelLoos
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm here because I just wanted to change my location... but it turns out much more complicated than I thought. Do I already have the 100 required characters?

Post by MichaelLoos »

How can he be contacted?
glasba
Tell us something.: John McSherry total control, Davy Spillane tonal beauty, and Finbar Furey raw energy. Imagine them combined :)

Post by glasba »

Hi Michael,

NPU web site has contact info of most makers. Including him. Best, AA
rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

allan moller wrote:.trust me im a piper.
Good one Allan, Yes! we're up there with doctors and lawyers

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
Elmek

Post by Elmek »

Hmmm.... AM is obviously a James Joyce fan with his lack of capitalisation, poor punctuation, running words intooneanother........ a very "Finnigans wake-ish" post. :D

On a more serious note who did Chris Coe learn from....... pipemaking that is

John
tanash369
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by tanash369 »

Podge wrote:Pictures and sound/video clips please.
YES
brescianimichele

Post by brescianimichele »

{|_________||___o__o__O___o__O__º__º__||]
\\
tritaffy

Post by tritaffy »

I'm playing a keyless Chris Coe Mopane chanter and I'm really happy with it. The youtube link was at a local pub/hotel after the South Wales tionol and after copious amounts of alcohol consumed too.