More Flute Bling

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
RudallRose

Re: More Flute Bling

Post by RudallRose »

hmmmm. interesting.
keithsandra
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by keithsandra »

[quote="Doug_Tipple"]Not to worry, Keith, as my default flutes come without faux rings.

OK Doug, that's an elegant compromise, so in response I'd like to order your CLASSIC TIPPLE five piece "C" with wedge and lip plate, IN BLACK (no shiny bling bits :thumbsup: ), with OVAL embouchure. OK?

Please send me the total for payment by PAY PAL.

Thanks.

As ever,

Keith.
PS: Please pay my respects to Mrs Tipple and tell her to persist in her efforts to get you to lie down until this blingy fingy goes away ...). :poke:
Denny
antispam: No

Post by Denny »

once a blinger.... :wink:
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by MTGuru »

Doug_Tipple wrote:Actually, I did just make it up, but I thought it was a good choice since our Guru does have a PhD degree in music from a prestigious music school, if I am not mistaken. That's why he knows every tune in the book.
I'm afraid my only doctoral degree is from the Tipple School of Fecund Imagination. But you're very kind, Mr. T. :)
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

MTGuru wrote:
Doug_Tipple wrote:Actually, I did just make it up, but I thought it was a good choice since our Guru does have a PhD degree in music from a prestigious music school, if I am not mistaken. That's why he knows every tune in the book.
I'm afraid my only doctoral degree is from the Tipple School of Fecund Imagination. But you're very kind, Mr. T. :)
OK, like me, you probably dropped out on the last day of class, didn't finish your final assignment, and didn't get the degree. I hate recurring dreams. I'm not wrong about our Guru knowing every tune in the book, though.
keithsandra

Post by keithsandra »

Dr MTGuru: There's a "Tipple School of Fecund Imagination"? :shock: :shock: :shock:

We're doomed. DOOMED I TELLS YER ...

Buy your CLASSIC Tipples now, before they're "doctored" too !!!
plunk111
Tell us something.: Love playing trumpet and modern flute at church as well as Irish trad flute in a band. Been playing Irish trad and 18th century period music for about 15 years.

Post by plunk111 »

I'm not the only ABD on the Chiff??? Cool!!!
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV
ancientfifer

Post by ancientfifer »

But just think, in 200 years, there will be high level discussions on this forum about the historical significance of the blingy versus non-blingy Tipple flutes from way back in the 21st century :wink:
ancientfifer is the chiffer formerly known as fifenwhistle (Dec. 2008-January 2014)
Avatar Photo: Colonial Williamsburg Fifes and Drums, July 4th Parade 1976, broadcasted live nationally on CBS.
Doug_Tipple

Post by Doug_Tipple »

fifenwhistle wrote:But just think, in 200 years, there will be high level discussions on this forum about the historical significance of the blingy versus non-blingy Tipple flutes from way back in the 21st century :wink:
All cynicism aside, lucky for me I won't be here to enjoy that moment. I'm not Rip Van Winkle, and I don't want to be. However, in the meantime I'm having to deal with another "toast" night. You see, my wife, Rita, is a fan of Heywood Banks, and periodically she gets into one of these toast moods. Burnt toast is not one of my favorite smells, but she keeps saying "I like toast" and "you press down the handle and the wires get hot".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BILAFuSi-i0
Doug_Tipple

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Latticino wrote:Nice detailing Doug. You should consider posting a picture of an assembled flute so we can see what it looks like in "play mode"
Orders are slow coming in, so I have had some time to make flutes for a revised group photo. My last flute group photo was years ago when I was using copper tubing as a tenon joint. The picture below is also at my website in a format that allows you to enlarge it to see detail. I also have a photo of the sheets of vinyl used for the faux rings on the page "Decorating Your Flute". I also have the sad news of reporting another birthday this week. I am 68.
Julia Delaney
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Post by Julia Delaney »

I think the rings look great.

Happy birthday from one old codger to another.
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Yes, Happy Birthday!
keithsandra

Post by keithsandra »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DOUG - and many of them! :party: :party: :party:

Your blingless Low C should be with me any day now. Thanks.

The current picture of your blingless black F is bringing me out in TFAD (Tipple Flute Acquisition Disorder - addictive but benign).

Keith.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that bling!
dontf

Post by dontf »

68 isn't so bad, I know people who are even older! Happy Birthday Doug.
huffin' and puffin'