Flute Photos!!! Come post your flute pictures :)

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Doug_Tipple
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Flute Photos!!! Come post your flute pictures :)

Post by Doug_Tipple »

I took some photos today of my pvc flutes with different backgrounds. White objects are not very easy to photograph. I would like your opinion as to your preference, as I plan to use one or more of these for an ebay ad. Thank you. The photos are clickable thumbnails.

Denny

Post by Denny »

I'll take 3 & 4.

The dark green ( 1 & 2 ) does make the flute stand out nicely.

The lighter blue isn't dark enough.

I might like the green more if they were not next to each other.
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
benhall.1
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

I agree with Denny. I'd add that I find the green backgrounds a bit depressing. The blue in 3 and 4 is much nicer and doesn't make me want to drive off the nearest cliff.
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

I'm only looking on my phone, but all look good to me. I think the diagonal textured weave of the purple makes the clearest contrast with the smoothness of the plastic - gives the sharpest image from a purely practical viewpoint. The last, pale blue is IMO aesthetically the 'nicest' (most attractive purely as a colour to my eye), but I also like the mossy green - don't find it depressing like Ben and the flute looks sharper on the green than on the blue. I'd suggest using all of them for variety's sake - if you do all the images on a webpage with the same background colour it'll look a bit monotonous. You could even colour-code backgrounds with feature options or sizes or whatever.
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

As for me, I prefer flutes displayed in the order: headjoint, upper joint, lower joint, so it most nearly approximates the direction of assembly and playing position. Easier to visualize my hand placement. I just can't abide assembled flutes shown with the end of the foot on the left, and the embouchure on the right, particularly on keyed flutes. I know, picky, picky!
Lars Larry Mór Mott
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Lars Larry Mór Mott »

kkrell wrote:As for me, I prefer flutes displayed in the order: headjoint, upper joint, lower joint, so it most nearly approximates the direction of assembly and playing position. Easier to visualize my hand placement. I just can't abide assembled flutes shown with the end of the foot on the left, and the embouchure on the right, particularly on keyed flutes. I know, picky, picky!
*smile* I managed to reverse that in my pic. I don't think i thought much about it, it came to me in the case arranged in the same order as in the pic. Guess i just picked the parts up and arranged them in the same order. :)
the artist formerly known as Mr_Blackwood
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Mr_Blackwood wrote:
kkrell wrote:As for me, I prefer flutes displayed in the order: headjoint, upper joint, lower joint, so it most nearly approximates the direction of assembly and playing position. Easier to visualize my hand placement. I just can't abide assembled flutes shown with the end of the foot on the left, and the embouchure on the right, particularly on keyed flutes. I know, picky, picky!
*smile* I managed to reverse that in my pic. I don't think i thought much about it, it came to me in the case arranged in the same order as in the pic. Guess i just picked the parts up and arranged them in the same order. :)
I was in no way referring to your avatar, or your Murray picture. Since that blackwood is going to change color, you might want to get rid of it, now, before it does. How much for it used?

I am willing to make an exception for flutes photographed IN their cases.
LorenzoFlute

Post by LorenzoFlute »

Number 3...
Antique 6 key French flute for sale: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102436

youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/LorenzoFlute
Lars Larry Mór Mott

kkrell wrote:
Mr_Blackwood wrote:
I was in no way referring to your avatar, or your Murray picture. Since that blackwood is going to change color, you might want to get rid of it, now, before it does. How much for it used?

I am willing to make an exception for flutes photographed IN their cases.
I know you weren't, i just made the reflection :) Btw it's already changed colour, and i am falling deeper and deeper in love with it, i might will it to you, but before then chances are slim i'll get rid of it :D
vultuk

Post by vultuk »

Not as grand as some of the other, really beautiful, flutes in this topic. But here is my new flute. It's a Tony Dixon, purchased only this weekend. It's been a long time since I played Whistle / Flute so i'm just getting back to grips with it but enjoying it none the less! :)

Image Image
Lars Larry Mór Mott

vultuk wrote:Not as grand as some of the other, really beautiful, flutes in this topic. But here is my new flute. It's a Tony Dixon, purchased only this weekend. It's been a long time since I played Whistle / Flute so i'm just getting back to grips with it but enjoying it none the less! :)
Actually the Dixons i have heard have sounded pretty good and are if nothing else very good value fro the money IMO.
vultuk

Post by vultuk »

Mr_Blackwood wrote:Actually the Dixons i have heard have sounded pretty good and are if nothing else very good value fro the money IMO.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I certainly have no complaints about the sound at the moment. I threw a bit of flute on my latest recording literally the first time I took it out of the case and I really liked the sound of it. Just need to work on my technique again! lol. Mainly I was referring to the looks of some of the other flutes in here, I went through a good number of pages of the topic having a good old drool! ;)
mahanpots
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mahanpots »

I like the red..... But then, I'm color blind.
Olwell Pratten.
Paddy Cronin's Jig
Limestone Rock, Silver Spear
Blasting, billowing, bursting forth with the power of 10 billion butterfly sneezes
Jäger

Post by Jäger »

Mr_Blackwood wrote:
vultuk wrote:Not as grand as some of the other, really beautiful, flutes in this topic. But here is my new flute. It's a Tony Dixon, purchased only this weekend. It's been a long time since I played Whistle / Flute so i'm just getting back to grips with it but enjoying it none the less! :)
Actually the Dixons i have heard have sounded pretty good and are if nothing else very good value fro the money IMO.
Absolutely. I have one of those and it gets the job done. Still, I'm waiting to get a "real" flute, but that shouldn't be too long now. But it really did sound quite good when Andreas tried it in Höör i may.
Fye now Johnnie, get up and rin
The hieland bagpipes make a din
Lars Larry Mór Mott

Jäger wrote:
Absolutely. I have one of those and it gets the job done. Still, I'm waiting to get a "real" flute, but that shouldn't be too long now. But it really did sound quite good when Andreas tried it in Höör i may.
True, that was one of the times i have heard the Dixon, so never underestimate the role of the player ;)
Have you ordered a new one?