OT: What's Your Zodiac (Sun) Sign? Theory to be tested

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
vaporlock
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by vaporlock »

If anybody is still keeping track:

Jan 21, 1965 Aquarius

I think I'm a snake
Martin Milner 2

Post by Martin Milner 2 »

MarkV, you got me, I ALWAYS cheat! :wink: But yes, I am a Dune fan, I got the film & TV series versiosn on DVD a few weeks back, and read the books years ago. I thought it was a filmbook, I must've read too quick to catch the bible bit.

Here's one for you from one of my favourite authors:

'When a day that you happen to know is a Wednesday starts off by sounding like Sunday, there is something seriously wrong somewhere.' Name the book and the author.

Vaorlock - I'm still counting - when the thread drops off the front page I'll do another tot up. No more Leos since the last count, and only 2 Librans all told - odd.
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

On 2003-02-26 13:53, Walden wrote:

We find the "astrologer-priests", in the New Testament, being led to the birth of Christ, by seeing His star. They got that one right, anyway.
Here is an interesting point on the tradtional "christmas story" and the famous "star".
The star led the astrologers first to Herod, who planned on killing the "King of the Jews". The star then led the astrologers to Bethlehem, where they found the *young child*(not baby or infant), because after all, they did not speak to Herod and find the child in one night. When the astrologers did not return to Herod, he asertained, from the information from the astrologers, the child at about two years of age, which is why he had all male children under two killed.
This was no ordinary star. It pointed the way, first to Herod and then to Jesus. Was the star of devine origin, or of good intent? The purpose of that becon was not to bear witness to his birth, but as a means of putting him the death. The gospel record does not say who put that light in the sky, but the first century Christans must have had some idea, for the aspotle Paul wrote, at 2 Corinthians 11:14 "And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light."

I love this whistle board. Where else can you have these wonderful, rich discussions?
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
markv

Post by markv »

On 2003-02-27 17:25, Martin Milner 2 wrote:
MarkV, you got me, I ALWAYS cheat! :wink: But yes, I am a Dune fan, I got the film & TV series versiosn on DVD a few weeks back, and read the books years ago. I thought it was a filmbook, I must've read too quick to catch the bible bit.

Here's one for you from one of my favourite authors:

'When a day that you happen to know is a Wednesday starts off by sounding like Sunday, there is something seriously wrong somewhere.' Name the book and the author.

Vaorlock - I'm still counting - when the thread drops off the front page I'll do another tot up. No more Leos since the last count, and only 2 Librans all told - odd.
Ahh good stuff there Martin.

Book: Day of the Triffids
Author: John Wyndham 1903-1969

Are you looking forward to the upcoming Children of Dune series? I have to admit the trailers look impressive.

Mark V.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Hi Mark,

I haven't heard of that one coming yet - not sure when it'll reach the UK. I'll keep my eyes peeled, thanks for the heads up!
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
markv

Post by markv »

On 2003-02-28 10:10, Martin Milner wrote:
Hi Mark,

I haven't heard of that one coming yet - not sure when it'll reach the UK. I'll keep my eyes peeled, thanks for the heads up!
March 16th is the date here. The following link has the trailers burried in it somewhere, they keep changing it.

http://www.scifi.com/dune/

Mark V.
lauragayle
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a musician, a music librarian, and grew up with parents who played bluegrass and gospel music. They also played old-time music and didn't know it. I love folk music -- and have tried to learn the tin whistle off and on for a while. Love the jokes here, the transcriptions, the links to tunes. What fun! So much music, so little time. :)

and I'm...

Post by lauragayle »

Hi-
I'm new, but...

7/11/63
Cancer
left-handed
ENTJ

I was a piano major and still love to perform -- preferably in an ensemble. I like sharing the fun!
Laura Gayle
paulsdad

Post by paulsdad »

June 8, 1953, which makes me a Gemini. This is somewhat ironic because I really am a twin as well.

I used to be somewhat reluctant to speak and play in public. Over the years, I've begun to enjoy getting up in front of a group more and more. I may even turn into a shameless old character one of these days!
aderyn_du
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by aderyn_du »

Martin Milner 2 wrote: No more Leos since the last count, and only 2 Librans all told - odd.
Oh, okay... I'll jump in here though I was trying to be good and not throw my tuppence in. :P I'm a firm believer in astrology (as the gasps echo through cyberspace-- I know, what a shocker! ;-)), and with that, you can add another lovely Libra to the count! With a Capricorn Ascendant, a Virgo Moon, and a Libra Mercury to boot! :thumbsup:

Still not wearing a pink hair ribbon with a yellow dress,
Andrea
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin