the WhistleShop is being slow...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

During the last year I've ordered scores of whistles and books and CDs from Thom. He's always been reliable. Last week I got an order and simply changed my mind about what I wanted. I sent an email asking if I could return it for a refund. In roughly 14 hours I got an email reply from him saying to return the merchandise (close to one hundred dollars worth of stuff) for a refund. I have to think it was some kind of mistake that he didn't reply to you quickly.
Wizzer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Wizzer »

touw said
"I placed an order with them over 2 weeks ago, it took them 2 days to respond, and the money order has been sent out as long, no emails, no anything, certainly not my order"

Hello touw.
It seems that you and some others on the board do not realize the most whistle sales company are a small business. Maybe the owner and one or two employees. There is no huge bank of computer with people sitting there waiting to take orders. Most small business owners put in 100 plus hours a week and grab a day off when it is possible and that's usually every couple of weeks. They have families and lives and often when the business is young they are doing something else to supplement their income.
Please in the future when dealing with a small business bare in mind that they are just that.
Now you could always buy from a Mega Business and find out that they have that big order department but just can never ship you the right product at 3 times the cost.
littlejohngael
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been with Chiff and Fipple since shortly after I bought my first low D. I've learned loads from this community, and I intend to continue to learn and contribute. Many thanks to Dale and everyone who makes this site happen.

Post by littlejohngael »

Deep breaths, Touw, deep breaths. That's what I recommend. I ordered my Kerry Low D from The Whistle Shop and was on pins and needles with excitement waiting for it. Turns out it wasn't in stock, and I had to wait an extra couple of days.

But let me tell you, the wait made it all the sweeter. When I finally held that whistle in my hands, all memory of the wait just disappeared.

It'll happen, friend. It'll happen. (-;

Little John
Jack

Post by Jack »

edit
Last edited by Jack on Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goesto11

Post by goesto11 »

touw, I have one suggestion for you: decaf :wink:

John Mac
Damien

Post by Damien »

heh, you haven't worked with that many LARGE businesses have you? ever tried e-mailing sony? dell? yeah. i think the last time i e-mailed sony, it took them 2 weeks to send me a response. (other than the automated one which has no relevance).

have a little patience. i got an e-mail from theWhistleShop on a sunday. i have respect for anyone who works on sunday, hehe. it took him like 1 day to confirm my order and another to ship it. very speedy considering it's a small business. my apple powerbook on the other hand took 4 days to b e confirmed and 4 more days to be shipped.

also, make sure to have a very informative subject to your e-mails. if i was running a business, i'd throw out any e-mails that didn't have an item number or other descriptive subject matter

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Damien on 2003-02-26 17:06 ]</font>
Jack

Post by Jack »

edit
Last edited by Jack on Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

I love the Whistle Shop, and Thom has promptly answered each and every one of my e-mails and orders. In fact, it's amazing that he can do that, I think.
Love the Coffee picture! :smile:
Mary
McHaffie

Post by McHaffie »

One thing you might consider is the fact that e-mail is no more reliable than the US Post Office. Things can happen, and although it may seem like 'everything else works just fine!!!', it could be that he didn't get the email, or it didn't show up as new mail, or even an accidental deletion....

Lot's of possiblities. You might just send him another email politely stating that you just wanted to make sure he got your first one or something.

I dunno, but I've never heard anything bad about the man. Ever.

Hope it all works out. I'm sure it will.

Take care,
John
"Remember... No matter where you go... there you are..."
-Buckaroo Banzai
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

On 2003-02-26 15:39, touw wrote:
It seems that you and some others on the board do not realize the most whistle sales company are a small business. Maybe the owner and one or two employees.
That doesn't matter. If you have 5,000 employees or 1, and your business is online, you should be able to respond to online queries quickly. That's called good business practice. If not, your business looses money and future customers. It's as simple as that.
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Sorry about the previous post. I had type up a number of comments supporting touw's views on customer service in general. I entered the wrong post password. After reentering it and submitting I discovered all of my comments were gone.
Conley

Post by Conley »

I made an order to The Whistle Shop just last Saturday. On Monday, I received an e-mail saying they got my Paypal notice, but no order and would I please just e-mail what I wanted and they would send it asap. I e-mailed the order this afternoon and received a reply early this evening.

I don't know how the order got lost, it was probably something I did (or didn't do), but they've been quite nice, not to mention prompt, about the whole thing.
Bert

Post by Bert »

Two months and $500 later, I am an extremely pleased Whistleshop customer. I've tried others, but Thom DOES offer the best customer service out there. :smile:
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

All I can say is Ditto ditto ditto . . .

Thom is a good guy and runs his business very well. Nobody's perfect though and problems will arise. But I think you'll find that Thom will come through and make it right. Excellent service is the rule with the Whistle Shop not the exception.

Hang in there!

Vinny

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vinny on 2003-02-27 10:43 ]</font>
Bala

Post by Bala »

Same here.
I just placed another order last week. All is smooth so far. The Whistle Shop rules!
Bala
-\/-
\/\/