Astronomy Spam?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Thomas-Hastay
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Astronomy Spam?

Post by Thomas-Hastay »

The amount of Astronomy postings here borders on SPAM. Does anyone else feel this way? I understand this is an "Open" forum, but what does Astronomy have to do with Tinwhistles and Musical culture? I have nothing against Astronomy, I love it, but please reduce the massive content? I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings. Please post your opinions here... Thanks.
"The difference between Genius and stupidity, is that Genius has its limits" (Albert Einstein)
thomashastay@yahoo.com
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Astronomy Spam?

Post by benhall.1 »

The astronomical number of such postings are down to one member. Pretty much. And I for one am happy for him to continue. He has the decency to keep it out here in the back room. And he gets ribbed mercilessly for doing it. Take a look at how other posters respond to yer man's spacey postings. I bet a man of imagination could come up with some even better/wittier ways (within the spirit of the Board, of course) of coming up with suitable ripostes. It's kind of fun once you get the hang of it.
Denny

Post by Denny »

hasn't been the same since Caroluna quit posting, has it.... :cry:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=71981&p=933289#p933289
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

I'm a fan of 'em. Best thing Denny's done since the Beach Boys.
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
Denny

Post by Denny »

:shock: good sir :shock:

I have never "done" the Beach Boys!

I did see Iron Butterfly in Fresno once :oops:
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

crookedtune wrote:I'm a fan of 'em. Best thing Denny's done since the Beach Boys.
That was Dennis. Denny was in the Mamas and the Papas. And I must say he looks great considering he's been dead for four years.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Thomas-Hastay wrote:The amount of Astronomy postings here borders on SPAM. Does anyone else feel this way? I understand this is an "Open" forum, but what does Astronomy have to do with Tinwhistles and Musical culture? I have nothing against Astronomy, I love it, but please reduce the massive content? I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings. Please post your opinions here... Thanks.
Seriously? Not to be brusque, but this IS the Pub, dude. That's what it's for: astronomy, roadkill polls, cheese, me posting about my cat, whatever. I count Denny's APOD posts as a themed ongoing social contribution entirely suitable for, well, pubs. If you want to stick to whistles or musical culture, then there's the Whistle Forum and the others for you, here. Now chill thee and get a beer.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Jäger

Post by Jäger »

Nanohedron wrote:
Thomas-Hastay wrote:The amount of Astronomy postings here borders on SPAM. Does anyone else feel this way? I understand this is an "Open" forum, but what does Astronomy have to do with Tinwhistles and Musical culture? I have nothing against Astronomy, I love it, but please reduce the massive content? I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings. Please post your opinions here... Thanks.
Seriously? Not to be brusque, but this IS the Pub, dude. That's what it's for: astronomy, roadkill polls, cheese, me posting about my cat, whatever. I count Denny's APOD posts as a themed ongoing social contribution entirely suitable for, well, pubs. If you want to stick to whistles or musical culture, then there's the Whistle Forum and the others for you, here. Now chill thee and get a beer.
If that is the case, then I demand more posts about your cat. Cats get up to so much mischief during the days, there must be many stories to tell. Like posting threads about all the sillyness people's children get up to, only that cats are cute, have tails and generally don't make much noise so long as you feed them properly.

In short: MOAR CATS!
Fye now Johnnie, get up and rin
The hieland bagpipes make a din
dwest

Post by dwest »

Nanohedron wrote: Now chill thee and get a beer.
Why can't we have more beer on this forum? Do we always have to wait till I go home?
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

Denny's hasn't got a permit for it.
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Jäger wrote:...I demand more posts about your cat.
I used to do a series that I titled "My Cat Is So Weird". I think I got as far as installation #6 after which it seemed to me that there really wasn't any more weirdness left to report that is unique to her beyond what is usual.

But did I tell you that her cry isn't so much a meow as it is a bleat? And of course she eats grass. I have a cat-goat.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Nanohedron wrote:
Jäger wrote:...I demand more posts about your cat.
I used to do a series that I titled "My Cat Is So Weird". I think I got as far as installation #6 after which it seemed to me that there really wasn't any more weirdness left to report that is unique to her beyond what is usual.

But did I tell you that her cry isn't so much a meow as it is a bleat? And of course she eats grass. I have a cat-goat.
Go(at)-ka(r)t racing anyone?
Denny

Post by Denny »

crookedtune wrote:Denny's hasn't got a permit for it.
a lot of 'em, in this state, have a full bar
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Thomas-Hastay wrote:The amount of Astronomy postings here borders on SPAM.
Uh ... er ... Are you OK, T-H? Do you need a hug? Maybe a pint?

Spam = unsolicited. APOD = solicited. As in: Denny has been, uh, solicited.

Life tip: Walking into a Pub one never visits, then complaining about the astronomy club over at the corner table ... Probably not a good idea.

Anyway ... I've fixed the forum name. :lol:
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Denny

Post by Denny »

if ya allow musicians into a pub it's a safe bet that they'll take an astronomy break now and then.