MK Whistle waiting list

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Lupus_Rio
antispam: No

MK Whistle waiting list

Post by Lupus_Rio »

Excuse me, can you tell me how long it takes to have an F whistle to MK? 1 year, 5 year 10 year????
I'm waiting for 15 months ... is it possible?
Chino

Re: MK Whistle waiting list

Post by Chino »

Lupus_Rio wrote:Excuse me, can you tell me how long it takes to have an F whistle to MK? 1 year, 5 year 10 year????
I'm waiting for 15 months ... is it possible?
I'm on the waiting list as well for a (red) Low F. Misha told me a few months ago he hoped a batch would be finished in march or april, but he was not sure though.

Moreover, Misha launched satin finished Low D recently, and he's going to launch a new product (The Kelpie, I don't know what it is by the way), so I'm affraid the Low F aren't not ready to leave Scotland! :D

Whatever, as far as I'm concerned, I have no problem to wait for: firstly, because I have got already 2 Low F (Copeland and Kerry Pro), so I can play on Low F; secondly, because I know Misha does his best, he's an obsessive maker (one of the best), totally dedicated to his art. His instruments are fantastic.

So even if I'm very impatient to play an MK low F, I trust him, he hadn't forgotten us and I'm sure the low F will be at least as excellent as the terrific and wonderful black Low D I've got.

So be indulgent and patient Lupus_Rio! :wink:

- Francois
mickey66
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a Professional Musician in Phx, Az. Lived in Calif(Hollywood) for about 10 years(1970's) working in the studios and on the road with stars of the day. Started to follow my roots which took me back to the old country and the Irish Tin Whistle. I wound up here on C&F forum!

Post by mickey66 »

The last time I looked you can only get a Low "D" in black.....anyone know the latest update on colors for this whistle and the wait on it? Thanks in advance!

http://www.tuxedomusic.com
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

I never had any luck contacting Misha, so I went the used route, purchasing two secondhand MK Low Ds.

No waiting list that way :)

I'm guessing that in Ireland black is by far the most popular colour for MKs. I know Paddy Keenan sold his red one to get a black one. Also a guy at Susato told me that plain black was about the only colour they shipped to Ireland. He said the Japanese liked the white engraved ones.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
Chino

Post by Chino »

pancelticpiper wrote:I'm guessing that in Ireland black is by far the most popular colour for MKs. I know Paddy Keenan sold his red one to get a black one.
Fred Morrison has got a black MK as well, but I didn't know Paddy Keenan played an MK.

I've a got a black MK low D (hand polished, not satin finish), and even if it's a bit less original than a red one, I can play it with all my clothes! :lol:

Whatever, I ordered a red Low F to Misha, because low F are funky whistles, and the red finish is really funky. 8)

By the way, I've never had troubles to be in ocntact with Misha: he always answered very kindly to all my emails. He's a professional in every domains. :wink:
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

pancelticpiper wrote:I never had any luck contacting Misha,.... .
Interesting because my experience has been very different. I had quick response, good communication, meaningful discussions. Maybe you just caught him at a bad time....

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Porridge Face

Post by Porridge Face »

Steve Bliven wrote:
pancelticpiper wrote:I never had any luck contacting Misha,.... .
Interesting because my experience has been very different. I had quick response, good communication, meaningful discussions. Maybe you just caught him at a bad time....
Best wishes.
Steve
========================

Same here. Good communication, and very nice guy.
Porridge Face

Michael Burke D Brass Session
Tony Dixon Low F
janmarie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by janmarie »

I've been on the waiting list for a red low F for a couple years +. Misha or his staff have been very responsive to me as well, very professional. Needless to say my anticipation/excitement for his low F is very high. This whistle will complete my little collection ( famous last words, huh). I'm hoping the Kelpie is just a name he chose to describe the low F. I'm such an old kid.
Chino

Post by Chino »

janmarie wrote:Needless to say my anticipation/excitement for his low F is very high.
Oh yes!
janmarie wrote:I'm hoping the Kelpie is just a name he chose to describe the low F.

I'm affraid the Kelpie won't be the new name of the low F...
JTC111

Post by JTC111 »

pancelticpiper wrote:I never had any luck contacting Misha...
Maybe your emails aren't making it through his spam filter for some reason.
Jim

I wish I were a Lord Mayor, a Marquis or an Earl
And blow me if I wouldn't marry old Brown's girl
Blow me if I wouldn't marry old Brown's girl

http://www.jimcaputo.com
LorenzoFlute

Post by LorenzoFlute »

Luuuke, sono tuo padre...

Il low whistle è uno strumento del demonio! Peccatore! Peccatore!
Antique 6 key French flute for sale: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102436

youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/LorenzoFlute
ducks
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by ducks »

davvero?
sophie
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

JTC111 wrote:
pancelticpiper wrote:I never had any luck contacting Misha...
Maybe your emails aren't making it through his spam filter for some reason.
Yes that was probably it.

Back in 2007, before my going over to stay in Glasgow for two weeks, I emailed Misha a couple times inquiring about getting put on his wait list and also if I might visit his shop. I never got a response.

So I advertised here for used MKs and picked up a couple.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
janmarie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by janmarie »

Chino, why did you say "I'm affraid the Kelpie won't be the new name of the low F..." ? Just seemed so perfect to have the MK low F harness in those suductive tones as their treasured bridle.
Chino

Post by Chino »

janmarie wrote:Chino, why did you say "I'm affraid the Kelpie won't be the new name of the low F..." ? Just seemed so perfect to have the MK low F harness in those suductive tones as their treasured bridle.
I say that because I asked the question to Misha! :D Actually, I asked him if I had to save money for the Kelpie, and here was his reply:

"Unfortunately I can't say too much about this just now! I'm not sure whether it'll affect you - probably not I'd say - maybe better to save the pennies for something else :)"

So what's the Kelpie??? :o

A multiple low whistles bag? A display stand? :-? :D