What things are you fussy/not fussy about?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: What things are you fussy/not fussy about?

Post by Nanohedron »

mutepointe wrote:Chopsticks are the duct tape of sticks. I use them for a lot of things. Plant stakes, window props, all sorts of braces, mobiles. When I had long hair, I used them as hair bobs and they work.
Well, this is where I draw a real distinction between disposable and nice, not-intended-to-be-disposable sticks. I wouldn't use the Japanese ones I keep at home for my personal use for anything like that unless I were in a true bind, but fortunately I have a couple I could spare if it really came to that. For dedicated duct-tape chopstickery, usually I just go get a meal at the China Express to be polite before I leave with a couple or so extra packs of the disposables that sit there in their bin for the taking. And they're free. Except for the meal. But, I'd eventually go there anyway if I'm in a hurry.

I hope the ones you stuck in your hair at least never touched food prior to that. Even if you washed them. Yes, I'm fussy.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Nanohedron wrote: I have SO tried to not be fussy about that one. I mean, really. If I were a woman I'd tie my hair in a bun and chuck a knife and fork in it for "hairpins", just to see if anyone gets the point.
You know, I searched and I could not find an image of a fork and spoon used to hold a hair style.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

I.D.10-t wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: I have SO tried to not be fussy about that one. I mean, really. If I were a woman I'd tie my hair in a bun and chuck a knife and fork in it for "hairpins", just to see if anyone gets the point.
You know, I searched and I could not find an image of a fork and spoon used to hold a hair style.
I know! And it's such an obvious joke, when you think about it.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Challenge to the C&F ladys! Fork and spoon to hold up hair photos.

(never going to happen)
Last edited by I.D.10-t on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

I double-dog dare 'em.
dwest

Post by dwest »

I used a portion of bamboo chopstick to restore a very old and valuable bamboo flyrod last year, the owner was in a rush and he wanted it like.....well, chop-chop. It was actually very fine work, I didn't stick it to him in the least. :poke:
emmline

Post by emmline »

I.D.10-t wrote:Challenge to the C&F ladys! Fork and spoon to hold up hair photos.

(never going to happen)
Because they won't work.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Getting the Tune names right, or at least, making an effort. There is an entire generation of musicians out there who think the tune is called "Leather Away the Bottle" because the Blue Book prints the title that way. Leather away the Wattle, maybe... "Waves of Tory? Never heard of it!" AAAAARGH!
I've given up. In getting the job done, nowadays I just say, "Do you know the one that goes like this: Dydle ee deedle dee deedle dee dum...?". If they reply, "Oh, that's 'The Night We Spent In Jail'," and I say, "I know it as 'The Walls Of Liscarroll'," then maybe we have a possibly interesting conversation.
Innocent Bystander wrote:Wilful ignorance. Ignorance I can bear. Wilful ignorance gets my dander up.

Apart from that, I'm perfectly serene, as long as I get my own way.... :wink:
Yes, and yes. :thumbsup:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

emmline wrote:
I.D.10-t wrote:Challenge to the C&F ladys! Fork and spoon to hold up hair photos.

(never going to happen)
Because they won't work.
You've tried! Brave, doughty Emm. I knew we could count on you. :thumbsup:

But you could hold the hair up with stuff that works (pins or even a snood, perhaps), and then just put in the knife and fork only for the look of it. Right? Maybe? You totally should. :wink:
dwest

Post by dwest »

Nanohedron wrote:
emmline wrote:

(never going to happen)
Because they won't work.
You've tried! Brave, doughty Emm. I knew we could count on you. :thumbsup:

But you could hold the hair up with stuff that works (pins or even a snood, perhaps), and then just put in the knife and fork only for the look of it. Right? Maybe? You totally should. :wink:
Hair forks have an extremely long tradition of successful use world wide.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

No, no, you gotta stick the handle end in. The tines ARE the decorative element. Display 'em.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Please don't tell anyone I'm doughty. If I can manage it, I'll give it a try (possibly on a model,) and post a pic later.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

I, for one, await the outcome with rapt anticipation. I've wanted to see that for years. :party:
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

Who would we tell? Who do we know? It's not like anyone could make it the cover of a CD for international sale or anything.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

emmline wrote:Please don't tell anyone I'm doughty. If I can manage it, I'll give it a try (possibly on a model,) and post a pic later.
Could be worse. You could be stout. :poke:
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!