Rutzen on ebay

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
dunnp
antispam: No

Rutzen on ebay

Post by dunnp »

There is a John Rutzen flute on ebay about to go for well below value. New they run £300 or so. I haven't played a Rutzen so can't recomend it personally but clearly if this goes for around the list price it is a deal. I think the lack of interest is because it looks like a no name pakistani flute from the listing and appearance of the case but Im fairly certain because of the plastic head and blackwood body and white ring it is a Rutzen Also the seller replied to someone it is marked JR. I hope I'm doing someone a favor but calling attention and not a diservice to someone here hoping to bid at the last minute. Take Care, Pat

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT
dunnp

Re: Rutzen on ebay

Post by dunnp »

Finished at 80 pound. Still a nice price considering what they are new not much mention of Rutzen flutes here on the board.
Never seen one in person even in Ireland.
Julia Delaney
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Post by Julia Delaney »

So if the list price had been £600 it would have been an even better buy? I have a couple of flutes to sell you. The list price is £1,200. I'll sell them to you for £200 each. And one comes with a famous bridge.
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
McGoldrickfan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by McGoldrickfan »

Just had to register on here to come and say Thankyou to Pat for the heads up!
I have been looking for an irish flute for a while now and have just been successful in winning the Rutzen!! :)
Incredibly happy! Have been scanning this forum for months now, so I guess now i can be a legit member with my new flute I better start contributing :lol:

Again, many thanks!! :D
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by BigDavy »

Here is what the flute maker says about his flutes.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
dunnp

Post by dunnp »

List price ie start price of the ebay listing 60 pound. I was saying if it went near the 60 pound mark it is in all likelyhood
a good buy for a non pakistani ebay flute item that sells new for 300 from Rutzen and upwards to 400 from internet sites. Well below half price. Only trying to be helpful and let people know this flute may not be a no name. No need to get snarky, David. If your suggesting it is a lousy flute you could come out and say it being helpful. Hope you enjoy the flute. Now anyone know about Rutzens? They were sold through Hobgoblin for years.
Doesn't sound terrible in this clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ-TgWP9in8
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

BigDavy wrote:Here is what the flute maker says about his flutes.

David
And what do those of you who have played a Rutzen have to say about them?

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
LorenzoFlute

Post by LorenzoFlute »

Doesn't sound terrible in this clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ-TgWP9in8
It sounds quite bad to me, although it may sound better played by someone else...
Antique 6 key French flute for sale: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102436

youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/LorenzoFlute
Julia Delaney
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Post by Julia Delaney »

Only trying to be helpful and let people know this flute may not be a no name. No need to get snarky, David. If your[sp.] suggesting it is a lousy flute you could come out and say it [,]being helpful.
I don't want to put down anybody's flute, but I agree with O. For less money the buyer could have been playing a Tipple, which I think is the most bang for the buck. The fact that something is being sold at less than list price doesn't make it a deal. A six-keyed Olwell being sold for twice the list price would be a good deal. It's only a good deal if the flute is in tune, and plays nicely. Compare the clip listed above with this clip of the Tipple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvAPt6V3GDY
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
BigDavy

Post by BigDavy »

Hi dunnp

I was merely posting a link to the maker's own information on his flutes, if that makes me snarky in your opinion, so be it.

David
Denny

Post by Denny »

drat, I was so hoping that you'd come back and explain that as some Scot thing that made sense...
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
BigDavy

Post by BigDavy »

Denny

If it made sense, it would likely not be a Scots thing. :lol: :lol:

David
Denny

Post by Denny »

touche :lol:
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
dunnp

Post by dunnp »

Sorry bigdavy not you, I've met you and think you're a lovely chap. I would like to make it out to the Oranmore again but am awfully tied up with a new baby. Will get out soon. I meant Julia (David). His reply seemed a bit snarky to me. I thought it looked a fair price and I think there was less interest due to the flute being advertised with no name. Tipples are good flutes I've tried them, clearly Ben Jaber is an excellent player, wonder what he'd sound like on the Rutzen. I still like my flutes conical. I hope this turns out to be a good deal for Mcgoldrick fan. If I had the money and were presented with the two flutes (Tipple or Rutzen) on ebay and asked which one I would bid on I'd still have taken the Rutzen for around 60 pound, the listing price. A very good deal providing it is not total crap. Since neither David or I have tried one I guess we're both just pissing in the wind. David may be right maybe Mcgoldrick fan should have went with a tipple. I'd have taken the gamble at the price I guess David would not have, fair enough.
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Please keep the Chiffboard policy against Price Policing in mind. It's in place for a reason.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55556

- Mod.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.