Reptiles on the Loose

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Reptiles on the Loose

Post by Nanohedron »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Bathrooms never have enough food. [snip] I've mentioned to the wife about having at least a tin of biscuits in there, but she frowns on the suggestion for some reason.
Erm, yeah...about that....

How do I put this? ...Ah, here we go:

Yes, that's certainly a way of killing two gastrointestinal birds with one stone, but the appeal of efficiency that direct is frankly lost on me (not to put too fine a point on it, but the discreet charm of the bourgeoisie is about certain standards after all, so I'm forced to do just that).
Innocent Bystander wrote:What makes it worse is the current craze for soaps that smell like chocolate and bath-bombs that look like iced fancies ( wee buns. I don't know what the American translation is).
Madness. Insanity. Nano does not approve. But what is a bath-bomb? Sounds like a particularly meanspirited roadblock to world peace; y'know, blast 'em while they're lolling in the tub.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

I feel so useful today :D

or "here ya go cupcake" :twisted:
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Whatever happened to the time-honored, good ol' cigar?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

:lol: good question :lol:
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

I've always thought of iced fancies as being something different to cupcakes. In my childhood, they were generally small cubes of sponge covered in coloured cake icing. I see that other people, even this side of the pond, do now seem to include certain types of cupcakes in the definition, but they still need to be covered in cake icing (preferably hard icing) to be classsed as "iced fancies". (Fondant fancies would be covered in soft, fondant icing.)

Bath bombs are usually spherical and, when dry, feel like tennis-ball sized lumps of pumice. However, chuck one in the bath and the thing will effervesce, producing loads of scented bubbles and fizzing in a strangely comforting way.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

benhall.1 wrote:Bath bombs are usually spherical and, when dry, feel like tennis-ball sized lumps of pumice. However, chuck one in the bath and the thing will effervesce, producing loads of scented bubbles and fizzing in a strangely comforting way.
Why, it'd be just like living in a movie.
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

I am extremely disappointed that these reptiles do not cause general mayhem although I am glad that harm rarely comes to them.

I've never heard the term "iced fancies". I would imagine a selection of pastries with a glaze, rather than icing. I am glad I've never been invited to sample "iced fancies". I don't like cupcakes or cake generally. I would feel deceived.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.

Post by benhall.1 »

You don't like cake! You'll be telling me you don't like apple pie next ...
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

mutepointe wrote:I am extremely disappointed that these reptiles do not cause general mayhem...
Well, it's not like I didn't try with my 2nd pic. I hope someone flinched.
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

I thought your first and second pics were just cute.

:love:
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

I like cheesecake and pound cake. To which my wife always responds, "You like the two @#$% cakes without icing." Growing up, I always had a pumpkin pie for my birthday. Now I don't have birthdays. Baklava is the only perfect pastry. And no chocolate drizzle on the Baklava either! Butter cookies are OK too.
白飞梦
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

benhall.1 wrote:I thought your first and second pics were just cute.

:love:
In your finding those cute, I determine that you have ice in your veins...this equation is driving me nuts.

I did choose the first one for cuteness; I like anoles and enjoy watching them do anole things. The second I chose because MTGuru finds those scary, and Gatorzard had a nice in-your-face and grumpy quality to him, sort of like the people at the Help Desk. Not cute. But, cute to you......I don't want to overthink this.

For my money, you can't beat a tuatara for cute, especially this fellow:

mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

You guys may be squabbling over cute and scary but for cool this is your lizard:
Jesus Christ Lizard
Cool name. Cool trick. You can go home now.
白飞梦
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

I can't for the life of me see how we went from lizards to iced fancies. Lizards don't even like iced fancies. I don't think.

This gets my nomination for one of the strangest thread drifts ever.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

oh, this is just a weekday thread.
白飞梦