The Zodiac Sign Change

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

What will you be doing about the change?

1. Not a @#$% thing.
53%
2. I will read up on my new zodiac sign and be convinced that is really me.
No votes
3. I will weep and wail that I was deceived my whole life.
5%
4. I will weep and wail that I will have to change my personality.
5%
5. I will modify my zodiac tattoo.
No votes
6. I will thoroughly research this news to thoroughly mock the believers in astrology.
No votes
7. I will go to court and legally change the names of all of my children because they were named after the zodiac.
No votes
8. I will discuss this further with my astrologer and psychic.
11%
9. I will change my pick-up lines.
11%
10. Other.
16%

Total votes: 19

mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

The Zodiac Sign Change

Post by mutepointe »

Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
emmline
antispam: No

Re: The Zodiac Sign Change

Post by emmline »

I will chuckle and note that if Sagittarius isn't working for me, I can be an Ophiuchus if I want to.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

My wife & I have the same zodiac sign and although our sign changes, we remain together. Every day she reads her horoscope and every day when she is done, I ask her to read mine. If we have company, she'll actually read it.
白飞梦
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Numbers 9 and 10.

9: "Hey, I'm usually an Aries but if Pisces is what you want, I am totally your man."

10: A couple of days ago someone mentioned it and I cried, "They've repealed the zodiac?!! How cool is that." And promising to look it up the next day, I completely forgot about the whole thing until now.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Numbers 3 and 4. Absolutely. :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Denny may even be inclined to verify the fact that Astronomers and Astrologers are two different animals. Astronomers observe that the constellations are not what they were in 2000 BC. Astrologers reply "we know that. We just like to work with the old way." Old news. Maybe you missed it the last time it came out.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Old news. Maybe you missed it the last time it came out.
Naw...made all the sense in the world, too, but I don't recall any flutter about the astrological implications, and (surprise) I didn't really think about it. But now that they've pointed it out and made a huge deal out of it, well...all sorts of fresh fodder for carrying on with, isn't there. :thumbsup:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Denny may even be inclined to verify the fact that Astronomers and Astrologers are two different animals. Astronomers observe that the constellations are not what they were in 2000 BC. Astrologers reply "we know that. We just like to work with the old way." Old news. Maybe you missed it the last time it came out.
I knew it was old news, and not really worth getting my panties into a bunch over. Which is why my choices were made with my tongue planted very firmly in my cheek ;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

No-one's sign is changing.

The following from Heartlandconnection.com :

"As it turns out, the change in the zodiac probably won’t affect you at all.

Western astrology does not structure the zodiac around the positions of constellations.

Rather, the zodiac used in the United States is based solely on dates.

In other words, western astrology is no longer in line with the original zodiac constellations anyway.

For instance, Virgo is always August 23 to September 23.

Additionally, the change in the zodiac only affects people born on or after 2009, even in eastern astrology."
Denny

Post by Denny »

ah, so....too little, too late then
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

I'm ASSUMING if the one choice is Western Astrology, the other choice must be Eastern Astrology. I'm going with the greater validity of Eastern Astrology. Western Astrology just sounds ridiculous.
白飞梦
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Denny may even be inclined to verify the fact that Astronomers and Astrologers are two different animals. Astronomers observe that the constellations are not what they were in 2000 BC. Astrologers reply "we know that. We just like to work with the old way." Old news. Maybe you missed it the last time it came out.
You are obviously not aware of the largest serious extant astrological trad. in the world - Hindu astrology which embraces http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidereal_astrology
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Just to add, that despite my Hindu background I prefer Western astrology for character analysis. I will explain why in response to this post
emmline wrote:I will chuckle and note that if Sagittarius isn't working for me, I can be an Ophiuchus if I want to.
Lets say you have this lovely tub chair and it faces towards an eastern window and you can see the autumn sunrise through that window. Behind your tub chair is a massive sliding room divider with sections painted in different colours but at this point in time you have the section painted mauve behind you. When you sit there in Autumn, every sunrise the sun falls on your face and a little bird outside your window sees this. In other seasons you need to divide your room differently so that another section of the divider in a different colour is behind the tub chair and as the sun rises at a different point on the horizon it does not catch your face. So, for instance, in spring, the green section may be behind your tub chair and the birdie noticies that when the the green is behind the chair the sun does not shine on you in the mornings.

One autumn day you decide to do some rearrangement in that room and you inadvertently have left the divider so that the green section is behind your chair. Early the next morning the birdie sees you sitting in the chair with the green behind you (instead of the usual mauve) and notices to his great surprise and confusion that the sun is shining on your face. The birdie, being a very intelligent creature (but still a male after all), is thinking GREEN means SPRING when emmline's face doesn't catch the rising sunlight as she sits in the chair, so why is her face aglow?
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Her face is aglow because she put something extra in her morning tea? (I'm a Westerner.)
白飞梦
emmline

Post by emmline »

talasiga wrote:so why is her face aglow?
It's probably the lighted magnifier I'm considering to help me see anything close up these days. Dang presbyopia.