USA, Honolulu Hawaii

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
clark
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've played Irish flute most of my life. My band Celtic Waves has been performing in Honolulu for the last 17 years.

USA, Honolulu Hawaii

Post by clark »

The sessions here are mostly house sessions. If you are visiting just give me shout (clarkr@hawaii.edu) and we'll probably call one just for you.

However, Kelley O'Neil's (311 Lewers) is a pub in Waikiki that hosts a couple of local Irish bands who take turns playing every Sunday from 4-7. The 1st and 3rd Sunday is Kaimana Ceili Band and the 2nd and 4th Sunday is my band, Celtic Waves (www.celticwaves.net). While these are more performances than session at this venue we welcome visitors to sit in with us. We will be flexible with our set lists to accomodate, as best we can, some of your favorite tunes.

Clark
LimuHead
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

Too cool!

I'll be coming home to my father's retirement party at the end of May (in Ewa Beach), and would love to hook up with you guys! I'll have my whistles and fiddle....

I was only aware of a Sunday night session in Maui, and was planning to make it to that if I could figure out the time/place, but it looks like I'll be able to make it to 2 different sessions if I hook up with you guys! WAY COOL!

I'll be in touch!

Aldon :D
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
clark
Tell us something.: I've played Irish flute most of my life. My band Celtic Waves has been performing in Honolulu for the last 17 years.

Re: USA, Honolulu Hawaii

Post by clark »

There is a regular seisiun at a pub in Waikiki (Kelley O'Neil's, 311 Lewers St.). It is held on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month from 5-8pm. It is run by Wilson Pang (nice Irish name) at wpangster@gmail.com. This is a fairly slow seisiun with a very welcoming group of folks. Beginners are welcome and they'll even give you time to use music.
The faster seisiun are on an ad-hoc basis and are usually run by various members of a local trad band called Celtic Waves (http://www.celticwaves.net) Go to their web-site or Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/celticwaves?ref=hl) to contact them about any seisiun or other Irish happenings.
clark

Re: USA, Honolulu Hawaii

Post by clark »

An update to the session info in Honolulu. The session are now held at Anna O'Brien's Pub Upstairs (2440 S. Beretania St.: 946-5190) on the 1st and 3rd Sundays from 5-8pm or so. Clark Ratliffe from the local band Celtic Waves (www.celticwaves.net) is one of the hosts. He can be contacted at clark@celticwaves.net
This has morphed into a combination session and ceili. Irish dancers often show up and dance along. It is a lively session with the tunes mostly at dance tempo, although this very welcoming group is fine with a beginner starting something at a slower pace.