Plough and Stars Session, Philadelphia, USA

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
Jayhawk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Plough and Stars Session, Philadelphia, USA

Post by Jayhawk »

Any board members regulars at the Plough and Stars in Philly? I will be there in April and am trying to connect with someone beforehand to make sure of the time on Sunday and that it is still an open session.

Thanks,
Eric
PB+J
Tell us something.: I'm a historian and the author of "The Beat Cop:Chicago's Chief O'Neill and the Creation of Irish Music," published by the University of Chicago in 2022. I live in Arlington VA and play the flute sincerely but not well

Re: Plough and Stars Session, Philadelphia, USA

Post by PB+J »

This is not answering your question but there is a great session Saturdays, 4-7 at Fergies on Sansom St.
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Shoot...I'll be at a wedding Saturday night, and I suspect my wife would not be amused if I attended a session instead of her cousin's wedding. I heard back on the session about the Plough and Stars, though, and we're staying an extra night just so I can check that out. So I'll be at that session for sure 4/23. We even have friends from Philly joining us that night, too.

Eric
PB+J
Tell us something.: I'm a historian and the author of "The Beat Cop:Chicago's Chief O'Neill and the Creation of Irish Music," published by the University of Chicago in 2022. I live in Arlington VA and play the flute sincerely but not well

Post by PB+J »

LOL

I'll be up in Philly the day before Easter for a family party. Temped to slip out and head downtown. Hmm Easter Sunday, would that session be on?
Jayhawk

Post by Jayhawk »

If it snows and the session is on, I would assume Easter Snow would be mandatory! LOL. Message darinkelly on the session. He responded to me about the Plough and Stars session just today.

Eric
soundsgood
Tell us something.: My name is Elaine and I'm interested in playing flute. I've just begun learning Irish flute and hoped to join the Chiff and Fipple forums to seek advice from more experienced players on techniques, recommended learning materials, upcoming trad music events in my area, and to potentially find a local teacher. The forum seems like it would be a very helpful online community for beginners like myself.

Post by soundsgood »

Have a great time checking it out! Hope the weather cooperates too. Let me know how it goes - maybe I'll have to plan a trip to Philly myself sometime if the sessions there are any good. Enjoy the rest of your trip!