Celtic Festival in Wheeling, WV

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
plunk111
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Celtic Festival in Wheeling, WV

Post by plunk111 »

I don't see a lot of activity on this sub-forum, but thought I'd post anyway...

The Wheeling Celtic Festival is this weekend (Saturday, March 2nd) at the downtown Artisan Center. There is a "pre-show" by Gallowglass (my group) at the West Virginia Independence Hall (courtroom on the top floor) starting at 6:30PM on Friday, March 1st, with a pre-show by a couple of local youngsters followed by us at 7:00. We will also be playing from 2:15 to 3:00 at the main event on Saturday. You can check out the entire lineup HERE or HERE. Hope to see you there!!!
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV
angelablueskies
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a lifelong flutist, and have played classical/world music professionally for many years. I also work with sound as a tool for mindfulness and healing, and am heading in a new direction in learning Irish traditional music.

Re: Celtic Festival in Wheeling, WV

Post by angelablueskies »

[Thread revival. - Mod]

Does this festival happen every year? Is there a website about it? I followed the links in the previous post, and it didn't lead to anything recent.
plunk111

Post by plunk111 »

Sorry - didn't see this reply until now! It is (was) a yearly event on the first Saturday of March, but due to you-know-what it is much downsized. Not sure if it's going to happen this year.
plunk111

Post by plunk111 »

UPDATE: Just got this from one of my old band mates...

There will be two this year, the Artisan Center on Saturday March 12, and Oglebay at Camp Russell on Saturday March 19. Oglebay’s is already advertised. The Artisan Center’s is being ironed out.