Traditional Songs of the North of Ireland

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Seanduine

Post by Seanduine »

Derek Bell's sudden and tragic death last week has I'm sure saddened all who have a love of traditional music and its lore. His death brought to mind a book I bought a couple of years ago called "Traditional Songs of the North of Ireland". The book was compiled by Derek and his fellow Belfast man Liam Ó Conchubhair and is a thoroughly excellent collection of mainly Ulster songs. I wonder if any others have enjoyed this book also.
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tyghress »

This isn't going to be too helpful, I know, but I heard some lovely songs from a CD called The Golden Thorn...except the real name was in Gaelic. I think the phonetic words were An Dailg Or. No, I don't have the woman's name either. But the CD was of songs associated more closely with the north.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
aliceflynn
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by aliceflynn »

What a loss to us all, the passing of Derek Bell. Thanks for posting the info about his songbook. For those interested in an excellent source of more songs of the north as well as other music locations of ITM, fiddle recordings and more, go to
http://www.ulstersongs.com