Tap Room Trio

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Steve Bliven
antispam: No

Tap Room Trio

Post by Steve Bliven »

Anyone know of a source for Harry Bradley et al's recording "Tap Room Trio" from 2002 (I think). The usual sources seem to be out.

Thanks, best wishes, and happy holidays.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Tap Room Trio

Post by kenny »

You're in luck Steve. I bought a copy from our local traditional music CD supplier a few months ago to support him as the current times are difficult for him. In the spirit of Christmas , and Scotland-USA musical friendship, it would be my pleasure to send it to you, in the knowledge that it is going somewhere where it will be appreciated.
I may still have your address, but probably best to send me a PM.
A' the best, Kenny
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

As most of you know, Kenny is most kind and generous in sharing music, what with his postings on YouTube, his radio show, and acts like this.

Thanks Kenny and best wishes for the holidays and the new year to him and all the rest of the C&F participants.

Steve
Seanie

Post by Seanie »

Well done Kenny. A great musician and all round nice guy.

Happy Christmas

John
kenny

Post by kenny »

Hope you had a good Christmas too, John. Steve - posted CD today, hope it arrives soon. Please let us know what you think of it when it arrives.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Like I'd be apt to say anything negative about Harry Bradley et al... :D Thanks again Kenny.

And best wishes for the new year to Kenny and all others who have made these forums (fora?) enjoyable for the year.

Steve
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

CD arrived today. Thanks again Kenny. I've only had a chance to give it a brief listen so will listen more carefully and comment later. However, these are three of my favorite musicians so it will be difficult not to be biased.

Best wishes and Happy New Year.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

kenny wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:46 pm Steve - posted CD today, hope it arrives soon. Please let us know what you think of it when it arrives.
Finally got a chance to listen to the CD on good speakers (i.e.,not computer speakers or those in the car). I'm biased toward anything these three (Harry Bradley, Jesse Smith and John Blake) produce. That said, this recording from almost two decades ago, doesn't demonstrate some of the subtleties of their more recent playing. Not brash, but maybe "strident". Now, this may be less in their playing than in the sound engineering on the recording—I'm really not qualified to judge. To my ear, there was a bit too much emphasis on the top end of the sound spectrum by the engineering. That allowed the flute and particularly the fiddle to stand out clearly but was a bit much for me.

That said, I'm delighted to have the CD and it's one, like other Harry Bradley recordings, that I'll listen to over and over trying to sort out and attempt understand what he's doing and how. And I continue to be fascinated by John Blake's mastery of a wide variety of instruments and his stylistic takes on the tunes.

Again, thanks Kenny, both for the CD and for all the tunes you share on YouTube and your other outlets.

Best wishes.

Steve