Sessions in South Bend, IN

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
DrRedstone
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Avid flutist and whistler, looking for a community to discuss both instruments and get recommendations for purchases/upgrades to said instruments.

Sessions in South Bend, IN

Post by DrRedstone »

Does anyone know of any sessions in or near South Bend, IN?
stanton135
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi Nano. I was somewhat active on the Chiffboards maybe 5 or 6 years ago, participating in several whistle tours (Bracker, Hardy, Ellis). I took a break from the Chiffboards, and music mostly, for several years because I got a full-time job and had a baby. I'm easing back into the music, though (which is great, I missed it). It's good to be back!

Re: Sessions in South Bend, IN

Post by stanton135 »

Yes, there's a weekly Monday night session at Fiddler's Hearth, led by John Kennedy of Kennedy's Kitchen. I attend during summer break. Welcoming people, good atmosphere. It starts at around 6:30 or 7.

Weather permitting, we're playing outside right now. If the weather forces us inside, I believe the pub is limiting it to four players at a time, to allow for distancing.

Hope to see you there!
jim stone

Re: Sessions in South Bend, IN

Post by jim stone »

I lived in SB, IN for a year a good while ago, and I don't remember times and locations, but Notre Dame is heavily Irish and there was a great deal of ITM going on, sessions and so on. If you go I predict you will find plenty of opportunities.