Kitty Hayes Tribute Concert : a few more clips added

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Cayden

Kitty Hayes Tribute Concert : a few more clips added

Post by Cayden »

Not sure it's useful posting it to the forum but I'd like to draw your attention to a concert to be held in Glor in Ennis Co Clare on nov 15th paying tribute to Kitty Hayes, at 81 still flying it.

Kitty will be joined in the concert by friends Eoin O'Neill (bouzouki), myself (pipes and flute), Josephine Marsh (accordeon, fiddle and concertina), Mick Kinsella (harmonica and concertina) and Dympna O Sullivan (concertina). Singer Tim Dennehy will also take part and be MC for the night.

We're all looking forward to the night and hope to see as many familiar faces.

Info at Glor Website
Last edited by Cayden on Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seanie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Seanie »

Hello Peter

I won't be there but I wish you, Kitty and the rest a good night. It would be great to see Kitty surrounded by her good friends.

Keep well

John Moran
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

I can record it for you (or get Mat Purcell to do it). I was over at Mick and Josephine's with Kitty on monday night to select the tunes and we had a lovely sound going if I say so myself.

We'll be playing at Dympna O Sullivan's launch tomorrow by the way, she finally got the CD together.

Kitty is really flying it, she played in Rathcoole last weekend, we did the Masters of Tradition in Bantry House in August and she did a special concert there as well with Martin Hayes and Denis Cahill. Not a bother on her.
Seanie

Post by Seanie »

Hello Peter,

A recording would be great all right. I will order Dympnas cd from Custys.

We were in Miltown around Halloween but everyone had the flu so we didn't stir out.

Enjoy the night

John
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Wishing attendance were an option. I have much enjoyed the "They'll be Good Yet" CD. She is a great talent. If I maintain my practice, I'll be lucky to be a quarter so good, but do hope to still be playing at 81. It is an appreciably venerable age and accomplishment.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
JohnnyQ

Post by JohnnyQ »

Myself and the better-half are going.
I hadn't realised it was on till I went to book tickets for Flook. They'll be two very different nights methinks. :D
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

It was a lovely night in Glor, there was a good crowd and everything was just right. Another memorable night.

I have uploaded a few clips for those who weren't there

First of Kitty and Dympna OSullivan with Eoin on the bouzouki playing Maid of Mt Cisco set

Second of 'Kitty Hayes Band' that came on the after the break: Kitty, Eoin, myself on pipes, Josephine Marsh on accordeon and Mick Kinsella harmonica
Galway Rambler/London Lasses

the MP3s have suffered a bit downsizing them to filesizes manageable for the not broadband connected.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Peter Laban wrote:It was a lovely night in Glor, there was a good crowd and everything was just right. Another memorable night.

I have uploaded a few clips for those who weren't there

First of Kitty and Dympna OSullivan with Eoin on the bouzouki playing Maid of Mt Cisco set

Second of 'Kitty Hayes Band' that came on the after the break: Kitty, Eoin, myself on pipes, Josephine Marsh on accordeon and Mick Kinsella harmonica
Galway Rambler/London Lasses

the MP3s have suffered a bit downsizing them to filesizes manageable for the not broadband connected.
Thanks for those, Peter. Lovely stuff there.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Montana

Post by Montana »

Thanks for posting the clips, Peter! :D

It does sound like there was a good crowd there and Kitty sounded flawless. Some mighty stuff. :)
djm

Post by djm »

Can't get either link to play - "Page was reset." Are you sure the link is posted correctly?

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Montana

Post by Montana »

djm,
anniemcu and I were able to listen to the links so I think they were posted properly.
I was able to both play and download.
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

I had a request for more so I have posted three more files.

First Kitty, Dympna and Eoin playing a set of reels: Corner House/Old Torn Petticoat

Second the ‘band’ (Josephine playing the fiddle here and Mick both concertina and harmonica) playing the slip jigs: An Cheannabhain Bhana/Hardiman the Fiddler

And finally the last bit of the regular set, with Dympna joining the band on the Bflat/F concertina. Tim Dennehy does the introduction and sings a parting song before we blast off into Cooley's jigs
This last file is 3.4MB, in case you’re on a connection like the one I am on myself.

Last edited by Cayden on Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flutey1

Post by flutey1 »

Thanks very much for posting those, Peter! They're a real treat to listen to.

cheers,
Sara
Azalin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

Sorry I missed this, I was actually in Galway that night as I took a lesson with Claire and went at Breda's session later on so could not make it to Ennis... but hopefully you'll setup such a concert next year and hopefully will be able to go :-)