The Kane sisters in action...

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Azalin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

The Kane sisters in action...

Post by Azalin »

... musically of course. I recorded this great session at the Catskills festival, the whole session was jaw dropping and I think it's the best recording I ever made. I was just listening to this clip of the Kane sisters playing some Fahy tunes and it's simply mesmerizing. I'm sure most of you will agree with me, I'm usually not a big fan of that I can 'power fiddling' but heck you gotta be deaf not to have your blood pressure rise listening to this.

http://www.metayer.info/mp3/R09_0068.MP3

* this clip is 7.64MB, high speed certainly required...
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

I almos forgot... as a bonus, you get Mary Bergin playing the last tune on a flat whistle!
meemtp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by meemtp »

Good stuff! Thanks for posting...I love the Kanes...oh yeah they're great fiddle players too! :D
Corin
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Oh, yeah! Thank you so much! They were down at Augusta right after and they're amazing. Thank you!!!!! :-)
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Oh, this is great, Az! The A part of that second tune makes me think of a twisty "Poor Scholar." Beautiful stuff, and great recording! Is that Joanie Madden in the background early on? :lol: So supportive! ;-) ... Thanks again!
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
colomon
Tell us something.: Whistle player, aspiring C#/D accordion and flute player, and aspiring tunesmith. Particularly interested in the music of South Sligo and Newfoundland. Inspired by the music of Peter Horan, Fred Finn, Rufus Guinchard, Emile Benoit, and Liz Carroll.

I've got some compositions up at http://www.harmonyware.com/tunes/SolsTunes.html

Post by colomon »

And they will be at Goderich next week. Big summer for them!
Sol's Tunes (new tune 2/2020)
mcurry

Post by mcurry »

I saw them perform on Friday, and they were both amazing players and a whole lot of fun. Oh, and they mentioned that they'll be teaching at East Durham again next summer, and also at the Banjo Burke Festival this coming October.

Thanks for posting the excellent recording!
Michael Curry
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

I just love listening to this clip for some reason, I think it's the switch to the lower tunes, these days the low tunes get my really excited :-) But I got another clip of Edel Fox and Tim Collins playing in duo, and it drives me crazy (in the good way!).