Martin Connolly - RIP

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Martin Connolly - RIP

Post by Mr.Gumby »

The death has occurred, on July 2nd, 'after a long illness' of Killaloe (Ennis based) accordionplayer and photographer Martin Connoilly.

A fine accordion player,and maker of the Kincora accordion, I have heard him play lovely stuff in recent years with Eileen O'Brien and people like that. And there's the recordings The Fort of Kincora and Back to Brooklyn, with Maureen Glynn Connolly.

He'd always have a few comments if he saw you attempt a snap or two. Or initiate a conversation about music or photography: he came up to me after Peter O'Loughlin's funeral to ask if I had tried the (then) new Nikon D850 yet and commenced to sing its praises. And I did get one, eventually, and he was right. May he rest well.

Death notice @ Clare FM Death notice RIP.ie

An appreciation-the Clare Echo

A few clips:

Martin Connolly & Maureen Glynn Connolly -The Galway Hornpipe & Flowers of Antrim

Martin Connolly, Geraldine Cotter, Hornpipe composed by Richard Dwyer & reel 13 Arches by Seamus Connolly

His accordion making was featured in this episode of Ceird an cheoil

My brain hurts

StevieJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Re: Martin Connolly - RIP

Post by StevieJ »

Thanks for the links and the fine photos, Peter.

RIP Martin, condolences to Damien and the family.