News Update 3/22/02 Dusty Windowsill, Ambrose Maloney

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyHiggins »

3/22/02 Greg Mahan (Wandering Whistler) sends a jig, Dusty Windowsill. Peter Laban sends in a reel, Ambrose Maloney. He writes, "The tune is Ambrose Moloney's, a reel I learned from Brid Donohue a few weeks ago. Brid in her turn learned it from JC Talty. JC is a flute and whistleplayer from Caherrush, Quilty. For 25 years he played the flute in the Tulla ceili band. In his seventies now, he doesn't play in public much these days but some time ago we played some tunes in my kitchen and that was a real treat. It's a nice simple reel very suitable for a legato style of playing. I play it single here but maybe it's better with the repeats in place."
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
tuaz

Post by tuaz »

Tony,

I can't play Peter Laban's files (Ambrose, and the Sheep one). I've tried re-downloading them, to no avail. I've no problems with the other C&S files. It would appear from my Windows Explorer that for Ambrose Maloney, a substantially-sized file of about 738 kb is downloaded, but it doesn't seem activated by WInamp, for whatever reason.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

I just compressed the two files to smaller size and reuploaded them. This should work. Every time I break my own rule and don't do that, this happens.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

On 2002-03-30 12:16, TonyHiggins wrote:
I just compressed the two files to smaller size and reuploaded them. This should work. Every time I break my own rule and don't do that, this happens.
Tony
and didn't I warn you it happened before and you should check it. ;-]
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Will some kind soul please shoot me and put me out of my misery? But wait, that would be a mortal sin. Just smack me on the back of the head with a rolled up newspaper.

(Peter, you sound just like my dear old dad, rest his soul.)
Tony