News Update 3/28/02 Garrett Barry's Jig

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyHiggins »

3/28/02 Claudine, from the Heart of Europe, sends Garrett Barry's Jig. (Everyone is on a first-name basis there.)
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
claudine
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

---
Last edited by claudine on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Sorry, Claudine. I didn't intend for you to feel obligated to reveal more than you care to. It was my attempt at being silly. (You may note that pattern in my posts.) I will update the page with your country, however.
(It goes back to what you can say in person to someone you know versus someone online that you don't.)
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
claudine
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

Tony, I guess it was a misunderstanding on both sides. I like "Heart of Europe" because:
1) most people know where Europe is but many have never heard about Luxembourg (or have wrong ideas about it)
2) "Luxembourg - the green heart of Europe" used to be a publicity slogan for tourists some 20 years ago. Rather funny than serious, in my opinion, but when I remembered it I thought I could it use it here.
Well that's it, no mystery there. So, all the best and happy easter to you and all C&F!
- claudine -
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Gee whiz. I guess there won't be any flame wars. We're much more civilized on the Clips board than the main one. And if I may wax religious for a moment, have a happy Easter, too. (Any pagans or heathens out there, have a nice spring) :smile:
Tony