Want to Buy: flat set

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Lorenzo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Want to Buy: flat set

Post by Lorenzo »

I don't really want an older set that needs work, I'm looking for a newer used 1/2 or 3/4 set of pipes by a top maker in the key of C or B. Set must sing, prefer cane reeds...and all working. A set in ebony or box, preferably. So, if you've purchased such a set in the last few years and would like to unload them now, give me a holler. I've been w/o UPs now for a few years, but the cabin is done and I'm moving up there for good in a couple months. Can't imagine disappearing to the wilderness without a good set of pipes. Need something to scare off the wolves.
Uilliam

Re: Want to Buy: flat set

Post by Uilliam »

Lorenzo check your PM's.
Uilliam :wink:
If ye are intersted in helping our cause to cure leprosy feel free to PM me.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Thanks Uilliam!

Three excellent responses so far! If anyone else has such a set available, please PM me before I close the deal!
fiddlerwill
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play traditional Irish and Scottish music.
"The beginner should approach style warily, realizing that it is an expression of self, and should turn resolutely away from all devices that are popularly believed to indicate style — all mannerisms, tricks, adornments. The approach to style is by way of plainness, simplicity, orderliness, sincerity."

Post by fiddlerwill »

Hmm, interesting,I might also be in the market for a 1/2 set in C so perhaps if you have something suitable you might PM me.after Lorenzo of course!
cheers
The mind is like a parachute; it only works when it is open.

Heres a few tunes round a table, first three sets;

http://soundcloud.com/fiddlerwill/werty
http://soundcloud.com/fiddlerwill/jigs-willie
http://soundcloud.com/fiddlerwill/jigs
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Thanks to all for the replies. There are indeed several other good C and B sets still available. I'll pass the contact information on to all who have inquired. Give me a few days to close the deal.
misterpatrick

Post by misterpatrick »

Well, this is neither here nor there, but those interested in a great B set but can't get together the cash right now, I'll be selling my lovely Gallagher B half-set (in fact, it's Lorenzo's old set!) at some point soon-ish. I am waiting on delivery of a new set and will need to sell the B to finance it. Not sure when exactly, but if you're thinking you'd like to get a set in six months to a year, keep your eyes out.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

misterpatrick wrote:Well, this is neither here nor there, but those interested in a great B set but can't get together the cash right now, I'll be selling my lovely Gallagher B half-set (in fact, it's Lorenzo's old set!) at some point soon-ish. I am waiting on delivery of a new set and will need to sell the B to finance it. Not sure when exactly, but if you're thinking you'd like to get a set in six months to a year, keep your eyes out.
That was a great 1/2 set. If I hadn't found something better...well that's neither here nor there. I won't even have internet access by the time you get ready to sell it mister!!! That set was so easy, extremely light, and always ready to go. Here's the only recording I ever made with that set...back in the old cassette tape days... [play]
Piping Bulldog

Post by Piping Bulldog »

I have a Gallagher 1/2 set in B that is available. Its one of his deluxe sets, Ebony/nickel silver/art ivory mounts with wood chanter top. Comes with gallagher bellows and case. PM if interested folks.
Podge

Post by Podge »

I believe that Donncha Dwyer is selling his Andreas Rogge C# full set. It can be seen in this clip (membership required) - http://www.pipers.ie/media/Mal&Donn1.wmv

I can PM you his phone number if you're interested.
pascal

Post by pascal »

Hi Lorenzo, not sure if you have closed the deal yet on a half-set in C. If you are still looking, I have a half-set for sale. The chanter is by Andreas Rogge in Blackwood and Brass with Art' Ivory details. The bag, drones and bellows are by Paddy O'Hare of Belfast( the piper on Lorg Lunny who uses the 'G' drone.) Reeded by Paddy (also makes reeds for John McSherry). Can e-mail photos, possibly sound byte and price.
Let me know.
Pascal.
straycat82

Post by straycat82 »

You all are killing me! After playing Gabriel McKeagney's B Wooff set at the SoCal Tionol last November I can't stop thinking about getting a B set (as ulikely as it is to acquire an actual Wooff set)!
ChristianRo

Post by ChristianRo »

Um... mouthwatering. Anyone selling a B or Bb (full/three quarter) within the EU maybe? Just asking... PM me if yes.
Christian
Juan Pablo Plata

Post by Juan Pablo Plata »

ChristianRo wrote:Um... mouthwatering. Anyone selling a B or Bb (full/three quarter) within the EU maybe? Just asking... PM me if yes.
Hi, didn´t you have Rogge B one? Just for curiosity.
ChristianRo

Post by ChristianRo »

Juan Pablo Plata wrote:Hi, didn´t you have Rogge B one? Just for curiosity.
No. I have a Rogge D.
Christian
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

Which episode was Paddy O'Hare on Lorg Lunny? I tried finding it but was unable to locate the specific episode?

Sorry to get off topic, but it was mentioned previously.

all the best
Joseph Sampson
Sampson Cane- California cane
sampsoncaneatgmaildotcom
http://sampsoncane.com