North East Tionol: Update

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
KAD
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

North East Tionol: Update

Post by KAD »

The tentative schedule for the weekend is now up on the website. This is shaping up to be another great year!

Rooms at Gavin’s are filling up fast. The registration crew will give priority for the few remaining rooms to attendees who are registered for piping or fiddling classes. However, we’ve had quite a few expressions of interest from folks who just want to hang out at Gavin’s and enjoy the weekend. So, if you are planning to take piping or fiddling classes and haven’t yet sent us at least your registration and deposit, please do so soon to help us ensure that you get to stay “on campus”. We need to hear from you!

We are pleased to report that two more well-known Irish musicians are coming to the tionol this year: piper Jimmy O’Brien Moran, and guitarist Ged Foley! Jimmy and Ged have graciously made themselves available to tionol attendees for private lessons. Contact information for both musicians will shortly be available on the website:

www.eastcoastpipers.com

KAD
tommykleen
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am interested in the uilleann pipes and their typical -and broader- use. I have been composing and arranging for the instrument lately. I enjoy unusual harmonic combinations on the pipes. I use the pipes to play music of other cultures.

Post by tommykleen »

Wow! The event just gets more spectacular. With all that talent on site I might just leave the pipes at home and run the recorder all weekend!

...naw!

TK
bradhurley

Post by bradhurley »

FYI, we've set up a blog for folks who are looking for a lift to the tionól or who can provide one; also if you're looking for a roommate you can use the blog for that as well:

http://netionol.blogspot.com/

If you post a comment there, be sure to include your email address in the comment so people can contact you directly.
misterpatrick

Post by misterpatrick »

Double wow! JOBM , Mick O'Brien, Goff, Vallely, Quigley, D'Arcy and Koehler! This is going to be quite the weekend. I'm going, who else is going to be there? My only regret is that I won't be able to make it to SoCal this year.
bradhurley

Post by bradhurley »

misterpatrick wrote:Double wow! JOBM , Mick O'Brien, Goff, Vallely, Quigley, D'Arcy and Koehler!
Don't forget Cormac Cannon! He's a brilliant young piper, perhaps not as widely known as the rest on the roster but that won't be true for long. I'm also really psyched that both Patrick Ourceau and Breda Keville will be there as the fiddle instructors. It's going to be awesome.
KevinCorkery

Post by KevinCorkery »

I'm just assuming Michael Cooney will be there as well on his own accord.
skipjam

Post by skipjam »

I did indeed get a wee hint that Mr. Cooney will also be making an appearance.

What an amazing line-up. Can't wait!
DarthWeasel

Post by DarthWeasel »

Anyone need a room mate?
"Sleep well, and dream of large women"
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Yippee! I've sent in our registration. Now just to buy plane tickets (next paycheck, that). This is making a huge dent in the Jim Wenham Chanter Fund, but I can't wait.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

I'm really tempted. I'll see you there if I don't go bankrupt by then!
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

I so share your pain. I don't know where it's winding up, but the money just keeps going away.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Yippee! Plane tickets bought, car rented, pocket emptied. Joy! Yikes!!!!! MY GOD, WHAT HAVE I DONE?
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Cathy Wilde wrote:Yippee! Plane tickets bought, car rented, pocket emptied. Joy! Yikes!!!!! MY GOD, WHAT HAVE I DONE?
Yep, I'd say you're a "lifer". :D
dcurtin85

Post by dcurtin85 »

so who else is going??? last year the thread for this thing was like 8 pages long!

and is anyone driving up from NYC? i'm looking for a ride...
KAD

Post by KAD »

dcurtin85 wrote:so who else is going??? last year the thread for this thing was like 8 pages long!

and is anyone driving up from NYC? i'm looking for a ride...
Well, at last count we had almost 60 piping students registered, so it should be a fair crowd. :D Perhaps instead of posting to C&F, everyone is diligently practicing to get in shape for piping classes. I know I am! Gotta shake off some of that rust...:oops:

You might also try the ride board on the website at

www.eastcoastpipers.com.

Cheers,
KAD